Menu

What did you do with your college diplomas?

DH and I had ours framed and displayed for awhile but after our last move we just kept them in a box. I didn't really get why the guy in the previous link burned his since you can always get another diploma and a hard copy isn't really required much anyway. :confused:

Mine are in piano performance, so they are hanging next to the piano in my studio where I teach. (All right, the studio also happens to be the living room and I currently only have 5 students!) But seeing them helps me remember what I have accomplished and hopefully reminds my students that they are getting quality instruction.

My husband is a software engineer, so his are hanging over his desk in the office where he spends a lot of time.

I remember that my parents always had theirs packed away in a box somewhere and I think they are MIA. That's probably the norm it sounds like!

He has never displayed his diplomas. I've never thought about them being a house decoration. I've only thought about them being in offices.

I did see my high school diploma this morning as I was going through a box. I thought, 'what a waste of money that fancy holder really is.' I remember paying like $25 for that thing! :tongue_smilie:

Oops! I meant to say DH in the first sentence, not just he. :)

Edited by Night Elf

I have no idea where my university diplomas is at. I think that its packed away somewhere. I do have one of those miniature diplomas in a drawer. Anytime I've needed proof of my degree for employment I've had to attach transcripts instead of a copy of a diploma.

I have two, an undergraduate one and a graduate one. I have only a vague idea of where they are since I have not needed to display them since I quit a job ten years ago. I do work part time but display my professional license (which is required by law) and haven't bothered with my diploma. I don't really care to display them at home...everyone here knows about my degrees.:lol:

They are both framed, but one of the frames is damaged, so it is in my hope chest. My grad school one is sitting over my desk in the school room -- a reminder to me on those frustrating days that I did, at one time, accomplish something, lol!

Ooh - I like the idea of hanging them in the schoolroom (if we will have one). I always thought it would be atrange having them hanging somewhere in the house - unless we had a home office - which we never had.

I think mine are in a tube on the floor between my dressing table and the wall. Now, my SCA scrolls are on top of the book case waiting until we can have them framed. They're really nice, with calligraphy, illumination, a real wax seal and signed by the king and queen!

Priorities...

:)

Rosie

Mine is in the safe deposit box as is dh's undergrad. I honestly have no idea where his Master's one is. We bought nice frames for dds's undergrad--the USNA is really nice--spot for her diploma and her commissioning with a pen and ink sketch of the chapel. And this thread reminded me that I need to get one for her Master's this week when I'm in Boulder--thanks!

My USNA diploma and commissioning and dh's diploma and commissioning are all pretty much stored away. I used to joke that I'd love to do a guest bathroom that was USNA themed and hang the diploma there (I had a sponsor who had done this, always made me laugh).*

The masters degrees are framed very nicely. DH makes a point of hanging my MS Ed up in a place of honor (for the Midianites to see).

Now really important stuff like my Shellback certificate. You bet that this is framed.

*I ended on something of a bitter note when an instructor behaved very dishonorably right before senior year finals. Put a sour taste in my mouth for several years.