Menu

What are you making for dinner?

I'm making breakfast for dinner. I don't like a big breakfast in the morning, but love it at night.

I'm making homemade biscuits, scrambled eggs, grits, and bacon, served with grandma's homemade jelly and maple syrup (my dd puts syrup on her eggs:confused:).

Friday night is homemade pizza night.

I use store bought roll out dough for the base. I precook a couple of these and add a layer of sauce. Then each person in the family gets to 'decorate' a section with the toppings of their choice. Cheese, pepperoni slices. fresh sliced veggies--tomatoes, peppers, onions, fresh pineapple (on mine!) If we have leftover spaghetti sauce or taco meat or steak, anyone can use that, too. Pop back into a hot oven to finish baking.

I think we'll watch 'White Christmas' tonight, too.

We are having frozen cheese pizza. My youngest dd has a ballet performance tonight, and we are all going to our town's little Christmas festival, so not much time to cook, eat, and clean up.

On those nights when I don't know exactly what to make, I go with quesadillas, rice, and beans, or breakfast for dinner. Both options go over extremely well, and don't require a ton of effort for me. It's a win-win!

I'm making breakfast for dinner. I don't like a big breakfast in the morning, but love it at night.

I'm making homemade biscuits, scrambled eggs, grits, and bacon, served with grandma's homemade jelly and maple syrup (my dd puts syrup on her eggs:confused:).

We just finished having crustless quiches made in muffin tins. Everyone got to pick what he/she wanted in theirs. :)

We had honey-glazed ham, mashed sweet potatoes, pineapple chunks, potato salad, green beans, and cole slaw... an unusually large meal for us, but I needed to cook the ham (after eating, we had 7 cups of diced ham that we put up in the freezer), there were 4 sweet potatoes that needed to be used, and the potato salad and cole slaw were left over from the other day and needed to be eaten. I made the green beans and opened the can of pineapple before I remembered the "needing to be used up items." Oops. :blush:

I'm with you - most breakfast food is GROSS in the morning!

My dad used to get out the electric griddle and make pancakes, eggs, bacon, maybe waffles, once a month for dinner.