Menu

In ER with oldest son. 103.2 fever, progressively worse pain and symptoms.....

Remember, we had a confirmed swine flu in our one room school house last week.

He's asleep on the floor of the "flu symtpom" waiting area of the ER. It's got to be bad to sleep on the floor.

{{poor guy}}

@ 2:00 pm, we thought it was allergies since it was sneezing and runny nose and runny eyes. As the day has gone on, fever, chills, muscle pain.

Edited by Joanne

Oh no! I had the flu pretty bad when I was about 17 and I laid in the floor of the place I worked - a movie theatre! I was laying in popcorn butter and grease. I probably gave hundreds of people the flu that year by serving their popcorn because my boss wouldn't let me go home.

My thoughts and prayers are with your son. It sounds like he sure is having a quickly progressing case of it. I pray those doctors can get in there and really slow it down. Please update us when you can!

Flu confirmed. I'm at IHOP waiting for the nearest 24 Walgreens to fill our Tamiflu. They are packed; Rx in an hour.

I dropped son off at home with DH who promised to tuck him in. It's amazing how strong, soon-to-be-driving young men turn back into little kids when sick. Poor guy. He was more pale than I've ever seen him and his eyes were scary-red.

I cancelled school for tomorrow and I emailed my professor for Saturday's class. With a family of 5, it's likely another if not even me will be sick before class on Saturday. I have a 10 page exam due. Most of it is written - although not ready according to my standards. I don't want an extension, I just want to know if I can email it if necessary.

I'll call my dd's Rheumatologist and our PCP tomorrow.

Flu confirmed. I'm at IHOP waiting for the nearest 24 Walgreens to fill our Tamiflu. They are packed; Rx in an hour.

I dropped son off at home with DH who promised to tuck him in. It's amazing how strong, soon-to-be-driving young men turn back into little kids when sick. Poor guy. He was more pale than I've ever seen him and his eyes were scary-red.

I cancelled school for tomorrow and I emailed my professor for Saturday's class. With a family of 5, it's likely another if not even me will be sick before class on Saturday. I have a 10 page exam due. Most of it is written - although not ready according to my standards. I don't want an extension, I just want to know if I can email it if necessary.

H1N1 confirmed? I'm so sorry. That is terribe.

:grouphug: I pray you all weather the storm quickly. :grouphug:

It's not swine flu, but definitely flu. The poor guy is doing better but still gets tired, weak, winded and achey after even a minimum of effort. Texted me at work today to bring "lots of apple juice" and he declined fresh baked cinnamon rolls.

The fever is less dramatic and his color less concerning. He smells better, too. (My kids always smell funky to me when they are sick; I can often tell they are getting sick before symptoms due to "that smell".)

The ER staff told me it would be a good week before normal.

He has not taken any tamiflu because he can't eat enough to take it "safely". I was told it's very hard on the stomach.

It's not swine flu, but definitely flu.

Did they test and have it come back neg? Reason I ask is because I've been reading that most doctors right now are treating *all* flu as if it's H1N1 because that's the one that is mainly circulating out there and quite a few people have had their tests come back negative even when they did indeed have it.

Either way, I hope he gets well quickly! :)

It's not swine flu, but definitely flu. The poor guy is doing better but still gets tired, weak, winded and achey after even a minimum of effort. Texted me at work today to bring "lots of apple juice" and he declined fresh baked cinnamon rolls.

The fever is less dramatic and his color less concerning. He smells better, too. (My kids always smell funky to me when they are sick; I can often tell they are getting sick before symptoms due to "that smell".)

The ER staff told me it would be a good week before normal.

He has not taken any tamiflu because he can't eat enough to take it "safely". I was told it's very hard on the stomach.

Poor kid. :( Poor Joanne. :( :grouphug:

Did they test and have it come back neg? Reason I ask is because I've been reading that most doctors right now are treating *all* flu as if it's H1N1 because that's the one that is mainly circulating out there and quite a few people have had their tests come back negative even when they did indeed have it.

I was going to ask the same thing. Our ped just told us this week that there isn't any other flu going around right now, so that if you get the flu - you have H1N1.

:bigear:

Came back positive for "flu" but not H1N1.

They did say that they were treating all flu "the same, regardless".