Menu

what 3 things are you especially thankful for today?

(y'know, things other than the usual of work, shelter, food, etc.)

Mine are:

1. Electronic tax filing. So much easier and faster than the old way.

2. The newness of Chutes and Ladders to a newly turned 5yo boy.

3. New windows coming with the offer of the hope of lower utility bills.

what makes *you* thankful today?

1. That we're *mostly* over the flu.

2. That my mom is coming over tonight and taking us all out to dinner, then staying all weekend to play board games and just 'hang out'.

3. That the Drs. finally found out what is wrong with my wonderful Dh, and it is easily fixable with a simple surgery.

1. My ds is growing to be a fine young man.

2. That my dh's hard work gives me the luxury of being able to stay home and homeschool our ds.

3. That I have rediscoverd reading for my own pleasure. On this note I just finished $64 Tomato and it was so funny I am now reading parts of it out loud to the family after dinner.

1. That it didn't snow as much as they thought it would over night.

2. My MIL lives close by

3. My children are goign there for the day (because of #1 & #2 :D)

On a more serious note....

1. DH is a WONDERFUL husband, father & provider

2. My church family is full of homeschool families; there are 3 elementary co-ops and 3 high school co-ops within spitting distance

3. My 2 beautiful daughters.

• my son is getting over the flu
  • God's grace, we had a shining of that yesterday (too personal to share)
  • my dog, who somehow hears me when I get up in the middle of the night. I got up at 3:30am to do some work on the computer, she whined to get out of her room and was so excited to see me. It made me feel good. :D

1. Health-yesterday I was so sick that is it great to feel among the world of the living again.

2. My family (both my parents and sibling's family and in-law's and dh's sister's family) all live close to us and I love them all so much!!

3. that I can stay in my jammies all day today (I'm still recovering)

1. My dh and 4 wonderful kids. We have been just so blessed in our marriage.

2 That I can see my son, who turned 15 yesterday, as a diamond in the rough. I've been getting glimpses of him turning into a young man, making some mature decisions and starting to set goals.

3. That my family is healthy, dh lost a co-worker this week in just 4 short months of being diagnosed with lukemia.

1. Dh will just do whatever is needed for me -- he's great that way

2. Our kids can really step up to the plate and it just warms my heart that I get to spend the kind of time with them that I do. THey are great.

3. Lab reports, while not ideal, could have been a whole lot worse. So that is good, even though not perfect, I am thankful for that.

1. Thankful DH and "The Viking" (Norwegian former exhange student) will both be home tonight.

2. We took today as a spring break day--kids are outside playing tennis, basketball, and riding their RipStiks. They are getting along today! YEAH!!!

3. House is messy--but no longer nasty and gross. We're making headway :)

OK, tough week, I NEED to do this. . . . .

1. Thankful for the kids program my older 3 dc are at tonight - Mission Minded Kids Club (kinda like Awana on steroids - in a good way)

2. Thankful our friends are loaning us a car this weekend - we're down to one, and it's filled with timpani and xylophones (but not bassoons :D)

3. Thankful that I have seen the Lord move powerfully in our lives this week, through unexpected gifts, unexpected job interviews, and the resurrection of a proposal we thought was dead.

1. That I live so close to my parents. Even though I am at the moment sort of overwhelmed by the reality of having a father with Alzheimer's and a mother who needs my daily help, it's a great privilege and blessing to be right here to help the people I love.

2. That my husband earns sufficient income to not work for pay so that I can spend this time with my children.

3. That my MIL is moving here next month!