Menu

Homeschooling Parents With Just High School or Less...

I'm curious as to how many parents we have here that have only a high school diploma or less.

I have my high school diploma (although I got it without my grade 12 math credit) but that's it. I spent many years feeling intellectually unworthy because I hadn't pursued higher learning but between homeschooling and my Education for Ministry course I think I've finally put that to rest.

I have a high school diploma only.

I started working full-time when I was 17.

I completed 30 credits toward an AA degree at the community college, but never finished.

Then I moved 4 hours away from home and met my hubby and then started having kids!

I've homeschooled for 15 years and my oldest just graduated last month.

There are times when I regret not having gone to college, or completed my degree, but....it hasn't really affected my ability to homeschool.

I've learned soooo much while homeschooling!! I've taught myself math through Precalculus (I only made it through Algebra I in high school) and I've even studied several years of Latin, along with my children!

I have learned along with my children, which is a great experience! :)

I spent many years feeling intellectually unworthy because I hadn't pursued higher learning.

That's pretty much where I am still.

I graduated high school. I wanted to pursue higher learning, but I just did not have that opportunity. I have almost enough credits to make me a college sophomore between AP credits (will those even still be good?) and some CC classes.

I'm starting to feel a bit better with homeschooling the girls and trying to self-ed on the side. But the lack of a college degree and all the assumptions that get attached to that lack really sting me. It's a work in progress for me to distinguish in my own mind the difference between intelligence, education, and schooling.

I've only got my grade 12 - by way of the GED, since I dropped out of high school. :)

(Ha, not even sure I can say that - I was 'registered' at the grade ten level at one point, but I rarely showed up and didn't earn any high school credits or anything...)

Nobody has really gone to college/uni in my family... well, there's a couple of cousins that did, but I don't really know them. Pretty much everyone went straight into the working world immediately after high school..some before that, dropping out.

Same deal on dh's side - he *did* go to college (2yr Accounting Tech program) but he's the only one in his family who has anything beyond grade twelve.

I graduated from HS, and went to a Medical Assisting school . That's it, no degree

My husband graduated from highschool, put himself into the Police academy at 17, became a cop at 18 and at 45 is a Lieutenant now.

He is the most intelligent man I know and has more job security than other people we know with high degrees who are getting laid off here and there!

I say go into medicine or lawenforcement because no matter how bad the economy there will always be sick people and criminal! LOL

Edited by Love2Smile

I was married, graduated high school, and gave birth to Yacko - in that order. No college here, although we tend to be naturally of the "learn something new every day" as a way of life type of people. One of these days I will go back to school; we've already explained to our kids that Mom & Dad are NOT going to pay for their college education. They can live at home during that time without paying rent/utilities, but they will be responsible for paying for that themselves. We will pay for MOM to go back to school first; after I get my degree we'll consider chipping in for more than application fees.

You should not base your success on a piece of paper!

True, but a college education is so much more than a piece of paper.

I don't feel inferior, by the way. I was commenting on the fact that Dawn said that she has put to rest her feelings of intellectual unworthiness. I should have quoted her instead of interpreting her words.

High school graduate here, no college. Granted a semester early, top 10% of class (although it was a large class, so that's not saying so much). I simply didn't like school and didn't want to work full time through college, which is what I would have had to do.

I don't feel like I've ever stopped learning, only none of it was in a classroom. I'm continuing with my self-ed and it is more focused now, based on where I want to be to teach ds.

I don't believe my lack of a college education has hindered my ability to teach my ds.

I only have a high school diploma. I did take some cc classes that I enjoyed. I loved high school and got excellent grades and wanted to go to college, but my dad wouldn't let me. He wouldn't let me take the SAT's, he wouldn't help me try to get financial aid (he said it wasn't anyone's business how much money he made), he didn't look into options for me or help me find a path to take. I graduated at age 17. I didn't have a driver's license (can you guess why?). Since my dad didn't make any initiative to help me start my life, I moved 3 hours away to a much larger city. I took the bus to my job and took some classes at the cc. I started working at a bank (actually a S&L, remember those?) and began building a life for myself. My lack of a college education hasn't made me feel like I can't teach my own children. I love to learn. I often joke that I should get a second diploma after all I've learned teaching my kids. I should also add that my family doesn't have any college graduates either. It just isn't expected or talked about really. The whole thing seems rather mysterious to me. My husband went to university. He quit with only a few classes needed to get his degree, but we got pregnant with our first and we realized we couldn't afford the year of student teaching anyway, so he quit. My oldest daughter doesn't want to go to college, but my younger one does.

On paper, I have only a high school diploma. I've 3 classes shy of a BS, but no one cares about that, only what I have on paper or not. It's really frustrating at times, but it has only emphasized to me that letters after your name don't really tell the whole story. Well, that, and my in-laws, who have "Ph.D" and "Ed.D" after their names, but... you get the idea. ;)

I have 12 credits of college to my name. I've thought that I might return to college about the time my oldest two go....hoping to test out of classes or test for credit along with them.

I don't regret dropping out of college. I do wish I had something to fall back on should something happen that forces me back into the work world.

I earned my college degree after I turned 30 so I know how people judge those without it. I never doubted my ability but what made me choose to get it was that I saw people at work being promoted based only on having that degree while I was passed up with way more experience. It really seemed unfair when I was also expected to train the college person to do the job I didn't get promoted to. I also went for the degree because the Feds & State paid for it since I was a govt employee at the time...free tuition was a real motivator. :)

Honestly, the main thing a degree changed for me was that it helped me compete with those that had one in the work environment. It also proved to certain people in my family that I could do it . I was proud that I did it but it hasn't really made much difference in my homeschooling because we all learn as we go. I feel my real education began with homeschooling. ;)

Edited by 2cents

I spent many years feeling intellectually unworthy because I hadn't pursued higher learning but between homeschooling and my Education for Ministry course I think I've finally put that to rest.

Don't feel ignorant and alone, you're not. My public education AND my Bachelor's degree left me feeling intellectually unworthy (granted, my degree is in Interior Design, but there were two years of general requirements I had to take). It's the result of our dumbed down schools.

I've learned more in the last two years through self-education than I learned in 17 years of public school and college. No joke.

I had my first when I was 17, graduated a year early, married, completed one semester of cc, became pregnant with my special needs baby and never looked back. I think I may suffer from an over-confident spirit, because I rarely feel any lack of confidence in my intellect. Lol. I've always felt like a intelligent and capable person, with or without any college. I do plan on going back, but not until my kids are either graduated or enrolled in hs. My lifelong dream is to be an RN. I think what gets me by is that, like most of the ladies and gentlemen here, I am a lifelong learner.

No sheepskin here. I completed 10th and went for half of 11th and left. I went back my senior year, took 6 classes during the day and went to night school 2 nights a week trying to graduate on time. On top of that I worked in the afternoons. Let's just say I set myself up for burn out and dropped out again. What can I say, I found it boring; and it was one of the best schools in the country at that time. Finally took my GED at 30.

Except for those close to me, no one ever knew that I hadn't graduated. It never held me back from getting a decent job, in fact when dh and I got married 18 yrs ago I was actually making more money than him and he has two degrees. I suppose the main reason it never held me back was, at that time, it wasn't uncommon for women to not go to college. The only time I ever remember feeling inferior due to not having graduated was when I was working at the international HQ for Northrop Corp.

I don't believe my lack of having a diploma (whether high school or college) has lessened my abilities to teach my dss. If anything, I think it has made me a better teacher because I appreciate just how valuable having an education is. Have there been times that I'm concerned with my ability to teach certain subjects, higher math for instance, sure. But that's where my mathy dh comes in or we outsource. To me, in this regard, it wouldn't be any different if dss were in school. They would still have to seek help from their dad.

It's funny though, I remember hearing about Calvert or some other program when I was in elementary school and thinking how interesting it sounded. I definitely would have been a good candidate for homeschooling and my mom would have been a great teacher.

I only finished high school. I never planned on going to college, nor do I ever plan on it. My life-long dream has always been to be a wife and a mother and that's what God has so richly blessed me with. In fact, my motto is that I'm "living my dream".

I got married at 16, graduated a year early at 17, and had my first child 10 days shy of my 18th birthday. I got married after my junior year and halfway through my senior year we decided to get pregnant with our first. I had him 2.5 months after graduation. (I then had 3 more before my 21st birthday :)).

I have never felt intellectually inferior - I have never really self-confidence issues either. I grew up with my parents and family telling me that I could do anything that I wanted...and I wanted to be just like my mom!

Here is something that might blow your wig off, but please no bashing...it's simply a belief that my husband and I have always held: Girls and college really don't mix. If our daughters want to pursue college, we would want them to do it as distance learning. We have never told them they can't go to college, but it's our wish that they not. We don't believe in women working outside of the home, so that's where that comes from. We really would prefer that our son (our oldest), if he pursues a college education, do it through distance learning, also.

My husband, btw, has a master's degree in Biology...he says all the time that I'm smarter than him - but I certainly don't think so! haha

I think being smart has less to do with education and more to do with a love of learning. I LOVE to learn - I read anything and everything I see. So, I am well-versed in many things even though I've never been to college.

Also, I've learned a tremendous amount since having children - anything that they study, I study deeper. History, math, and literature are three things I can't get enough of! :tongue_smilie:

Highschool only. Did take 4 classes at cc a couple of years ago.

Like another poster said, my parents didn't really help with the whole idea of college, so I let the opportunity pass me by. They said, "We'll either help you with college, or buy you a car." Uh...I was 16. I went with the car.

I hated school and was picked on a lot. The idea of 4 more years of being picked on and being stuck living at home seemed unendurable. So, I got a job and got married at 19 and started my own life. I worked my way up in the company and everything was nice, but then I quit to raise my kids.

The only reason I would like a degree now is that if I have to go find work again I'll have to start at the bottom since I don't have a degree proving that I am smart.

I don't feel bad about myself for not having a degree, but I'm also a voracious reader and something about me makes people think I'm smart so they always assume I have the college education and are surprised when they find out I don't.

I just don't bring it up in conversation a lot because I feel uncomfortable explaining why I don't have a degree. It is one of my biggest regrets in life because it's just so difficult to get an education once you have real responsibilities (husband, job, kids) vs when you're living at home with parents still taking care of you.

Here is something that might blow your wig off, but please no bashing...it's simply a belief that my husband and I have always held: Girls and college really don't mix. If our daughters want to pursue college, we would want them to do it as distance learning. We have never told them they can't go to college, but it's our wish that they not. We don't believe in women working outside of the home, so that's where that comes from. We really would prefer that our son (our oldest), if he pursues a college education, do it through distance learning, also.

I call troll. First on the other thread posting about how Catholics are not Christians and now here posting that girls shouldn't go to college. What's next? Hmmmm...a vaccination thread? :lol:

:

So, with this belief, should your girls not marry right away, would they continue to live at home with you paying for their expenses??

And, if your girls have husbands that lose their jobs, you'd be prepared for them to move in with you?

Or, if their husbands became disabled or died, you'd take care of them?

If so, I think that's a great plan.

My dad always expected me to finish college (college, you mean you finish that?? I just thought you dropped out and finished Paying for it!) But, he always told me that if something happened, I could move back into their house...rather than have to go back to work with kids.

Carrie

I call troll. First on the other thread posting about how Catholics are not Christians and now here posting that girls shouldn't go to college. What's next? Hmmmm...a vaccination thread? :lol:

You're funny:-) I must be bored...I'm looking at this too, but I have nothing to add about vaccination.

BTW, did you know that there are Baptists that aren't Christians? I really think Heaven will be interesting, if we remember our discussions from here. Christian isn't your denomination...it's if you're a "Christ follower".

And college, well...I wish I had finished...we could use some extra money right now...and I really have no serious $$$ options.

Carrie

So, with this belief, should your girls not marry right away, would they continue to live at home with you paying for their expenses??

We have no problem with our daughters having part-time jobs as young adults (like while going to school) - such as baby-sitting or such. I think it helps to build character. Until our daughters marry they are more than welcome to live in our home - they are, after all, our daughters.

And, if your girls have husbands that lose their jobs, you'd be prepared for them to move in with you?

Oh, absolutely. That is what family is all about. We would support our children in anything, help them get back on their feet, etc. However, that is one requirement we have of our son and of future son-in-laws...that they are able to be the priest, protector, and provider for their family. We personally have been through some lean times, but we've never been hungry or without a roof over our heads. God always provides.

Or, if their husbands became disabled or died, you'd take care of them?

We would do all that we could for them, however, we believe it's the church's responsibility to care for widows and orphans - this is a Biblical commandment. We know that our church would support her - as well we would - until God moved her into different circumstances. If her husband became disabled, we would stand beside them completely and do whatever was necessary. Again, God always provides.

If so, I think that's a great plan.

Again, we don't think college is evil and we've never told our daughters they couldn't go. That will certainly be their choice when they are older. However, it's not what we wish for our girls. We will stand behind them 100% whatever they choose or decide - because I know that they will choose whatever God is leading them to do. Please hear me on this, I am not putting down anyone's daughter who goes to school - each individual has to make that choice. However, if we got to choose (which we don't :)), we'd choose for our girls to forego college.

I think there can be a lot of fear in the thought that one wouldn't be able to support oneself without college. Nothing could be further than the truth. Growing up my mom never worked, my dad only finished high school, and we had an amazing childhood - I mean, really, I grew up with the Cleaver's basically...haha. My dad is a police officer and is an amazing man, I admire him greatly.

I haven't worked outside the home and I am married to an amazing man that is all three of the things we require for a son or sil. I have never had once ounce of fear or trepidation - I know that no matter what comes I'll be taken care of.

Completely off the subject but could someone kindly explain what "calling troll" is? I laughed out loud when I first read this expression. I can't for the life of me imagine what it means.

I have only a high school diploma.

Did your feelings of inferiority fade over time, or did you do something specific that has made you feel more worthy of your position in life?

It's been fading for some time but I've had a few funny moments lately when I've found myself in the middle of demanding conversations, online and IRL, with people who have at least a half dozen years of university. Only afterwards did I realize that I hadn't felt anything but completely comfortable in those discussions.

I figure that if you reach a point where you're pointing out the roots of Platonic thought in the ideas of Pythagoras to a guy with a Master's degree then you've got to give up the ghost of inferiority. :D

:confused: I am so grateful my MIL(Mother-in-law) did not share that perspective. Her goal was to be a wife and mother too. However when her dh suddenly died at age 32 leaving her with 5 children, including a two month old baby, she had to do something. My dh was 9, btw. She chose to pull herself up and put herself through nursing school and enjoyed a wonderful career in nursing administration.

I was married for one year when I discovered I had cancer. Thankfully I worked full time and had insurance, my dh is self-employed and couldn't afford it through his outlets.Two of my bosses at the job were women with college degrees. My doctor who discovered the cancer in its very early stages was a woman. My MIL called and pulled some strings to get an out of HMO 2nd opinion from a lovely oncologist, who was a woman. She recommended a differenent course of treatment than my original HMO. Without that recommended change in tx I would have never been able to have my son and I would have many more complications from radiation on my abdominal area. My radiation therapists that I saw everyday for 6 weeks were both women.

Four years later when I discovered I was pregnant our doctor was a woman. I ended up having to have a c-section due to scar tissue from my previous surgery.

So without college educated women in my life I 1. wouldn't have my son and 2. might be dead because I only went to the doctor because I had a job with insurance and I had one minor complaint, an inflamed lymph node in my neck. I truly believe my doctor's intuition (might I say female intuition) made her do extra tests to determine it was cancer so early on.

This is America and you are welcome to whatever belief you want, but I, for one, am quite glad there are plenty of women who choose to work outside of the home. My life, literally, has depended on it.

:confused: I am so grateful my MIL(Mother-in-law) did not share that perspective. Her goal was to be a wife and mother too. However when her dh suddenly died at age 32 leaving her with 5 children, including a two month old baby, she had to do something. My dh was 9, btw. She chose to pull herself up and put herself through nursing school and enjoyed a wonderful career in nursing administration.

I was married for one year when I discovered I had cancer. Thankfully I worked full time and had insurance, my dh is self-employed and couldn't afford it through his outlets.Two of my bosses at the job were women with college degrees. My doctor who discovered the cancer in its very early stages was a woman. My MIL called and pulled some strings to get an out of HMO 2nd opinion from a lovely oncologist, who was a woman. She recommended a differenent course of treatment than my original HMO. Without that recommended change in tx I would have never been able to have my son and I would have many more complications from radiation on my abdominal area. My radiation therapists that I saw everyday for 6 weeks were both women.

Four years later when I discovered I was pregnant our doctor was a woman. I ended up having to have a c-section due to scar tissue from my previous surgery.

So without college educated women in my life I 1. wouldn't have my son and 2. might be dead because I only went to the doctor because I had a job with insurance and I had one minor complaint, an inflamed lymph node in my neck. I truly believe my doctor's intuition (might I say female intuition) made her do extra tests to determine it was cancer so early on.

This is America and you are welcome to whatever belief you want, but I, for one, am quite glad there are plenty of women who choose to work outside of the home. My life, literally, has depended on it.

Well, I'm glad that you and Professor Z are both here, EL.

:grouphug:

I graduated from high school...

And college...

And graduate school...

And I STILL don't feel like "all that schooling" really taught me much of anything, except perhaps for how to write research papers. My husband disagrees, and says I know more than I think I do and "all that schooling" shaped me in ways I can't even see. But, honestly, sometimes I feel like so many of those years and so much of that effort (and $) could have been better spent in being TUTORED or MENTORED -- or just READING -- rather than being enrolled in a degree program. At the time, I was single and scratching out a living, so the idea was "this counts towards a career." IMO, most high schools, colleges, and graduate schools are market-driven -- they sell products (credits, degrees) that people want to purchase for the sake of earning potential. At least in theory, investing in a Bachelor's degree/Master's degree will pay back monetarily over a person's years of employment. The focus of most of these institutions is not really on "being educated," it's on what sells.

I was out in the garage the other day, looking through stacks of my old college and grad school text books -- ah, the fond memories of Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences :glare: -- and I thought, "What a waste of time it all was!" It was a waste, in some ways. But it wasn't, in other ways.

You live the life that unfolds for you, and choose from a certain range of choices. I don't think we truly have unlimited options. For me, school was something to do to break up the monotony of work -- I wanted to be married, dang-it! My husband FINALLY came along when I was 36, the girls at 38 and 40. Whew!

You know the women I envy? The lucky ones, who met their Sweethearts at 18, got married at 20, and had all their children by 30. It's a long wait for some of us, and school fills in. If you find love "early," you're blessed. My mother is in her 70's and says that learning goes on forever.

You know the women I envy? The lucky ones, who met their Sweethearts at 18, got married at 20, and had all their children by 30. It's a long wait for some of us, and school fills in. If you find love "early," you're blessed. My mother is in her 70's and says that learning goes on forever.

I had never thought of it that way - thanks for a new perspective!

Amen, Paula! (from a woman who was raised solely by women who worked in refineries and who became a nurse herself!)

We don't believe in women working outside of the home, so that's where that comes from.

Now, I'm very curious and not at all trying to be inflamatory. Is this regardless of whether they have children? Hypothetically, what about a couple who waits until later in life to have children? Do you feel the wife should stay home to care for the husband?

I, too, feel that mothers should be home to raise their children, but also see value in having an education to fall back on if, God forbid, something happens to the bread winner. I guess that's either the fireman's wife or the ex-feminist in me.

I'm curious as to how many parents we have here that have only a high school diploma or less.

I have my high school diploma (although I got it without my grade 12 math credit) but that's it. I spent many years feeling intellectually unworthy because I hadn't pursued higher learning but between homeschooling and my Education for Ministry course I think I've finally put that to rest.

Highschool diploma, National merit scholar, had funding to go to a 4 year Bible college lined up but I was sick, sick, sick of school and took a year off. By the end of the year I was married. At one point I took some community college with an eye toward becoming a teacher, but life happened and I didn't get very far. 26 years later I have NO regrets. Some day if I can manage it I may go back to school because I'm very interested in becoming an adoption worker, but we'll see. :)

I, too, feel that mothers should be home to raise their children...

Me too. Liberal and feminist that I am in so many ways, I think that's a best case scenario.

But there's a huge gulf between saying that and saying women should not work outside the home. I think one statement can enrich a family, the other could potentially isolate and impoverish it.

:grouphug: I'm glad you had all those educated women in your life. :grouphug:

Completely off the subject but could someone kindly explain what "calling troll" is? I laughed out loud when I first read this expression. I can't for the life of me imagine what it means.

A troll is someone that "trolls" the internet, looking for places to put mean and spiteful comments in the hope of causing strife in online communities.

Some of your posts wherein you mention your beliefs, come across as mean spirited and trollish. You seem intent upon causing arguments and strife. I've read your apologies and I think you may just lack tact and, perhaps, need to practice writing things in such a way as to not cause such upheaval. In other words, think before you type. Try to see other points of view before you click submit reply. Finally, if you were one of the people you casually mention, Catholic for instance, ask yourself how YOU would feel being referred to in such a way.

I am thankful for all those wonderful working women, and glad to have you and your insight around.

:grouphug: I am glad that you had college educated people to help you through that time. Even though I chose to be home for my children, I don't believe my college education is a waste. After all, it is how I met my dh. He is an education snob. He wouldn't have dated me if I didn't have a degree.

No matter how smart I feel, I still want to reach the accomplishment of a degree. I have learned much on my way, but here I am at almost 38 thinking that before I die, I still want the paper! And, I have 3 girls and a son. I want my children to reach high for some type of higher education, maybe they'll choose not to, but it's my desire. And, should they need to support their family...I would only want them to move back to our house out of their choice and not need.

Even the Mennonites from Dutch Country,the very conservative ones....expect their women in need to TRY to help support themselves through in home work or something..... I stayed in a community when I was 18 and saw how it worked with a woman who had children and was single. They were compassionate, but she did work...besides taking care of her family and house. (I can't remember what kind)

Anyway, someday I'd like to work in a Classical School. (At least that's what I see right now:-)

Carrie

A troll is someone that "trolls" the internet, looking for places to put mean and spiteful comments in the hope of causing strife in online communities.

Some of your posts wherein you mention your beliefs, come across as mean spirited and trollish. You seem intent upon causing arguments and strife. I've read your apologies and I think you may just lack tact and, perhaps, need to practice writing things in such a way as to not cause such upheaval. In other words, think before you type. Try to see other points of view before you click submit reply. Finally, if you were one of the people you casually mention, Catholic for instance, ask yourself how YOU would feel being referred to in such a way.

Yes. I said that because you had only 18 posts at the time and you had managed to get involved in *3* controversial topics and you were causing the controversey in 2 of them. As someone new to a forum, that seems a strange way to get involved (and mimics troll behavior.)

So, if you are not a troll, are you a classical educator (not a requirement, just curious?) What brought you here?

I don't believe a college background is necessary in order to successfully homeschool children.

There are far more valuable assets such as patience, love of learning, adaptability, and a good sense of humor. At least those applied for me, someone else would probably have a different list.

I did complete college and I loved it. I don't know if it came in useful or not since my whole life has been about reading and learning, it is hard to separate out those years and say which life experience mattered the most.

There has only been one facet of homeschooling where I fell back on my college experience and that was in helping my DD apply to colleges for this fall. I understood the process and the 'education and financial aid' vocabulary. I felt confident acting as her high school counselor. But I am certain we could have found another way to work it out. There is lots of information out there to help.

Yes. I said that because you had only 18 posts at the time and you had managed to get involved in *3* controversial topics and you were causing the controversey in 2 of them. As someone new to a forum, that seems a strange way to get involved (and mimics troll behavior.)

So, if you are not a troll, are you a classical educator (not a requirement, just curious?) What brought you here?

Maybe she's really deeply considering how to respond.

I haven't got the slightest interest in attending any college/university.

Notice that I didn't say that I don't have an interest in learning... ;)

As for the comments about woman and higher education, working outside the home, and so forth -- I doubt the person is trolling based solely on that. I participate on another board where there are *many* people who feel the same way. I even tend toward that myself, somewhat... I would never tell anyone else what they ought to be doing though ~ and that includes our dd12. If she chooses to go off to university and become _whatevershewants_, I will love her and support her. If she chooses to become a homemaker, wife, and mother, I will love her and support her. If she chooses a blend of those (as many do), I will love her and support her. On the chance that I haven't repeated myself enough ~ I will love her and support her *whichever way she chooses to go. :)

*Okay, if she decides that her goal in life is to rob more banks than John Dillinger or beat random strangers on the street with a grumpy flamingo, we're gonna have some mother-daughter conflict. :sneaky2:

*Okay, if she decides that her goal in life is to rob more banks than John Dillinger or beat random strangers on the street with a grumpy flamingo, we're gonna have some mother-daughter conflict. :sneaky2:

I've always wondered, when other people say that (love and support etc). In my head I always add exceptions... (serial killer/rapist, drug dealer, prostitute, porn star, stripper, heartless investment capitalist that destroys lives, etc.)

Oh, and btw, it was not just THIS thread that got her into troll trouble.