Frivolous poll: favorite Christmas candy

Can you share how you make these two?

Here you go:

Oreo Balls

1 8oz pkg. of cream cheese

4 c. crushed oreo cookies

2 c. chocolate chips

1 Tbsp. shortening

Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add cookies and beat until combined. Refigerate 2 hours. Roll into 1-inch balls.

Melt chocolate chips and shortening over double boiler and dip balls into it to coat. Place on wax paper and store in fridge.

Peanut Butter Pretzels

1 c. peanut butter

1/2 c. butter at room temperature

1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs

2 c. powdered sugar

small pretzel twists

melted chocolates

Mis up the peanut butter mixture. Put onto pretzel twists and refrigerate or freeze. Melt chocolate and dip the pretzels into the chocolate and refrigerate.

My kids(and I) love Reindeer Kisses that we make each December. They are so easy for the kids to make. Take small twisted pretzels and place a hershey's kiss on each of them. Warm them in the oven just until the kisses are warm. Take them out and gently push a red m&m into the center of each. They are choc covered pretzels. We could make them at any time but we only want them in December. We make other things too like fudge and lots of cookies.

Not a Christmas candy but one I only get at Christmas...Violet Crumble.

Each year DH special orders a case of 24 and I ration them through the year. Unfortunately I might have to share with the kids this year (which means I had better get 2 boxes).

My kids(and I) love Reindeer Kisses that we make each December. They are so easy for the kids to make. Take small twisted pretzels and place a hershey's kiss on each of them. Warm them in the oven just until the kisses are warm. Take them out and gently push a red m&m into the center of each. They are choc covered pretzels. We could make them at any time but we only want them in December. We make other things too like fudge and lots of cookies.

Yum! My sister-in-law makes what she calls reindeer kisses with pretzels and Rolos (chocolate covered caramel).

Not a Christmas candy but one I only get at Christmas...Violet Crumble.

Each year DH special orders a case of 24 and I ration them through the year. Unfortunately I might have to share with the kids this year (which means I had better get 2 boxes).

You are truly a woman of restraint if you could make 24 Violet Crumble bars last for a whole year. They would last about two weeks with me. I love them.

Enjoy!

Regards,

Kareni

Brach's Peppermint Nougats!

The round individually wrapped candies that are red and white around the edges and have a Christmas tree in the middle.

Yes! These are my absolute favorites, but I couldn't remember what they're called. Thanks for remembering for me.

Oh, and BikeBookBread, don't worry about your crowns! The worst that can happen is that the crown comes out. (Well, swallowing it would be worse than that, but you aren't going to swallow your crown!) Anyway, if the crown comes off, just brush your teeth really well, put some Fixodent on the crown and glue it back in until you can get to the dentist to cement it in again. No biggie. Definitely not worth giving up your favorite chewy, pepperminty, gooey Christmas treat!

I don't know if it's a sesonal candy, really, but I usually eat some during December. :D Buckeyes; those peanut butter fudge covered in chocolate balls of delicousness. :)

:iagree:These are my favorite too. I was just thinking about these today, I love making them and giving them away as Christmas presents. I've had to limit making these to just the holiday season or I would be ginormous.

:leaving:

Brach's Peppermint Nougats!

The round individually wrapped candies that are red and white around the edges and have a Christmas tree in the middle. Dh's grandma sent me a big bag of them every year when we lived overseas. :D

Oh, I love these! Whenever I try to explain these to someone, no one knows what I'm talking about. And I love eggnog fudge. What a yummy thread!

Sandy

I love those! But man, I'm so afraid to put one in my mouth now that I have crowns...

Actually, they taste fine with crowns. (Don't do this...learn vicariously from my expensive mistake....) :001_huh:

Sandy

Edit: Oh, now I see. It's not bad as long as you don't *swallow* the crown. O-h-h-h-h.

Edited by sandellie4