Menu

Clothing items you REALLY love--your favorite things?

prairiewindmomma

Timberland Chelsea boots similar to these: https://www.zappos.com/timberland-women-chelsea-boots/CK_XARCz1wEYx-wBWgKgAcABAeICBQECAwsY.zso

(But mine have smooth soles. Have a pair in brown and a pair in black, both are about 15 to 18 years old and I get them re-soled every few years.) Literally wear them every day in fall and winter and can walk miles in them.

Jeans. (Calvin Klein skinny jeans fit me well.)

Oversize sweaters with a t-shirt underneath. 

Wool pea coat. (Mine is a bright green one from Gap that I bought many years ago.)

Simmer: Tidewater flip flops and any type of leather strappy sandals with very flat soles.

Jones New York shorts.

Tennis shoes: Brooks (only ones that fit me properly).

Really, I am all about the shoes, regardless of the season.

Edited by Stacia
  • Haha 1

Currently, I'm in my lumberjack x athleisure phase. 

I'm living in:

Keen Targhee III: https://www.zappos.com/p/keen-targhee-iii-mid-waterproof-magnet-atlantic-blue/product/9253922/color/847377?zlfid=191&ref=pd_detail-1-sims_cv

Darn Tough wool socks: https://www.zappos.com/p/darn-tough-vermont-merino-wool-micro-crew-socks-cushion-slate/product/9009729/color/642?zlfid=191&ref=pd_search_1_s_sp_1

Columbia Saturday Trail stretch pants: https://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Sportswear-Womens-Saturday-Regular/dp/B00QO1FFLI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?dchild=1&keywords=waterproof hiking pants women&qid=1592812527&s=apparel&sr=1-11&th=1&tag=clothing-list-for-pacific-northwest-trail-20&linkId=e30f02fbca5b31c361debc6402004db9&geniuslink=true or https://www.amazon.com/prAna-Living-Womens-Regular-Inseam/dp/B00DOJK2ZC?ref_=ast_sto_dp

and some sort of layered top---sweaters, fleeces, whatever

I'm not winning any fashion award this year, but it's been so nice to brush off rain when I get caught out in a quick shower rather than sit in damp jeans or joggers.  Likewise, I haven't fallen on any wet leaves yet this fall either.

• Like 1

This thread is great! I have to buy an entire new wardrobe since I lost so much weight and had no idea where to start. Do I have a personal style? I have no idea!  But I'm getting tired of wearing cheap Kohls leggings and t shirts, that's for certain.

I have a few things bookmarked to look at more closely.

• Like 6

I got a dress from Costco a few years ago - went back and bought three more. The next year they had a similar dress, but slightly different and not as a good of a fit for me. I tempted to take the orginal dress to a seamstress and see if she can copy it. I can dress it up a bit or wear it casual; I can wear it with tights or leggings when it is cold paired with a long sweater.  Just my favorite thing to wear. 

I got a job and bought some “work clothes” and discovered that I only physically go in to work every 2-3 months. And when I do, only a handful of people are there (the other 200 all are working at home), and people dress down.

Before I realized the above, I had already bought these work pants. (Scroll down to see them with different tops and shoes) I was a little self-conscious about how they’re bell bottoms and wondered if they were a little too trendy for someone my age. But then I bought a button down black and white polka dotted shirt (from the thrift store), which looks adorable with the pinstripes, and I got used to wearing bell bottoms and now I LOVE them. They do a great job of balancing out my body shape. So flattering!

I wear the pants and the shirt every chance I get. Bonus points if I’m heading to the grocery store in them. No one at the grocery store has to know that I work from home in jammies many days of the week! I wear my “work clothes” outfit out to dinner or out shopping just because I can, and I feel like a million bucks when I’m wearing them. (I’m wearing my outfit right now in fact!!)

For Christmas, I bought myself these purple converse. For grocery shopping, the purple converse would look amazing with my bell-bottomed work outfit!  But I’m going to wait until Christmas to wear the purple converse.  

Otherwise, I’m a sucker for blazers. All sorts of blazers. Blazers that are dressy, blazers that are casual, blazers that are fitted, blazers that are loose, velvet blazers, purple blazers, etc, etc. I have an entire (little) closet just for my blazers. I even wear them in the summer because when I’m in a/c I get cold easily.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 1

My favorite things are the things that absolutely work for me and my environment without fuss.  Currently it's an L.L. Bean cotton cardigan, my Eddie Bauer rink pants (fleece lined water resistant black pants), and a slew of Eddie Bauer plain tees in long sleeve and short.  Simple, well made, and they don't shrink or have to be layered because they're too thin for normal people to wear like they should be.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 2:35 PM, YaelAldrich said:

That and a black stretchy skirt or denim skirt is literally my uniform all year round. I have to reluctantly carry a purse in the summer because the vest is too hot to wear.

Ha! I'm not the only one! ❤️ Love my denim skirts, homeschooling stereotype be darned. 

Although as I've aged I'm less tolerant to the cold and in the winter I wear jeans with an extra-long cardigan. 

I am not cool enough to pull off a tam. Color me envious.

• Thanks 1

My favorite things right now are my cozy, long-enough-to-cover-my-tush open sweaters. 34" or longer, mostly from Amazon or thrift stores.

Love my Amazon Basics Belice Ballet flats. They're cheap, they're vegan, they fit my wide feet and are very comfy.

I dyed a couple of my faded denim skirts with RIT dye and they were in constant wear while it was still warm. Much cheaper than buying new!

Year round: tee-shirts (v or scoop neck), jeans, and tennis shoes

in the fall/winter: the above plus a down vest, and a hoodie ( or flannel shirt)

If I’m getting fancier, I also love a good wool sweater, and denim or wool skirts, but for everyday, you can pry my tee/jeans/hoodie from my cold, dead hands.

Edited by Emba

1 hour ago, Trilliumlady said:

I love threads like this, but the bank account doesn’t…!

Me too.  I’m following this thread but dang, I just bought a couple things (needed) and don’t need/want to spend more.  

I just bought a pair of cuddl duds leggings from QVC and omg, they are wonderful!  BUT I haven’t washed them yet, so we’ll see…. But dang, they are soft.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WildflowerMom said:

Me too.  I’m following this thread but dang, I just bought a couple things (needed) and don’t need/want to spend more.  

I just bought a pair of cuddl duds leggings from QVC and omg, they are wonderful!  BUT I haven’t washed them yet, so we’ll see…. But dang, they are soft.  

I LOVE all things cuddl duds!  They are so incredibly comfortable and soft!  ❤️  I have sheets, leggings, shirts (all kinds), fleece headbands, mittens, and socks by them.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WildflowerMom said:

I can attest to the fact that cuddle duds are DA BOMB!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WildflowerMom said:

I wear cuddl duds long underwear all winter - love them. I am so glad to see they have tall sizes now, because my only complaint has been that they are a couple inches shorter than I would like.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Selkie said:

I wear cuddl duds long underwear all winter - love them. I am so glad to see they have tall sizes now, because my only complaint has been that they are a couple inches shorter than I would like.

I didn't know about the tall sizes!  They are always too short for my dd so this is great news!  Thanks!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

Ok, what is the difference in heat in cuddl duds micro fleece vs flannel sheets?  

I got the fleece from Kohl's years ago and we use them probably 7 months a year and they are still in great shape and they are SO comfortable and warm.  I love them.  I don't know the difference between the fleece and flannel, but I really love the fleece. They are very very warm though!  

• Thanks 1

My favorite winter outfit used to be this wonderful, almost ankle length wool riding skirt I had recovered with cuddle dud leggings. I wore it with a fair isle ski sweater, and a tank top under it. I had these bootie fake fur lined things that could be indoor outdoor (though they didn't work outdoors when snow.was deep). I felt like some sort of Nordic add for the good life, Hygge style, "Come to Iceland". I wore it A LOT, and ended up eventually wearing out the skirt and the sweater. Sigh. I have never found another world riding skirt, and though I do have another fait isle sweater it is nothing like that first one. Sniff sniff. 😥

• Like 1