• small dog - On the floor, by the bed
    • big dog - In my bed, right beside me
    • big dog - In my bed, but by my feet
    • big dog - On the floor, by the bed
    • In a different room
    • outside
    • small dog - in my child's bed
    • big dog - in my child's bed

My Pyr sleeps on the bed somewhere near the foot (actually the bed is a king and it starts out with me on one edge, DD1 in the middle and DH on the other edge with Pyr taking up the space between our legs and below DD1) and our Great Dane is either also on the bed or on the floor next to the bed.

My oldest dd usually takes both dogs to bed with her. She currently has a queen size bed so she has room for the 45lb. and the 85lb. mutts, but the larger one gets hot easy and will usually end up on the floor before the nights over. If dd is away for the night they sleep on the floor by our bed. Sometimes the larger one will choose to sleep in our room on the floor even if DD is home.

Dh has always been a "No dogs in my bed" kind of guy, but recently I caught him in bed with the larger(and older) dog laying next to him.

Our cats are bigger than our dog and since she was raised with them, she fully believes she is one. During the day she loves to sleep on the back of the living room chair. From there she can keep an eye on the front door, the kitchen and all the bedroom doors. Not a thing gets past her notice. At night, she sleeps at my feet during the summer and as close to me as she can get during the winter. :lol:

I choose big dog - On the floor, by the bed but....

when our dog is not there she sleeps in a different room which is the family room downstairs.

We have a female yellow lab, Jordan, and I'll say it again, these are very family-oriented dogs and THEIR DESIRE is to be with their family!! :D

Our Yorkie sleeps in our 1/2 bathroom. He has a doggie bed and a litter box in there, and we put up a baby gate so he can't escape. we tried him in our room when we first got him, but he has to go potty every 30 minutes...and I was getting exhausted taking him outside all night long.

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: First time I've ever heard of that one. Mine follows me to the bathroom but she never hangs out in there.

My setter is a bathroom dog. We just tell guests to ignore him which admittedly is tough as it's a small bathroom & he is a 50lb setter. He likes to position himself right in front of the toilet so you kind of have to straddle him sometimes.

My favourite thing about this is how vaguely indignant he is. Hello? I'm trying to sleep here!

My setter is a bathroom dog. We just tell guests to ignore him which admittedly is tough as it's a small bathroom & he is a 50lb setter. He likes to position himself right in front of the toilet so you kind of have to straddle him sometimes.

My favourite thing about this is how vaguely indignant he is. Hello? I'm trying to sleep here!

:lol: I can just see the fearful but need-to-pee-guests ascending the throne with a dog looking at them. He gets a good view of all your guests, huh?!

Ours is a pom. He sleeps behind and usually to one side. We tell guests that if they use that bathroom in the middle of the night they'll be obliged to take him out to pee too. :D Fortunately there's another night time bathroom sans dog and night time walking the dog fun.

Medium dog (54lbs), bed. She starts out curled behind my legs or at the small of my back, and occasionally ends up with her head on the pillow like a third kid in the middle - it's a bit startling to roll over and have her staring at me like that :001_huh:. I guess I could get mad, but I don't - I think it's endearing.

I have found her actually *in* my bed during the day. She digs back the covers and curls up on my pillow. She also steals just one of my shoes and sleeps with it if I leave the house without her (thank goodness she's over actually eating the shoes).

I think it's sweet. And that's cracked, I know. But I like her.

small dog sleeps normally in his crate with the door open(his choice)

1 big dog sleeps on the dog beds(toddler mattresses stacked on top of one another)

1 dog sleeps right in front of the front door, the 2 big dogs do sometimes rotate who sleeps in front of the door and who sleeps on the beds.

big foster dog sleeps in his crate as he is still separated from the rest of my household dogs.

cats have free range except in my bedroom!

My DH wasn't really sure about sharing the bed dogs, but now--he loves it and actually carries each of them to our bed. It's part of their night time routine.

Dh has always been a "No dogs in my bed" kind of guy, but recently I caught him in bed with the larger(and older) dog laying next to him.

We have a little dog (11 lbs) who typically sleeps in his bed in the living room. He will sometimes 'ask' to come in our room at night by scratching on the door. If he is particularly persistent or we are feeling charitable, we'll let him come in and sleep under our bed. On rare occasions DD will ask to have him sleep in her room. That is the only time we let him sleep in a human bed.

I know that people let their pets in bed with them, so I don't think it's odd for them. We don't generally let ours in our bed, so it is odd for us.

Since we have five dogs I had multiple answers. The three little dogs sleep in the bed with us one stays near the head of the bed and the other stays near the foot. The third small dog sometimes sleeps near the head of the bed but sometimes gets out of the bed and sleeps on the floor near the bed. The two big dogs sometimes sleep in the bedroom but sometimes one sleeps in the living room on the couch and the other sleeps near the front door.

I selected big dog, because she isn't little. She's more medium sized. But anyway, she sleeps on the bed with my dd every single night. They are best buddies.

The cat, on the other hand, sleeps on the foot of our bed at night (that is, unless she gets kicked.)

Blessings,

Lucinda

I voted big dog at my feet, but he's really more medium sized. If I get a chance to sit for a few minutes in dh's recliner, the dog is at my feet there, too.

I also often have a cat or two in bed with me -- beside me or on top of me. Yes, at the same time the dog is at my feet.

I'm really not much of a dog person at all, but not long after youngest ds received this dog as a birthday present, all three boys went away to camp for a week, and the dog adopted me while they were gone.