Menu

Please keep our family in mind tomorrow - surgery.

I'm posting this now because I won't be able to in the morning.

My husband goes in tomorrow morning for cervical spinal surgery. He's having multiple vertebra fused, bone spurs dealt with, and another procedure related to his psoriatic arthritis done. He'll be in the hospital until at least Friday am.

If you are willing, please keep our family in your prayers and thoughts tomorrow and through the next few days.

:grouphug: and many prayers.

My dh goes in next Tuesday for a prostate removal surgery. I've been worried for weeks in anticipation. I get teary just thinking about it.

I'll be praying for you tomorrow and looking for the updates. :grouphug:

His surgery lasted five hours. The fusion was a success but the surgeon said he had a lot of bone spurs (signs of advanced arthritis). Sorry, I feel punch drunk.

If you could continue to pray, I'd appreciate it. He's had some negative reactions to medication (throwing up, panic attacks, etc.) and is in an incredible amount of pain. It has just about killed me to see him actually crying in pain. I think they've finally found a pain medication he can tolerate and he is dosing off and on, but still not getting good sleep.

I came home for a few hours sleep.

I'll update more when I can actually think.

:grouphug: Praying for his pain to be made manageable and for a quick recovery, and for both of you to get some good rest. Take good care of yourself as he'll need your strength too. I don't know what he's getting for pain, but maybe it's one that he can get a pump for which he controls. It's more effective to get a little bit of medication at the first sign of it wearing off than to get a whole lot more after the pain is intense.

Okay, he's home. TONS better today, although still in a lot of pain. He had a reaction to the morphine pump. It made him feel like he was having an anxiety attack, crying, and vomiting (super painful right after neck surgery). FINALLY found something he could tolerate (percocet). Once we found a pain medication he could tolerate he started improving. He still needs help to do anything (drink, walk, pee, etc.) but they let him come home.

I'm tired.

Picked up my kids and the minute my 10yo laid eyes on her dad she burst into tears. Poor thing.

Thanks for your prayers. It is going to be a long recovery.

Good to know you got him home. I hope everybody can settle in quickly, and you all can get back into your family groove. Healing is so much easier in our own homes, it seems.

Here's to good rest for all of you, and quick healing for MrDaisy. You have been prayed for!