Menu

How often do you talk on the phone with Your closest friend?

Well, my closest friend (besides dh) is my mom and we talk almost everyday on the phone (she doesn't live close to me, so we often spend 1/2 hour to an hour talking). I have a couple other good friends who live in the same town, but we rarely talk on the phone.

My closest friend moved to Australia last September. Before she moved we saw each other at least twice a week and spoke on the phone a few times a week - usually short conversations. Now we Skype weekly. The Skype conversations last at least half and hour or longer. I miss seeing her in person.

I am very close to my sister who lives in Ireland and we message or Skype daily. It's usually text though.

My best friend - about once or twice a year. We mostly email. She lives 2100 miles away, and since we both really have spent the last 9 years with the phone glued to our ears for work (we are both recruiters), we both would rather email.

My other closest friend only lives about 15 miles away. We used to talk about 4 or 5 times a week, but not it is mostly email. The rest of my friends I see in person once or twice a month and sometimes talk through FaceBook chat here and there. The rest is all through email.

As I have gotten older, the less I like to talk on the phone haha.

I don't talk to my closest peeps on the phone much at all. With one, we leave each other Facebook messages back and forth. The other we can't seem to convince of the importance of Facebook, so we text on our phones instead.

I Facebook and or text with the two of them probably an average of twice per day, more if there is something important going on.

I have 3 super close friends. One I talk to 3-4 times a week. The other 2 about once a week, but sometimes it stretches to 2 weeks. What it comes down to is time zones and work schedules. The one I talk to most often lives in the same time zone as I do and so it's easier to be able to talk at the same time. She also has more alone time than the other 2 because she is a working mom that works odd schedules and sends her kids to school. She often has time to talk in the middle of the school day. My other 2 friends are both home schoolers who work at night and we have a 3 hour time difference. It's a lot harder to catch them on the phone. We do a lot of phone tag. I'm equally close with all 3. Geographically, even my closest friend is 7 hours away. I do have local friends, but I don't talk on the phone with any of them.

Edited by Shannon831

Specialmama and I talk pretty much every day, sometimes a cpl of times a day. Sometimes its to ask a hsing question since our dds are only months apart in age, other times its just to chat.

Speaking of which, she hasn't called today...wonder if she's alive...:tongue_smilie:

My local, homeschooling best buddies: 2-3 times a week if we have questions, big news, or immediate info stuff. We also get together with our kids once a week too for a couple of hours.

My local, non-homeschooling best buddies: only as needed, but we get together once a week for doughnuts and kabitzing

My faraway best buddy: once every week or so, for a half to three-quarters of an hour at a time.

My closest friend is cross country so we never get to visit in person now. We talk on the phone about every other week for about an hour and we e-mail sometimes weekly, sometimes less, just depends on what's going on.

My 2nd closest friend only lives about 4 hrs away and I see her about once a year. We also talk about every 2-3 weeks for about an hour to catch up.

I have 2 other good friends that live locally-we talk at least 1x per week, sometimes more.

Wow. I have good friends but I am lucky if I talk to them once a month.

It's usually if we have some common event we are involved with that we see or talk to each other more often. I play music with some friends. If we don't go to weekly practice, we don't tend to see each other often. Usually a few times a year we are involved in common ventures.

I am not so good with phoning people. I do have some good girlfriends but I don't make a lot of effort to stay connected regularly. Its pretty loose. I know a lot of people though. I am such an introvert- I would feel totally like my space was invaded if someone wanted to talk to me several times a week just to chat.

How often do you talk on the phone with your closest friend. I'm just trying to see what's normal. I talk with mine about 5 times a week. The calls are normally short though ~ 5 min. We mostly just call to check in, etc.

Too much, lol! I talk to my sil about 5 times per day. The calls range in length from 5 min. up to maybe 30 minutes, depending. We call each other when we're both doing something monotonous, like unloading the dishes, folding clothes, making dinner. Or if she's driving somewhere. We also see each other 2-3 times per week, because she only lives 15 min. away. I don't know how we always have so much to talk about, except that she's a lot like her brother (my dh), who I also really like talking to. :) We have those compatible opposite personality types that just really click, plus we know a lot of the same people and are involved with similar activities, etc.