Menu

I do NOT deserve this...

We got pics this morning of our new home in Malaysia. It is a 1600 sq ft. condo with 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and amazing ocean views from the living room and master bedroom (attached). The bedroom pic was taken at sunset so it is kind of hard to see the ocean...but wow....I really don't know how I got this lucky. :D

Oh. my. word. Incredible, absolutely. Heather, I am so very excited for you!!

Wow, that is awesome! I'm so happy for you! I hope this a great experience for you and your family. Will you have internet access so you can tell us how things are going?

Yes. We will have internet access (and they bought me a new laptop). We have signed up for Skype to stay in touch with family and I just started a blog: http://www.fischerfamilyadventures.blogspot.com

I will still be here on the boards too!

Yes. It comes with a living room set, dining room set, and 3 bedroom sets. We bring our own linens, dishes, and what-not (which they pay to ship).

Excellent!

When we moved overseas, we stored all our furniture and stuff for the duration. I packed a bunch of boxes with books, a few kitchen items (my cast iron skillet :D) and some decor things. One thing I didn't think of and we really missed having was our Christmas stockings. Holidays in a foreign land are odd. Bring a few small things that bring 'home' with you.

Enjoy your adventure. The house looks awesome!

We got pics this morning of our new home in Malaysia. It is a 1600 sq ft. condo with 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and amazing ocean views from the living room and master bedroom (attached). The bedroom pic was taken at sunset so it is kind of hard to see the ocean...but wow....I really don't know how I got this lucky. :D

Wow Heather!! It's so beautiful!! I"m so very happy for you. It puts me in mind of that verse, "he (or she ;) ) who is faithful in the little things will be put in charge of much" God bless you. I'm SO EXCITED for your new adventure in your life. :grouphug:

Heather, I went through the link you put up which explains why you're going and what you're doing.

One thing mentioned was about the "tummy thing". I know that a friend from church gave us some charcoal to take along with us when we went (only for 2 1/2 weeks) to Fiji on a mission trip. It ended up being a great help! Charcoal is a natural product and works great at pulling out the stuff and keeping you from "running"! ;)

BTW, I'll take that 5th grade position! I'd LOVE that! My dd's more of a homebody, but my ds15 and I would be in HEAVEN to have that opportunity! :D

I once had a friend from Malaysia, who went to the local university. She told me the sky looks amazing and different at night. So be sure to tell us about star gazing! Also please be informed about monsoon season. Satay is realy good, see if you can get some authenic with the peanut dipping sauce. Natives eat with their hands. I knew her years ago, so I don't remember a lot. There is a huge Chinese, and Indian population in Malaysia so be sure to eat some yummy food. Oh the mariage police, if a man and woman spend the night together, the marriage police will come and force them to marry? I am not sure if they still do that. I am so happy for you.