Menu

One quick dessert question--do you like desserts that pair chocolate with fruit?

Would you like your flourless chocolate cake to have raspberry sauce on it?  

1. 1. Would you like your flourless chocolate cake to have raspberry sauce on it?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other (please add a comment to explain).

I love fruit and chocolate together and think raspberry sauce with the cake would be delicious. I don't like the seeds, however, so if your recipe doesn't remove them, I'd think twice. We had a wonderful chocolate w/ raspberry sauce cake for my daughter recently. MMmmmm!

My daughter and I made pomegranate jelly over Christmas break and it's wonderful! I make a chocolate cake and put a thin layer of the pom jelly b/t two layers of cake and when I serve it, the ppl rave.

I don't like chocolate and fruit mixed. I'm the only one in the family that doesn't like strawberries dipped in chocolate. I don't want fruit messed up with chocolate nor do I want my chocolate messed up with fruit.

BUT fruit sauce, that's a different thing! Raspberries sauce on a chocolate cake sounds wonderful!

I wouldn't mind having raspberry sauce on the plate. If nothing else, I love the color it adds to the plate!

Well, I'm not averse to having the plate decorated closer to the rim(we pretty much always do that), the color is always a nice accent, but the flourless chocolate cake already is covered with a chocolate ganache, and seated on a plate decorated with chocolate curls. People love chocolate curls. I am one of those folks who *really really don't* like fruit with my chocolate, so I'd prefer to leave the raspberry sauce optional rather than replace the chocolate curls with a puddle of raspberry sauce. I just don't want to push for the option if 99% of people really would like the raspberry with the chocolate.

I like raspberry with chocolate. Did I say "like"? I meant "swoon for".

Dh and I went out for our anniversary last week for a fancy dessert. The raspberry sauce on my cake was optional (The server asked, "Would you like the raspberry sauce on that?") and it was served in a pretty cup on the side.

Cat

I vote for sauce on the plate, but not touching the chocolate. Then it's pretty and one can choose whether to let them touch. ;) For myself, I prefer real berries or no fruit at all -- not a big fan of fruit sauces -- but I do think the color is lovely, and it's certainly a fairly classic combo.

Well, I'm not averse to having the plate decorated closer to the rim(we pretty much always do that), the color is always a nice accent, but the flourless chocolate cake already is covered with a chocolate ganache, and seated on a plate decorated with chocolate curls. People love chocolate curls. I am one of those folks who *really really don't* like fruit with my chocolate, so I'd prefer to leave the raspberry sauce optional rather than replace the chocolate curls with a puddle of raspberry sauce. I just don't want to push for the option if 99% of people really would like the raspberry with the chocolate.

I understand :) the cake, chocolate ganache, chocolate curls and whipped cream -it will look very chocolately and delicious even without the rasp. sauce!

I consider the tainting of chocolate with anything a sick kind of sacrilege. I wish I could have checked "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" instead of just a wimpy little "no."

:iagree: I like my chocolate pure and unadulterated, thank you very much.

I voted yes! I had flourless chocolate cake for my birthday and thought at the time that it would be delicious with raspberries or raspberry sauce along with the whipped cream.

Of course, I love that combination anyway. Right now I'm drinking coffee with chocolate/raspberry creamer and loving it!

Blessings,

Lucinda

I don't like chocolate and fruit mixed. I'm the only one in the family that doesn't like strawberries dipped in chocolate. I don't want fruit messed up with chocolate nor do I want my chocolate messed up with fruit.

BUT fruit sauce, that's a different thing! Raspberries sauce on a chocolate cake sounds wonderful!

:iagree::iagree:

Change my no vote to a yes vote, in that case. I replied without reading the question. :tongue_smilie: (...and me calling myself a teacher!)

I would like (in fact do like) chocolate cake with a fruit sauce. I do not like the combination of fresh fruit and chocolate, however, particularly chocolate-dipped fruit. The acid in the fruit, IMO, detracts from the creaminess of the chocolate in that situation.

When the acid is tempered with sugar or cream or something like that - in a coulis or mousse, for instance - I'm all in.

(My husband, however, is a purist and does not want either tainted with the other.)

I consider the tainting of chocolate with anything a sick kind of sacrilege. I wish I could have checked "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" instead of just a wimpy little "no."

This, too, is my stance!!!!

Now, hubby would LOVE the sauce - could you offer it in a small cup or boat so folks could pour it on if they so desire...or have the wait staff ASK folks if they want their lovely chocolate cake ruined (oops, my opinion showing;-) by the sauce?????

The only chocolate/fruit thing I like is chocolate covered strawberries. Any other chocolate/fruit pairing is not appealing to me. Don't even get me started on those chocolate "oranges" they sell around Christmas... I'd prefer a mocha sauce or mocha whipped cream or even creme anglaise. Not fruit. :)

The only chocolate/fruit thing I like is chocolate covered strawberries. Any other chocolate/fruit pairing is not appealing to me. Don't even get me started on those chocolate "oranges" they sell around Christmas... I'd prefer a mocha sauce or mocha whipped cream or even creme anglaise. Not fruit. :)

mocha creme anglaise is always good too! Yum!