Menu

What curriculum would you like to find in YOUR stocking?

This one is for you! Is there something school related,. curriculum, or parents help homeschool book, that you would be overjoyed to find in YOUR Christmas stocking this year? Something that makes your life easier, or offers the help you have been craving?

Myself, I would like a really good homeschool specific planner!

Guest Alte Veste Academy

I would gleefully receive anything from my long range wish list or the WEM reading list. :001_smile:

Teaching the Classics

Life of Fred

Hillyer's History of Art, Architecture and Sculpture (Calvert set)

MCT or CW (can't decide, really just want to see...also waiting to see SWB's WWS)

Song School Latin and Latin for Children

TOG 1-4

Analytical Grammar/Junior Analytical Grammar

the complete collection of Golden Guides

art supplies

handicraft supplies

Homeschool in the Woods sets for Artists and Composers

I realize some of the items don't necessarily appear to be strictly for me as a teacher. However, my feeling is that buying things in advance and using them to self-educate before having to teach them will make me a better teacher when the time comes.

Edited by Alte Veste Academy

All of the MCT books;)

Shurley English

The rest of FLL and WWE

Hake English

all of the Singapore Math books and supplements, HIGs, CWP, etc.

All of the My Pals are Here Singapore Science books

IEW SWI, TWSS, and supplements:)

Spanish for Children

Greek for Children

The rest of Latin for Children

Latin Prep

The rest of STOW

TWTM

Memoria Press Famous Men

Memoria Press French

Discovery Education United Streaming Plus

I would LOVE to find a fun supplementary curriculum that combines science and art and/or math and art. Real art and real science/math, not cutesy crafts like "Make an octopus out of a paper plate!" (Not that there's anything wrong with that. Said in my best Seinfeld voice, which isn't all that great.)

*sigh* Anyone have/heard of something like this? Think Santa will write one for me?

Cat

I'm not quite ready to part with Ele Math for Teachers, but honestly, I learned more from:

http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Mathematics-Elementary-Middle-Schools/dp/0130116815/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

There is a newer edition, but this is the one I have, and half a buck+shipping is not bad.

Regarding Nebel. I am ready to part with this book. Send me you addy on my email or PM, and I'll send it to you, gratis, the first time I get an Amazon box that fits it. I am simply not going to get this worked in.

MCT, just so I could *look* at the stuff!

Me too.

And Life of Fred.

And IEW.

The whole set for HoD's Creation to Christ. I'm ready to start planning for next year.

I also really want an old, old copy of Handbook of Nature Study. The green cloth hardbound one. I found it online I just haven't pulled the trigger for it and never mentioned it to DH.

I realize some of the items don't necessarily appear to be strictly for me as a teacher. However, my feeling is that buying things in advance and using them to self-educate before having to teach them will make me a better teacher when the time comes.

That's my excuse too :lol:

I'd love "Teaching the Classics" but I'm getting Analytical Grammar (for the above stated reason) and can't have both. For next Christmas I want LOF Fractions and Decimals and some Latin curriculum. Haven't decided which one yet though. The year after that I want LOF Algebra and a logic program. Haven't decided which of those either.

I'm a Capricorn, I like to plan in advance. ;) The good thing about the Latin is dh wants to study it too, so I might be able to buy it for *his* Christmas present and get LOF for mine :D

Rosie

I got some last year when I ordered from Vernon Library Supplies! I LOVE them! They are the hefty metal kind you see in the library, but they came in all sorts of cool primary colors.

Dawn

I would like bookends (decent ones), Sonlight pk 3/4 core, a nice cd of various classical music, something to teach dd about the bible at 2 years old