Menu

Prayer for my oldest son PLEASE

My oldest son is a quad, c 6-7, injured almost 19 yrs now.

He has been sick for about 1 1/2 wks. We have a Dr appointment this morning with an internal med. dr. and would like prayer that he will be able to pinpoint what the problem is.

I am guessing that ds has lost at least 10# since he has gotten sick, has no strength, has all the classic autonomic reflexive symptoms, isn't sleeping well, at times hardly at all etc.

Yes, we have taken him to the er Friday, spend almost 4 hrs there with no resolve. Sent him home with nausea med that does absolutely NO good. GRR

Please pray for him. That the trip to the town where we are going for Dr won't be to hard on him, that the Dr will be able to pinpoint what is going on and that I don't fall apart. (No sure why but I have been in tears most of the morning. I think it is just because I am tired but still......)

Thanks to everyone that takes the time to do this.

Well, we are finally home. It has been a day. DS saw a Dr in one town 20 miles to the west of us, a cnp in a town 30 miles to the east of us and has several tests done of which we haven't gotten any results from yet. There is also another test scheduled for Thur. morning.

In the mean time he is even more exhausted and still very sick. If we don't get any resolution be end of test on Thur. I am going to insist that we go to Craige in Denver. He said he can't make the trip(400 miles) but he also can't continue this way.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers. I didn't loose it once. That was a total God thing!

Please keep praying that the tests that have been done will show what ever the problem is and that they get back to us SOON!

It has been another rough day for ds.

We got a call from the CNP this afternoon and DS has a major UTI. It is really puzzling as he didn't show any of the usual signs of that. He is still going to keep the appointment for the test tomorrow so we will see if that shows anything more. He is started on an anti biotic though so if it is the whole reason for his crummies he should start to feel better tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your prayers.

We got a call from the CNP this afternoon and DS has a major UTI. It is really puzzling as he didn't show any of the usual signs of that. He is still going to keep the appointment for the test tomorrow so we will see if that shows anything more. He is started on an anti biotic though so if it is the whole reason for his crummies he should start to feel better tomorrow.

I'm so sorry! I hope he does feel better soon, but I don't think one day of antibiotics will show the results you desire in one day. The WILL show, though.

My mother had UTI's that were very painful, and UTI's that she didn't know she had. It's not uncommon.

:grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug: Still praying!!! Know that God is with both of you!!! :grouphug: Keep strong! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Thanks again for all the prayers. It is for sure I have been aware of them. God is Good ALL the time.

Last night he was running a fever of 102.8! This is the first elevated time he has had through all of this and it was AFTER he started the med by about 8 hrs. How does that work? I knew the med. hadn't started working well yet so gave him 2 aspirin and it came down. He must have slept pretty good as he didn't get me up in the night.

I will be glad when we have this final test done.

Again, thanks to all of you for your prayers, good thoughts and encouraging words. It has meant a lot to me.

The last test is done with nothing found so they are pretty sure that it is just the UTI that is causing all the problems.

He is still running a pretty high temp. I just took it and it is 103.8. I did give him some aspirin so hopefully it will come back down. He has been able to drink more fluids this afternoon and hasn't had near the Hyper reflexia that he has been suffering for the last 11 days. I am thinking that by tomorrow he may even be able to eat something without the nausea.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts.

DS is doing better this morning. Still very weak and running a temp but not as high as last night and he slept well. He is back in bed and hopefully will rest for 2-3 hrs and we will then get him in his chair. That is always telling.:001_smile:

I have come to a whole new appreciation of this board this week.:D

Thank you again for all the prayers for both of us.

Ugh! Ds is back to being nauseous and his temp is back up to 101. I know that isn't dangerously high but he has been on the anti biotic now for 56 hrs. I would think the whole fever thing would be over. He was able to drink ice tea today instead of 7 up but it keeps him away so can't do that this evening and wants to stay off of the 7 up because of HFCS.

I have to be honest, I think he should be in the hospital with IVs going to help him stay hydrated.

Any nurses/Drs that has any recommendations?