Menu

What's for dinner?

chocolatechip

Pork stir fry featuring all the bits of vegetables left in the crisper.

This is usually a winter dish for us and I hadn't realized how long it had been since we had it until ds literally got teary he was so happy I had made it.  Seriously.

You don't want inspiration from me (or maybe you do)----we got takeout from California Tortilla :lol:

Dh is out of town for a conference. The girls and I went to the library and then got out takeout. We are now reading books while enjoying out full tummies :D

We'll be having this yummy Taste of Home roast beef recipe, along with potatoes and a salad. I don't make it often but today I was standing along with everyone else in the meat aisle wrestling over what to buy because everything seemed so expensive. Rump roast was the same price per pound as ground round so I went with it.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mom-s-roast-beef

We scavenged here too.  First there was the soccer game that went into overtime...

Then the boys had youth group, so grabbed "whatever" and took off prior to seeing the end.

Then hubby had a township meeting, so we paused the overtime, looked around, spied canned food (ravioli in this case), heated it up, and in less than 5 minutes, were back watching the game.

So... tomorrow we might do a real supper - emphasis on "might" as we're toying with taking the boys out for a "last" restaurant meal together of their choice.  Youngest leaves for AZ on Sat.  While he's gone middle will leave for the Ivory Coast.  When he's back we've got just two days before we leave on our "drop youngest off at college trip."  Last night I made chipped beef and gravy & garden peas on the side (a sentimental home meal everyone loves).  Tomorrow it will either be another sentimental home choice or a sentimental restaurant choice.

For tonight, the game was more important to be honest.

A little pot of icelandic style skyr and several absolutely perfect walnut halves, fresh and 'meaty'. Probably not particularly helpful to your dilemma but that's what's on the menu tonight for moi. Dh and ds are at a lesson and will have a later meal. I haven't decided what but likely shrimp with sauteed vegetables.

Turkey pot pie, made from leftover turkey meat (when I make a bird and get sick of eating it, I pick the meat and freeze it for pot pie later on) and frozen pie crusts. 

Luckily, ds 15 is cooking.  Last time he made pot pie, I was explaining to him how to make rouix in the pan and he interrupted me and said, "Mom (in exasperated tone)! I know how to make a rouix, geez."  :lol:

Where I live ground meats and roasts have been close to the same price for a long time.  Never thought I'd live to see ground beef become a luxury meat.  :closedeyes:

We'll be having this yummy Taste of Home roast beef recipe, along with potatoes and a salad. I don't make it often but today I was standing along with everyone else in the meat aisle wrestling over what to buy because everything seemed so expensive. Rump roast was the same price per pound as ground round so I went with it.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mom-s-roast-beef