Menu

My dh's book will be released Oct. 12.

I hope it's okay to post this here. I am so happy and relieved and grateful. My husband's tome--a project that took almost six years--is finally done and soon to be released. You history lovers (and who isn't a history lover here?) might want to check it out!

http://www.amazon.com/Gun-C-J-Chivers/dp/0743270762/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1284588219&sr=8-1-spell

or:

http://www.cjchivers.com

Edited by yellowperch

Guest Alte Veste Academy

Holy garbanzo beans, Batman! Your dh won a Pulitzer? That is very impressive! This book is right up my dad's alley so thanks for the Christmas idea. :D

Congratulations! Very exciting. I don't know what I was expecting when I clicked the link you included but when I did, I was like, What? He won a Pulitzer? I mean, hey, it's not every day I run into Pulitzer Prize winners or wives of Pulitzer Prize winners--even on chat boards.:tongue_smilie: And the book sounds great. I think I'll order it for my husband. Thanks for sharing! :001_smile:

Thank you all very much for the warm words. I really am very very proud. He is quite talented, and very hard-working. He also is an ace diaper changer, kid wrangler and all around great guy. But he's a sock-on-the-floor leaver and a dish-in-the-sinker-stacker, too. So there is plenty of room to grow. Anyway, he wrote his book proposal during the two weeks he took off work when my now 6yo was a newborn so we were very happy when the last t was crossed.

The trick is getting this book into people's hands. The subject matter can be a bit off-putting. (I have to say there were often raised eyebrows when I'd pick up his interlibrary loan books from the library.) But the book really is about Soviet history, armed conflict, myth-making, politcal represssion, the economics of the arms industry, war surgery, the dangers of planned economies, the march of history, as well as lunatics, cheats, fools and the courageous few. It aims to explain the mess we are in.

Chris would be happy to sign books. I hadn't thought of that, but of course he would. Thanks for asking. Just PM and we can work out the hows, etc.

Guest Alte Veste Academy
The trick is getting this book into people's hands. The subject matter can be a bit off-putting. (I have to say there were often raised eyebrows when I'd pick up his interlibrary loan books from the library.) But the book really is about Soviet history, armed conflict, myth-making, politcal represssion, the economics of the arms industry, war surgery, the dangers of planned economies, the march of history, as well as lunatics, cheats, fools and the courageous few. It aims to explain the mess we are in.

OOOOH!!!! I say again, RIGHT up my dad's alley! He's a retired Master Sergeant who minored in Russian history and thinks, "No one really understands why the world is such a mess!" The content will definitely interest him. I just hope he agrees with your DH. :lol: Either way, it will be a good read.