Menu

Puppies….!!!!

fairfarmhand

11 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Precious. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Are you keeping them or selling them?  The pups are purebred right?

Yes, purebred, but not registered. Generally people wanting them for farming don't care about registered.

And we will be selling them.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Grace Hopper said:

Me too!

I don’t know how you’re getting anything done, fairfarmhand. I’d be walking around with a puppy in each arm accomplishing nothing. 

Well, they are out in the barn and they do smell like barn dogs, so there is that. The kids bring them in and i say “wrap that dog in a towel so the furniture doesn’t get smelly!” 

but super cute, yes. They’re beginning to bark a bit and wag their tails. In another week they’ll be climbing out of the wading pool they live in.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, wintermom said:

It must be hard to see them go. How many dogs do you usually have on your place? The farm I bought my puppy from had 3 Great Pyrenees as guardian dogs for their sheep and cattle, as well as 4 border collies.

Not really. By the time they’re 6-8weeks, they’re pooping in places that you don’t want them to. We keep 2 grown dogs and that’s enough dogs for me. Also, we’ll probably have another litter come fall.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fairfarmhand said:

Not really. By the time they’re 6-8weeks, they’re pooping in places that you don’t want them to. We keep 2 grown dogs and that’s enough dogs for me. Also, we’ll probably have another litter come fall.

Yes, the puppy poo and pee seems continuous, and almost never when and where you want it. 😉 

23 hours ago, Katy said:

We swore we wouldn’t get another dog for a while… they are so cute you’re making me want another.

I'm not in a place (physically or financially) to get another dog, but I miss having a dog. 

Thanks for sharing these pictures. 

9 minutes ago, GoodGrief3 said:

We have a 4 month old Polish Tatra Sheepdog pup. People are always asking if he is a Great Pyranees, and after looking at your pics, I see why. Very similar appearance!

I'd never heard of this kind of dog. They are gorgeous!! Is yours a guardian dog or pet?

2 hours ago, wintermom said:

I'd never heard of this kind of dog. They are gorgeous!! Is yours a guardian dog or pet?

I had not either, but we became acquainted with this woman with a passion for the breed, and next thing you know there's a fluffball in the house 😉 Ours is a pet. We have a Great Dane as well and this puppy has turned out to be a good companion for him (and should be similar in size once grown.)

I adore my Great Pyrenees. She is so sensitive to us all that I feel like she sees into my soul. I had to have our 14 year old male put down last summer. I bawled and told him that I aspire to be half of the mother he was to every living creature in his care.  

Thanks for the puppy pics. I needed that! 

• Sad 1