Menu

Who currently lives in TX?

LOL! Tx is pretty big. Even DFW can be killer from one end to the other.

Are you from here? How long have you been here?

I'm in FW & grew up here in Tx, mostly in DFW, but I spent a few yrs in Houston as a kid.

Oh, & there's no group that we all belong to (um, that I know of!). We've met for coffee & a park day like twice in the past couple of yrs, though.

I'm in North Richland Hills, so just a bit north and west of Fort Worth. I'm not a formal part of any groups. I do tag along with various groups for things like attending an orchestra concert or children's theater production. I'm on an email loop for my area. I know of several groups if I wanted to add more things into our week, which at this point I don't. But it's nice to know where they are. If I'm near you let me me know and I can send you links. We have several homeschooling friends from church that we get together with for just playing and hanging out. We also a part of a Christian Arts program in Fort Worth where my children take violin, ballet, music, drama, etc. on Mondays.

Jami

I'm south of DFW --in Ellis County, just about a quarter mile outside the Dallas County Line ;)

We do drama and classes w/ a couple groups, and are involved in Scouts and TKD. There's a DFW WTM yahoogroup, but I spend more time here :D

There ARE a *ton* of groups, esp in the north dallas area, so it's pretty easy to find several you might like.

LOL! Tx is pretty big. Even DFW can be killer from one end to the other.

Are you from here? How long have you been here?

I've been in TX 17 yrs now (how did THAT happen?). Lubbock, Austin, and Plano area. The last decade has been spent in Plano-McKinney.

Maybe it's the ease in which we're allowed to hs in TX that so many families are from here.

Thanks for the replies!

Well, I'm right by you (McKinney). I'm a member of Frisco HIS. It's pretty large group (close to 300 families) but a lot of fun. There are a lot, I mean a lot, of field trip activities planned - both fun and educational. Weekly park days, etc. But, it is first and foremost a support group for homeschooling moms. Let me know if you'd like any other info.

roughly at the intersection of I-20 and highway 360, so quite a ways from you. For years we have been part of a large group of southern Dallas county homeschoolers with a thriving academic co-op. We moved, and this last year we've been totally on our own, as there was nothing compelling enough to make us get out and drive that far.

We are probably one of the more senior of the WTM DFW families, as my youngest is going to be an eighth grader next year. We need to plug in with the small local hsing group and see if there is anyone we connect with...most of my kids' friends are 20 minutes (at least) away. Sigh!

We are in Flower Mound, but I love to go shopping near you. There are some great hs groups up near you. Are you having trouble finding a group near you?

DFW ladies - next Thursday is homeschool day at the Fort Worth Zoo. It is suppose to be sunny and 63 degrees.

I am in Texas, Im inbetween Ft Worth and Wichtafalls tx

hour to each :)

My parents still live in Wichita Falls and my sister lives in Rhome. I also lived and taught school in Nocona for a year. I've probably driven through your town (if it's the one I'm thinking of) lots of times.

Well, I'm right by you (McKinney). I'm a member of Frisco HIS. It's pretty large group (close to 300 families) but a lot of fun. There are a lot, I mean a lot, of field trip activities planned - both fun and educational. Weekly park days, etc. But, it is first and foremost a support group for homeschooling moms. Let me know if you'd like any other info.

Amy, thanks for the link! I'm interested, but appears as though it needs to be next school year. Weeknights are verboten until DH finishes his MBA in May--too many sports and not enough parents!

Could you email with park info and we'd love to meet the families this spring.

I'm in Duncanville, just south of Dallas. We are about a 20 min. drive from downtown Dallas.

Susan in TX

Hey...I also live in Duncanville! We are currently participating in a COOP in Red Oak and soon one in Ellis county, south of here.

Susan, how old are your kids? I have a DS7 and DD5.5

Guest Dr. Laura

I'm coming late to this party, but I hail from West Houston (Copperfield area). I have a sister in FW who is beginning homeschooling next year. I am trying like crazy to talk her into classical, but she is more of an "unschooling" bent...

actually, I'm thinking there needs to be a Central Texas get-together:D

Hey --what about a get together at the CHEACT convention? That's in June, right? I was planning on going to FEAST in May, and CHEACT in June. Teacher Training seminars, hee hee....;)

or something while I'm enroute to FEAST? that Thurs afternoon or sun afternoon? I'll be driving right by Ellie's house anyway, lol. i like Rudy's :D