Menu

So, why do YOU homeschool?

A previous post got me wondering why the parents on WTM board chose to homeschool their DC? It would be interesting and fun to see your answers!

We have five children. Little Soccer Dude is dyslexic; his program was fabulous, but would benefit from more one on one attention. Giggles was not learning as much as she should in her class. Shining Star is gifted and becoming a 'nonlearner''; everything was easy, therefore she was becoming lazy. (When she would go ahead, she would get in trouble.) Soccer Dude finally developed a love of learning, and couldn't get info fast enough! And Darling Dash...hmmm, pulling four out of school, why not all five? LOL

They are learning SO much more at home, with extra time for living life! They are neither sheltered nor "unsocialized" LOL It's made a huge difference in our lives. WHile we're not committed to doing this forever, we'll be continuing next year.

Started out because we were moving, so didn't know which school system she would be in for kindergarten, as we didn't know how long it would take our house to sell. I didn't want her in the very high poverty public school where we were previously living due to the rising drug and crime issues in the elementary school. Also, she was reading at a second grade level and didn't tolerate boredom gracefully.

Now, three years later, because we are enjoying the freedom and possibilities.

1)I want my child to know God and Not be ashamed , and to Show his religion :) and Spread the Words of God

2)I know what my child is learning

3)I know who my child is around

4)I know my child is not running the streets

5)here its not 30 children to 1 teacher and I KNow if he gets stuck, I am here to help him not push him aside if he did get behind like alot of schools do (Usually if there is a child behind and the rest are up on the schooling the teacher usually make them keep going regardless if he/she is stuck or not)

6) He/She can work at there own pace :)

7)I feel that Homeschooled Children Learn more .

Oh i can go on and on and on lol

DH's schedule(LEO) would pretty much prevent him from seeing our kids if they were in school.

I don't want to have to BE anywhere at a certain time, every day. :D

*CLAP* *CLAP* *CALP* Amy oh I soooooooooo agree lol and having to get out when it is sleeting , to get the kids out in it or thunderstorms.lol:D

I have oh, so many reasons but I found this (maybe even on this board, can't remember):

Why do you home educate your children?

If they learn their ABCs, can read 600 words per minute, and can write with perfect penmanship, but have not been shown how to communicate with the Designer of all language, they have not been educated.

If they can deliver an eloquent speech and persuade you with their stunning logic, but have not been instructed in God's wisdom, they have not been educated.

If they read Shakespeare and John Locke and can discuss their writings with keen insight, but have not read the greatest of all books -- the Bible -- and have no knowledge of its personal importance, they have not been educated.

If they have memorized addition facts, multiplication tables, and chemical formulas, but have never been disciplined to hide God's Word in their hearts, they have not been educated.

If they can explain the law of gravity and Einstein's theory of relativity, but have never been instructed in the unchangeable laws of the One Who orders our universe, they have not been educated.

If they can classify animals by their family, genus and species, and can write a lengthy scientific paper that wins an award, but have not been introduced to the Maker's purpose for all creation, they have not been educated.

If they can recite the Gettysburg Address and the Preamble to the Constitution, but have not been informed of the hand of God in the history of our country, they have not been educated.

If they can play the piano, the violin, six other instruments, and can write music that moves men to tears, but have not been taught to listen to the Director of the universe and worship Him, they have not been educated.

If they can run cross-country races, star in basketball and do 100 push-ups without stopping, but have never been shown how to bend their spirit to do God's will, they have not been educated.

If they can identify a Picasso, describe the style of da Vinci, and even paint a portrait that earns an A+, but have not learned that all harmony and beauty comes from a relationship with God, they have not been educated.

If they were to graduate with a perfect 4.0 and were accepted at the best university with a full scholarship, but have not been guided into a career of God's choosing, they have not been educated.

If they become good citizens, voting at each election and fighting for what is moral and right, but have not been told of (or believe) the sinfulness of man and his hopelessness without Christ, they have not been educated.

However, if one day they see the world as God sees it, and come to know Him, Whom to know is life eternal, and glorify God by fulfilling His purpose for them, THEN THEY HAVE BEEN EDUCATED!

- - Carolyn Caines

:)

Reasons we homeschool:

1: I don't delegate well! I can teach them just fine, so why ask someone else to do it?

2. Academics - Ds10 would be bored silly in p.s. and he would become the class clown as a result (he already tries to the class clown in our homeschool!)

Dd6 would still be in kindergarten this year (due to her birthday) instead of doing just fine in 1st grade.

3. Character training - I knew it was part of homeschooling, I just didn't know how important it is until we started this journey.

4. We love homeschooling!

1. I feel that one on one instruction will result in high quality instruction - it has.

2. If we find an area of particular interest we can explore it indept - we have - ds loves electronics and is especially talented at it.

3. If he has trouble with a particular subject we can do extra work on slow down the pace - this has worked wonderfully with Algebra

Jean:

" I don't delegate well! I can teach them just fine, so why ask someone else to do it?"

:D

That may just be my answer if I'm totally honest with myself. I do have definite control issues.

I posted the orginal post asking what people say when asked "Why?". I've really appreciated the discussion from that and also these other similar threads. I think for me personally, especially so early in the game, what I've realized from this is I probably need to examine what my reasons are myself...right now it's mostly just a gut feeling that this feels right and also that I think it will be fun. Those are probably both good reasons to start...but probably not enough to get me through. I've found that the original post answered my question but gave me more to think about. Gotta love that.

Alice

I agree completely with what you said:

"They are learning SO much more at home, with extra time for living life! They are neither sheltered nor "unsocialized" LOL It's made a huge difference in our lives. WHile we're not committed to doing this forever, we'll be continuing next year."

When we moved to Lexington, I had never even heard of homeschooling. As an interesting (for me, at least) aside, my mother-in-law had said to me several times during the years before we moved (we all lived in Baton Rouge) that she thought I should "start a school of my own and bring in a few other friends of my older son and teach them all". I pooh-poohed such an idea, thinking nothing like that could be done. He was enrolled in an excellent private school in Baton Rouge for K and that was the end of that. She passed away just a few weeks before we moved here.

Within the first month after entering my son in a private school here (last half of first grade), we knew we were completely unhappy with it and would not continue there. But we couldn't get him enrolled in the only other private school that we were interested in for the following year, or even the year after that, as it was full in his grade levels. That's when I began hearing about homeschooling and looking into it for myself. I floundered around pretty much on my own in setting up our first year, using the great outlines that his Kindergarten teacher at his old school had used, and E.D. Hirsch's books, to give me guidance on how to set up my days. I began to connect with the very large homeschooling community here and we didn't look back after that time.

My older son visited the Montessori school we'd been interested in several times over the years, but always decided he was learning much more at home and might be bored at school. But when he got to be a teen, and it was harder to have regular contact with other homeschooling teens here for various reasons, he was really unhappy and so wanted to return to regular school. We allowed him to enroll in a private school this year and he's been doing very well and is happy there - and we're happy for him. I don't think the academic level there approaches what we were able to do at home (and he agrees), but there are other life lessons to be learned there, too, so it's okay.

All in all, I believe that my mother-in-law was somewhat prophetic in her several comments to me. I believe that she'd be happy to see that we did end up getting to do all the neat things that made her think I'd be good at running a school. And I think that the decision to move here, instead of to Louisville, where we also had an offer, was a gift to us that has served us very well indeed.

Regena

I agree with everyone in here.

I also feel is if we can get by on one income , why have a Total Stranger educate our children and raise them.

I gave birth to jacob , we are able to survive on one income and I Loooooooooooooooove teaching him and having a great time (Where some kids are misserable at school)

I am glad someone started this post :):D

We started because I was NOT impressed with my education in a good public school.

We continue for academic reasons, but we also realize how much it helps to promote family relationships. The boys are best friends and the olders never dream of excluding the younger ones. They can stay up later so we can spend more time as a family.

He was in special ed preK and K, and I just was not impressed. The school wanted to mainstream him for 1st, and I knew there was no way he would make it in a regular classroom.

Brought him home, and never looked back. It's been almost six years now, and while he is still behind in all areas, and still struggles to learn, I know that he is further ahead than he would have been in PS. Plus, he feels good about himself, is a wonderful, funny, kind boy, and has not been beaten down by the constant failure he would have encountered in PS.

Michelle T

I could not disagree more with ChocolatePrincesses post. I do not like the imposition that my children are un-educated if I choose not to use the bible or god in any part of our learning. I realize that my contention is with the author of that piece of "material" and I will say as much. I also realize that she's posting why she homeschools and that author summed it up for her.

It still does not sit well with me that there are many of us on here who do a perfectly wonderful job educating our kids withOUT any mention of religion and we are told that we can't possibly be doing so if we don't use the bible.

Having said that, I can say this for which I am sure someone will disagree with me on :) ---Academics, pure and simply.

I wanted them to know the truth without it being "hushed" up, I like my science and history factual not fluffy--which means they will learn that this country was NOT founded by Christian men, but by men who wanted ALL to have freedom of whatever religion(or non) they chose and that they will learn what Evolution is without being done so by a whisper.

They will learn their math without interruption of "feel good arithmetic".

They will learn how to socialize the proper way, not the way every Lindsay Lohan wannabe thinks one should.

They will be able to get up in the morning completely refreshed instead of bogged down, and ready for the day without fear.

And most of all, they have a dedicated mother to whom she serves only them. ;)

Academics, pure and simple. And if I churn out a Beautician as opposed to a Mathematician, so be it. I am not ashamed of that. ;)

I didn't get a negative this time, only a gray square, which made it very easy for me to tell who left it--Jellybean, I realize opinions are a good thing, but calling my refusal to homeschool by the bible a "shame" is unneccessary and rude.

The OP asked why we homeschool. I highlighted why I did by pointing out it was the exact opposite of what CP's author wrote--and that I felt writing things like that(the author, not CP) only drive an already big wedge between homeschoolers, where one is not needed.

Your leaving of a rep the way you did, only proves this. So now I ask--why is this necessary? Homeschoolers in general, already have a huge wedge between us and the rest of the world, why do we feel the need to drive that wedge deeper with comments like that and with this even more vehement Us (non-religious) Vs Them (religious) attitude?

Why can't we all realize that the one thing we have in common--homeschooling--is a huge bonding sacrifice for all of us, not just religious people or non-religious people? We all take and make committments to our families, we all sacrifice our time/income to do this, so why do we need to drive this stupid wedge in even deeper?

of all of the families with children that we knew before our oldest was school age, we genuinely liked the kids who were members of homeschooling families. They were friendly, helpful, intelligent and independent. They were individuals.

I read somewhere (here from Plaid Dad or from Henry Cate at WhyHomeschool) that one of the reasons his family chose homeschooling was because of what he observed in brick-and-mortar schools... parents sent their unique, enthusiastic children and received in return ambivalent, generic "kids". That thought rang true with my dh and I, and I would say it is the primary reason that we homeschool.

The side-effects of homeschooling have been a great education, a strong family where we all genuinely like each other as people, kids who are comfortable in many different circumstances and with people of many different ages and backgrounds, and a flexibility that allowed my dh to continue his education and for me to embark on a writing career that I had never even considered before. I also like that this flexibility allows us to tailor our more structured learning to occur when our children are at their best mentally... my morning kids can work in the morning and my night owls can work later in the day.

Originally:

1) It was a natural progression from my parenting choices (attachment parenting, homebirth, breastfeed until they can read, parent as intuitive expert)

2) Several of my peers were making the same choice

3) "Believed" the platitudes and trite "why we homeschool answers" when I googled

4) I saw my firstborn @ 5ish and intuitively felt that the public school dynamic would diminish what is quirky, wonderful and charming about him.

5) I would have spent as much time assisting, helping and being a part of ps'ing as I did HSing littles.

Later, as time goes on:

1) Having firsthand and almost daily exposure to the social dynamic that develops in public school, my choice is reaffirmed.

2) Having firsthand and almost daily exposure to several ps'ed students; I homeschool for academic richness.

3) I homeschool for political reasons. I am a fiscal conservative, social libertarian. Not subjecting my kids and therefore family to the Government system is a match for me.

4) God is a part of who I am. I do not want to navigate *this* issue third party in a secularized from Christianity government system for my family, as an advocate.

5) My kids' genetics in terms of addiction is jacked up. Seriously. By the time I was my son's age, I was drinking to excess 2 nights a week.

6) School pick up lines are awful.

7) Busses are awful.

8) I do beleive there is a largely unacknowled "world view" taught in schools being packaged as neutral.

9) Homeschooling relates directly to my income.

10) Today encapsulated why I homeschool. We did Latin, math, The Grammar Key (for the olders), LLATL, descriptive writing from Write with the Best and read aloud from Around the World in 80 Days. In addition, I resurrected a housekeeping system to keep everyone accountable and me not grumpy. We laughed, got stern, had a few issues, cuddled, ate, cleaned, talked and hugged. I.can't.imagine.living.any.other.way.

I homeschool for the relationships that we would not have if they were gone all the time.

I homeschool for the opportunity to teach them the ways of God.

I homeschool so that we can live a life that is flexible and interesting and not tied to what the mundane-ness of institutional learning.

I homeschool because my public school experience was horrid.

I homeschool because I love whiney 12 year olds who think they will die from pre-algebra, moody 17 year olds who think I don't understand them, obstinate 10 year olds who hide behind the hair in their face when they don't want to answer a question, and impatient 8 year olds who swear they can't do this work and then go on to do it flawlessly.

I homeschool because the tuition to our local classical Christian school is too expensive for our family and there is no other school in our town good enough for my kids. I am a snob like that.

Thank you for the insightful replies. It's intriguing to see the similarities and differences between the homeschool families. The one common thread is parents who are dedicated to their familes. Academics is the single biggest identical issue.

I look forward to knowing who y'all are, and gain more insight as we journey through the homeschool lifestyle.

Well, my reason for homeschooling is I was called by God. I truly believe that God revealed to me to train them up in the way they should go.

I had such difficulty having children and then I had a miracle: this is my testimony. God gave me these children and so, I wanted to give them back to Him. I believe that it is my job and I take it seriously. I also love learning and teaching. I taught children's church for years before I had children and still continue to teach them.

May God richly bless all of you.:D

Blessings,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

From specific to general:

• Our dd is academically accelerated and needs highly individualized instruction.
  • She also has sensory issues that would make a classroom situation very difficult for her.
  • We (the parents) prefer to be the primary social and moral influences on our child.
  • We enjoy the family togetherness that homeschooling allows.
  • It is important to us that our faith be integrated into our dd's education, not marginalized or mocked.
  • There are no schools in our area that reflect my educational philosophy; most are thoroughly at odds with it. If she attended school, my dd would not be studying the subjects I think are most important, and she would be taught much that I think is either unimportant or downright objectionable.
  • I believe that, while the state has a vested interest in the education of its citizens, the primary responsibility for that education rests with parents. Homeschooling is one way that I walk that talk.

We started homeschooling because our oldest son began reading books at four and we felt sending him to Kindergarten would be a big waste of time.

We continue to homeschool because I love it. I love having my children close by each day. I love teaching and I enjoy being a part of their learning environment.

My top ten reasons in any order.

1. My children can learn at their own pace going as fast or slow as need be.

2. Family togetherness--How many people really still talk to their friends from high school?

3. Lice--need I say more?

4. My public school experience was bad.

5. The drop-out rate in my dh's family is high and as my MIL says maybe I'm onto something here.

6. Freedom from other people's schedules.

7. I get to see all the lightbulbs turn on. I taught my oldest dd to read and it feels great!

8. God can be in our day.

9. We want to raise independent self-motivated thinkers and doers not future workers of the line (factory work is a hard life and we don't want that for our dds).

10. It is a lot of fun and my children like it!:)

I'm a masochist, plain and simple!:D

Aren't the rest of you in this for the pain of never having a moment to yourselves, having the house littered with books, papers, projects and unfolded laundry? Of having your little darlings 6 extra hours a day so they have all those extra opportunities to roll their eye at you?

Come on now, fess up, y'all! You're in it for the pain, too! :D

Aren't the rest of you in this for the pain of never having a moment to yourselves, having the house littered with books, papers, projects and unfolded laundry? Of having your little darlings 6 extra hours a day so they have all those extra opportunities to roll their eye at you?

LOL! Now to tell that to the next person who asks me why I homeschool!

We want a Christ-centered education, our local PS cannot provide that

We prefer a 'real life' learning full of good literature and hands-on experiences, rather than textbooks, and our local Christian schools do not provide that

Freedom!!! We set our schedule, decide when projects are due, and what, if any, "homework" gets assigned

ADHD and other issues make a classroom environment less-than-deal

We're not into 'Follow The Herd' mentality -- and are perfectly happy doing our own thing our own way

Ability to balance our academics with real life experiences and a life of service to others.

We school to provide balance to our lives, rather than having school, school transportation, and school-related homework take up the lion's share of our time.

And, yes, we all must like a little pain!:p

Because I want to be around my kids and watch them learn and grow. Time goes way to fast to send them off for 6+ hours a day.

Because I can do just as good if not better than the PS.

Because I want them to learn about God and to be able to praise and worship Him as we please, when we please.

Because learning is so much more than just school books and happens 24/7, not just 8-3.

Because I love not being on anyone's schedule.

There are so many reasons. DH and I both had a HORRIBLE public school experience. We were at the bottom of the food chain:rolleyes: and we are both happy, well-adjusted, successful adults. We could have skipped that time all together and been who we are (maybe better) and not have the HORRIBLE memories. We waited 12 years for our 1st daughter. We were NOT ready to turn her over to someone else just 4 yrs later. She is SMART. She started reading the BOB books to me at just 3 1/2. How bored would she be at age 6, in Kindergarten? She probably has ADD, and if bored, would get into trouble. While I think she could be strong in her faith growing up in the public schools, I know that it can cause some doubt, ambivalence, and temptation to stray. I can ground her firmly in our family's belief system so that when she is an adult, she will not have all that other garbage in her head.

A close friend once said my interests in life all added up to a desire for passion and a challenge. Yes, it is a challenge, and I take those very seriously. Part of me wants to follow in my father's footsteps (he was a teacher). Part of me wants kiddo to have the education I always wished I'd had, but mostly I want him to love learning and to achieve. Hubby and I are very old parents, and kiddo will be all alone in the world when we are gone...he will have to rely on his mind in the way I have, but I had fall back in the form of a good and large family. He won't have that. I want him knowledgeable, able, disciplined, etc, so he can have the best chance at supporting himself financially and intellectually. I owe it to him as a menopause baby and an only.

that they will learn what Evolution is without being done so by a whisper.

Theory of Evolution. Right?

I homeschool for lots of reasons.

1) My son could read at 4 and 'got' math early on....what would he have done all day in K?

2) I didn't want him socialized by 26 other 5 year olds.

3) He is my child....I want to raise him

4) I do NOT want to be tied to the public school system's schedule--daily or yearly

5) He is my child....I want to raise him. (Did I say that already? :))

Theory of Evolution. Right?

If that's what you wish to call it, I call it Evolution. And technically now, in Florida, it's the Scientific Theory of Evolution. And since theory does not imply that it hasn't been proven, I can call it just plain Evolution if I wish. That's the beauty of this thing called homeschooling, right? ;)

Hmmm, Theory of Evolution, Germ Theory of Disease, Theory of Gravitation...that's another reason I hs. I'm not sure I can trust ps in Texas to teach fact-based science and history.

Are those how they label them in Texas? Because what I'm talking about was just passed (yesterday I think) and now it's "Scientific Theory of......" --which is why I ask, because you mentioned Theory of Gravitation, which was one of the things they placed "Scientific Theory of" in front of... of course, I don't get how gravity can be a theory, but... ;)

For a Christ centered life.

I can do a better job that the ps.

Ranch life screams homeschool. My boys can run a cattle business and my daughters know how to run a home.

We have time to teach the kids what we know beyond academics.

They also have time to pursue their individual gifts.

No more revisionist history. I am from the South. It was not a civil war.

I can't stand being told what to do, when to do it, how to teach it, when to teach it.

I want my children to think for themselves, not be programmed by government schools.

My dh was on the school board when our oldest was four, and couldn't believe the parent bashing.

• First, I believe God has provided this path for my family.
  • Second, after my daughter was born it was obvious when she was just two weeks old that she was advanced, and it is even more obvious to me now that she is nearly 7yo that she would not fit into the 1st or even 2nd grade at all.
  • Third, "Parents give up their rights when they drop the children off at public school." -- Melinda Harmon, Federal Judge, 1996
  • Fourth, see my signature.

I have many more reasons...but only so much time. ;)

If I wouldn't hs my dc, they wouldn't learn how to read and write in English, have any knowledge of science,....

Having said that, after 5 years of doing it, cause it had to be done and enabled us to live here, I came across the WTM and now I'm much more inspired! Also reaching for higher academic goals.

The biggest surprise was this forum, I like it here, whereas beforehand I ran a mile when there were other home schoolers!

I don't rep negatively, but I do think your reply was rather harsh.

Have people had such a go at you, that you abhor it, when faith related topics come up? From what I saw the original post didn't have a go at secular hs.

Implied conclusions are all around on this board. I'm about to ask for a suggestion for a "young earth geology book". In a way that communicates that I think you're wrong to teach your children that the earth is millions of years old, but that's not what I'm thinking of when I ask that question. That's true the other way around, too, when people ask for specific secular resources, or talk about evolution. I have to admit I get this itch ever so often to write and say that I'm a clear thinking person, with a first in Biology form the Univerity of London, and think it's a stupid theory. But I don't (I just did, didn't I?!:eek: won't happen again!), cause it strikes me this isn't what SWB wanted when she started this forum.

I homeschool for the relationships that we would not have if they were gone all the time.

I homeschool for the opportunity to teach them the ways of God.

I homeschool so that we can live a life that is flexible and interesting and not tied to what the mundane-ness of institutional learning.

I homeschool because my public school experience was horrid.

I homeschool because I love whiney 12 year olds who think they will die from pre-algebra, moody 17 year olds who think I don't understand them, obstinate 10 year olds who hide behind the hair in their face when they don't want to answer a question, and impatient 8 year olds who swear they can't do this work and then go on to do it flawlessly.

I homeschool because the tuition to our local classical Christian school is too expensive for our family and there is no other school in our town good enough for my kids. I am a snob like that.

Beautiful words, Kelli.

I agree with almost all of it. My school experiences weren't horrible, just dull and mundane and I always had to wait until 3:00 to actually learn what I wanted to learn.

I never understood, even as a child, what the purpose of school really was. We certainly weren't learning much. I always felt like I learned more in a Saturday morning at the library than I had all week in school.

Plus it was loud, crowded, and dirty. And once you got interested in a good book, or excited about a topic in history, it was time to move on to something else.

And they kept us cooped up inside - so many gorgeous, sunny afternoons, I looked out the schoolroom window and thought to myself how wrong it all was.

I didn't much care for the company, either. Obnoxious boys pulling my hair - I could have lived without that experience.

I would have been thrilled to be homeschooled as a child. It all felt like a giant waste of time to me.

After having raised older children (that are now through school and on their own), my husband and I were blessed with another child late in life. Our past and more recent PS experiences were miles apart due to so many cultural shifts and changes over the years between children. Being older and wiser parents, we knew we had to reconsider options for education.

There are many reasons we made the decision to homeschool our youngest child, but here are some that come to mind first.

1. We realize more than ever that a complete education must include a Christian world view, as well an understanding of other religions. We love having the freedom to use Christian curriculum, pray and study the Bible in our school.

2. We wouldn't trade the flexibility in scheduling for anything! The world is our classroom.

3. We had grown tired of the constant imbalance of focus between social issues and education itself in PS.

4. In PS our daughter was contantly being bombarded with ungodly values, both in the classroom and on the playground. (i.e. one little boy who sat at her table each day came to school dressed like a girl. Dd was troubled by this, and there was nothing the school could do about it.)

5. We were very impressed with what we saw in homeschooling families that we've gotten to know personally in recent years.

6. After reading TWTM I realized my daughter deserved more than she was getting in PS...shared it with DH and we have never looked back. (Thank you SWB and JW!!)

Our biggest regret is that we did not bring our older children home to be schooled and that dd had to wait until 3rd grade to start getting the education she deserves. Homeschooling this child at times seems like a daunting task, but more than that I find it to be an awesome privilege and priceless opportunity.

Blessings,

Lucinda

We began to homeschool because the local schools put sports before academics to such a degree that they build new state of the art sports fields while cutting basic academic programs, and because too much religion is allowed to permeate the public school culture. It goes so far here that there is a bible study program on the public elementary school campus where children are pulled out of class to attend (with parental permission; using a loophole in the state law). My children will learn to think rationally and from a scientific perspective. My children will (and do) understand the difference between a theory and a hypothesis. My children will be taught the beauty that is evolution, they will learn history from varied sources, become culturally literate, and learn to nurture their own innate ability to learn.

Now my children are academically advanced to a degree that there is no place for them in the public school system (the words of local school officials upon reviewing testing they did of my boys last year).

**These are my reasons stated honestly, not attacks on anyone else.**