Menu

What are you buying/making your spouse for Christmas?

Ugh, I have no idea. I need to get past 3 birthdays that are before Christmast. My oldest dd and hubby share a birthday which happens to be on the 18th of this month. I will be watching for fab ideas on what to get him. He is a total techy and very hard to shop for. Wants the new Ipod/Iphone thing but he had an Ipod and we dont' have ATT, so that is out.

Dh's birthday is the 2nd of Dec. I want to get him new thermals for under his coveralls. He has an outdoor job. For Christmas I'd like to get him new casual pants and a sweater or winter shirt... he says he doesn't like sweaters, but, then each winter he gets up on a Sunday for church and says, "I think I'll wear a sweater... hmmm..." And his are old.

This year my husband graciously went to the Cabela's website and printed out five things of various prices that he would like to receive as gifts.

*big sigh of relief*

I'm not terrible at picking stuff out for the man. But it is nice to know what he really, truly will get excited over.

Also, secretly, I've been buying him those dumb "as seen on tv" products that are showing up in the checkout aisles. It's a little bit of a private joke. I cannot wait until he opens up the ShamWow on Christmas day. :lol:

I am going to get the biggest eyeroll ever. And I'm gonna die laughing.

DH loves his IPOD. DH's clock radio has been dysfunctional for years. I found a small clock radio that has an IPOD port - perfect! It will be the first time in several years that I have discovered a cool gift for him that he didn't discover and buy for himself first (or ask me to get).

We usually do a joint/household gift for DH & I. This year we're getting a dedicated computer to hook up to the TV to stream only the shows we want. And we're getting rid of the Satellite TV. Yay! A Christmas gift that will actually end up paying for itself in just a few months. :)

Dh and I do not buy for each other on Christmas. We enjoy it being the kids' day. We will, occasionally, get one another some little tiny special thing...like a bag of Dove chocolates or a card. My dh and I both enjoy the foods of the holidays, so we spend money making things and buying wines to complement our foods - wines that are more pricy than what we would normally buy, that is.

My husband is a fairly serious hobby photographer so he usually requests a new lens or some photography gizmo. I'll probably also sew something for him. I was thinking of ordering Polarfleece with the wind block feature from Mill Direct (the former Malden Mills in Lawrence, MA) to make mittens and hats for him and his brother (whose name I drew in the family gift round robin).

I will be paying the electric, water, loan and internet bills! :hurray:

He's going to be so excited :rofl:

Really, though, money's so tight this year that our gifts to each other for our anniversary (10 years :w00t:) were, he gave me the money and I paid the bills (giving him the confirmation numbers on a special piece of paper, lol).

I will be paying the electric, water, loan and internet bills! :hurray:

He's going to be so excited :rofl:

Really, though, money's so tight this year that our gifts to each other for our anniversary (10 years :w00t:) were, he gave me the money and I paid the bills (giving him the confirmation numbers on a special piece of paper, lol).

I sympathize---given the last two weeks, I think he's getting (has gotten) new tires and an alignment on his car for his bday (Dec) and Yule, while I am getting (have gotten) new brakes all around on my car for my bday (Jan) and Yule. Whoo-hoo;)! Our 10th anniversary blowout was a bit of a step up in cost from yours, though. It consisted of Thai takeout eaten in the living room while watching a rented anime movie from Blockbuster after the kid was in bed. I don't foresee the 15th (this coming year) being vastly different:).

At this point, I will actually probably try to scrape enough money out of the food budget to get him a small iTunes gift certificate and a couple Playmobil figures for his stocking (I've given him Playmobil or Lego every year since before we started dating), maybe a new pair of argyle socks.

I'm sending him home to his Mum. :D

Seriously. He hasn't been back to the island for over a year ~ I'm getting him plane tickets and sending him east for a week and some. He works hard & long out here, so it's time for him to go chill for a bit. Not sure exactly when it'll be, sometime in Nov. likely - not right at Christmas, but it's an early Christmas present. :)

{yes, we're happily married LOL ~ the kids and I already had a visit back east this year..it's his turn!}

I sympathize---given the last two weeks, I think he's getting (has gotten) new tires and an alignment on his car for his bday (Dec) and Yule, while I am getting (have gotten) new brakes all around on my car for my bday (Jan) and Yule. Whoo-hoo;)! Our 10th anniversary blowout was a bit of a step up in cost from yours, though. It consisted of Thai takeout eaten in the living room while watching a rented anime movie from Blockbuster after the kid was in bed. I don't foresee the 15th (this coming year) being vastly different:).

At this point, I will actually probably try to scrape enough money out of the food budget to get him a small iTunes gift certificate and a couple Playmobil figures for his stocking (I've given him Playmobil or Lego every year since before we started dating), maybe a new pair of argyle socks.

We did go out to dinner, but it was with a group of friends and the owner of the restaraunt (another good friend) comped us enough free drinks with our dinner (cheap, but delicious), that we actually needed our designated driver (I almost put dd, but realized how badly THAT could go ;) ).

Y'know, 10 years is a great milestone... but thinking about it, it almost seems like we're celebrating not having gotten divorced which is not exactly a celebration... or maybe I'm just trying to make it easier to NOT celebrate :lol:

A shirt with a picture of a TV test pattern on it. DH saw it once and said how cool it was. So I filed that comment away in the back of my mind as an idea for an xmas gift. :D

I crocheted a TV test pattern blanket last year (with slightly off-standard colors)....it was supposed to be his Christmas present, but ended up taking much longer; ended up buying him the Jericho series on DVD...

DH loves his IPOD. DH's clock radio has been dysfunctional for years. I found a small clock radio that has an IPOD port - perfect! It will be the first time in several years that I have discovered a cool gift for him that he didn't discover and buy for himself first (or ask me to get).

Where did you find this??????? My dh NEEDS one! I bought him his IPod touch last year and he LOVED it! He was absolutely shocked too!

I was going to buy him a new set of steak knives and a bunch of nice steaks from Omaha Steaks. (This is a HUGE gift from me as I really prefer to eat vegan!) But, if I can find a port for his IPod that has a clock radio on it, I just may have to get that instead. I didn't even know something like that existed!! :lol:

our gift to each other is a new travel trailer... the gift of travel I guess? We're planning to take long trips so will need new kitchen things to go into the trailer, that's going to use all the Christmas fund up.

Well that's what we say NOW. I may change my mind by December if I see something I just have to buy for him.

We usually do a joint/household gift for DH & I. This year we're getting a dedicated computer to hook up to the TV to stream only the shows we want. And we're getting rid of the Satellite TV. Yay! A Christmas gift that will actually end up paying for itself in just a few months. :)

Cool idea!

What he wants is a Constructicon...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10963123

And yes that's probably what he'll get...Our first year together I got him Primus which is almost as big as this thing...Yes, he is a geek and loves his Transformers...:tongue_smilie:

LOVE IT! Both of my boys want this for christmas. My oldest has lived transformers since he was 4 yo. His wife will probably be buying them for his Christmas presents also!!