Menu

Job opportunity

DawnM

So, some of you may remember that last year was a very trying year for me.   I won't bore you with the details, but it has been very challenging.

An opportunity has come up that I had actually thought I would wait a year to apply for, but I have been encouraged to apply by several people who have said this is a really good fit for me.

Yesterday the director of this particular program in the district (he does the hiring) and I talked for a while on the phone and it seems like it would be perfect for my current needs.   The feeling I got from him based on several comments was that he would hire me if I apply, BUT, until it is all said and done, I am not banking on that.

I am updating some items on my resume and adding a couple of references today and then will hit the apply button.

Wish me luck!   

• Like 48

5 minutes ago, DinCO said:

Good Luck!  Sounds like the right opportunity at the right time!

Yes.   He says he has interviewed several people but didn't hire them so he doesn't need to interview others at this point if he chooses not to, he can just hire the "right person."   

• Like 7

I have been working on updating my resume before sending.   Wow, rocket resume builder makes it SO easy!

Then I had a bit of a panic attack.   What should my answer be if he asks, "If I were to call your current principal, what would she tell me about you?"

Truth be told, I have no idea, it entirely depends on her mood.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DawnM said:

Yes.   He says he has interviewed several people but didn't hire them so he doesn't need to interview others at this point if he chooses not to, he can just hire the "right person."   

That was how my husband got his first job here in the states and the HR didn’t kick a fuss about the H1 visa. We heard they were interviewing locals for seven months and no one had the experience. His job was in the research arm of semiconductor manufacturing and local postgraduates aren’t really interested in such a niche area. 

• Like 1

Thanks all.  I updated my resume yesterday and hit the submit button!  I am nervous.   I just hope he doesn't check too closely on last year's work I did as I couldn't do it as well as I would have liked due to time constraints.   

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 17