Menu

I have a ....

MOHAWK!!!! I went in to get my head shaved because it was just getting so gross with big globs of hair falling off. I have SO much hair!! Well I left with a mohawk!! Then I decided to go around town sporting my new hair to see people's reactions but mostly to give me a boost. I got a few head shakes but mostly people just afraid to look at me. I wouldn't normally do this so I hope no one thinks badly of me. It was more to empower me. I even went into Culver's and ordered a dish of ice cream and sat and ate it. All the while my friend was on the phone talking to me and laughing with me. I didn't even cry when I got it all buzzed off. I was so surprised.

My kids were shocked but I think they are relieved that I am so psyched to have a Mohawk! It won't last long but it sure was a boost.

The best part was that I was able to donate my hair. Had I known that I would have gone in sooner. I've thrown at least a braid full away!! They said that this was the best donation they had all year.

I'll try to post a picture. The woman who cut it was trying to get me to look tough. :D Does anyone know how to post a picture on my email. I really don't look all that tough.

Drag the picture in your email to your desktop. Then, in an open reply window on this thread, scroll to the bottom and hit "manage attachments." A window will pop up and you can upload the picture to your reply.

And, congrats! I think it's great that you're handling all this with a sense of humor! :001_smile:

OH MY GOSH!!!! I just *LOVE* that you did this!!! I'm so impressed, especially because it is SO out of your character!!! Your kids will ALWAYS remember that you took this dark time in your life to have a humorous moment. I just LOVE that you did this!

Please tell me you're going to post a picture?

Ds15 has been wanting a mohawk FOREVER. I bought him a black winter hat with NEON GREEN mohawk hair as a gag gift (NOT cheap!) for his stocking. He's going to LOVE it!

My family knows of your story and he'd be SO impressed. Please share a picture!

:grouphug:

My daughter took some tonight that I like better. Now I just have to find the cord to plug it into the computer and charge her camera batteries. It probably won't be until tomorrow. Sorry to keep you waiting!

We also took a picture of my husband and I but with him wearing my wig!! Too funny!

I am so happy for you!!!! That is a brave thing to sport!

I love when people find moments of pure happiness and self assurance in moments of chaos. These are definitely the moments that define a person. :biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

Way to go! My mom shaved her head before her hair started falling out last year and joined the family "baldy" club. My dad and uncle have both been bald for years. Way to embrace the changes. Good luck, I'm thinking of you always. My mom finished her chemo just before Christmas last year and her radiation shortly after the new year. All the best!:grouphug: