Menu

Who's the best?

Alan Rickman...a voice to die for. Plus, the man can play a wicked bad guy (Die Hard) an over the top bad guy (Robin Hood) and the most delicious romantic hero (Sense and Sensibility.)

Pretty darn terrific.

Adrian Brody does have nice eyes though.

We're having an arguemen..........er, a discussion on who's the better actor. Dd says that to her, Alan Rickman will always be Colonel Brandon and the Adrien Brody could be anyone. She asserts that this makes AB a better actor.

AR is always Colonel Brandon first and foremost to me too, and I think AB is right up there, but AR is classic.

We're having an arguemen..........er, a discussion on who's the better actor. Dd says that to her, Alan Rickman will always be Colonel Brandon and the Adrien Brody could be anyone. She asserts that this makes AB a better actor.

AR is always Colonel Brandon first and foremost to me too, and I think AB is right up there, but AR is classic.

Have you seen Truly, Madly, Deeply? You might change your mind about AR always being Colonel Brandon.

Alan Rickman and since no one else has mentioned it, I really don't think anyone else could have played Snape as well. I am really looking forward to seeing him in the last two movies. I imagine he will be able to pull off the emotional intensity required to make Snape a redeemable character.

Alan Rickman and since no one else has mentioned it, I really don't think anyone else could have played Snape as well. I am really looking forward to seeing him in the last two movies. I imagine he will be able to pull off the emotional intensity required to make Snape a redeemable character.

:iagree: Thanks for bringing this up. I think he is a superb Snape.

Alan Rickman, without a doubt!

Oh no, I have to be the lone disenter. Adrien Brody makes me crazy...even the nose. I love it.

...however, I am huge fan of prominent noses! So, Brody gets some respect for the nose. I mean, the World Series was very enjoyable to me, though I despise the Yankees, because Andy Pettitte was blessed with a lovely sniffer :D.

My favorite Alan Rickman movie is "Snow Cake" (2006). If you aren't familiar with this one, you are in for a real treat. The whole movie draws you in, but it is Alan who is particularly magnetic and carries the entire film. Tremendous acting by everyone and despite Alan's age, the scene with the next-door neighbor, Maggie, is sizzling. Yum.

Alan Rickman, of course. I've seen him on stage (in Dangerous Liaisons, playing Valmont) and it was unforgettable.

I find the relationship between Rickman's and Emma Thompson's characters in Love, Actually completely heartbreaking.

ETA: I think that Rickman has extraordinary range as an actor.

Laura

Edited by Laura Corin

...however, I am huge fan of prominent noses! So, Brody gets some respect for the nose. I mean, the World Series was very enjoyable to me, though I despise the Yankees, because Andy Pettitte was blessed with a lovely sniffer :D.

I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one. I'll have to tell my kids, they think I'm crazy for my nose.....ah....adiction. I judge every man's attraction level by his nose first. Weird, I know. :D