Menu

2021 edition ~ Have you encountered a unique gift? Post it here...

Kareni

2 minutes ago, Dmmetler said:

I ordered this for DH. I think we've had all of the full versons come through at one time or another :). Last year I got him a miniature point of sale system. 

That is a nifty blast from the past! How do you expect he will display these?

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

I don't know if this qualifies as unusual, but thanks to the link to the Grand Canyon whiskey glasses, I went looking for other mountains (they have the Rocky Mountains as well), which I may get for my dad, and then went diving deeper into the website in general (so much stuff!) and found the gift my dad will get for my oldest, who's notoriously hard to shop for:

https://huckberry.com/store/mollyjogger/category/p/44576-scrimshaw-knife-kit

He's started woodburning as a hobby, and my dad used to do scrimshaw, so this will be a perfect gift from grandpa to grandson.  

And I'm seriously contemplating the jmsomethingorother artist stuff someone posted, particularly his barstools of all things, as we're in need of some, none are available, and we might as well get a conversation piece(s) instead, right?? 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, EmilyGF said:

The poster and mug links aren’t working for me:(  I think its Etsy website having issues.

Edited by history-fan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, EmilyGF said:

I found some gifts for my writer...

Those all look wonderful, @EmilyGF! I predict a very happy writer.

2 hours ago, TheReader said:

...found the gift my dad will get for my oldest, who's notoriously hard to shop for:

https://huckberry.com/store/mollyjogger/category/p/44576-scrimshaw-knife-kit

He's started woodburning as a hobby, and my dad used to do scrimshaw, so this will be a perfect gift from grandpa to grandson.  

That does sound like the ideal gift! I hope that both grandson and grandpa will be pleased.

2 hours ago, TheReader said:

And I'm seriously contemplating the jmsomethingorother artist stuff someone posted, particularly his barstools of all things, as we're in need of some, none are available, and we might as well get a conversation piece(s) instead, right?? 

Can you share the link? I'm intrigued! And, yes, to useful conversation pieces.

50 minutes ago, history-fan said:

I bet that my Lord of the Rings fans would like that!

Regards,

Kareni

2 hours ago, Kareni said:

Those all look wonderful, @EmilyGF! I predict a very happy writer.

That does sound like the ideal gift! I hope that both grandson and grandpa will be pleased.

Can you share the link? I'm intrigued! And, yes, to useful conversation pieces.

I bet that my Lord of the Rings fans would like that!

Regards,

Kareni

Link to the jm-artist-person furniture; someone had posted the link to something-or-other of his in this thread, which led me down a dive of the website, which led me to the barstools....he has other cool pieces. 

https://society6.com/jmhorjus/furniture

I'm considering the one with what looks like a D20 dice on it, or the celestial sunburst one. Just have to talk DH into them....we'd need 3......I was hoping he'd have a 3rd design available on barstools and we'd just get one of each, but alas....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheReader said:

https://society6.com/jmhorjus/furniture

I'm considering the one with what looks like a D20 dice on it, or the celestial sunburst one. Just have to talk DH into them....we'd need 3......I was hoping he'd have a 3rd design available on barstools and we'd just get one of each, but alas....

Those really do look intriguing! it's a dangerous site; I just spent way too much time looking at some of the 100 pages of barstools.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stacia said:

I haven't read through this thread yet. Please forgive me if this has already been posted.

Foodie Dice

Those had not been posted here, so thank you!

On 11/5/2021 at 5:02 PM, SusanC said:

We resorted to Chinese takeout for dinner, which led me to "misfortune" cookies. I particularly liked the sound of this Anti-Advent Calendar.

Recopying this. Had you seen these, @Stacia? They look like your kind of humor.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kareni said:

Today's finds ~

I may have posted this one already: Rubber chicken purse

Earthworm jerky

Custom face pillow

Never soggy cereal bowl

Regards,

Kareni

O.M.G.   I may never ever ever clink on another link from you after that earthwork jerky one.    You may have just ruined me from links forever.   I hope you’re happy with yourself.   
😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

O.M.G.   I may never ever ever clink on another link from you after that earthwork jerky one.    You may have just ruined me from links forever.   I hope you’re happy with yourself.   
😝

I live to serve! And, yes, I'm very happy with myself....

Regards,

Kareni

• Haha 9

@Kareni The plush organs general link isn't working, but it made me think of dd5 who has been obsessed with lungs since before COVID.

These lungs might be just right, though maybe I'll just get dd15 to crochet her these.

(Now, how does a 3-year-old become obsessed with lungs and keep up with it for two years? She's just that sort of kid and she met a doctor who showed her a very realistic lung model.)

Emily

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kareni said:

Today's finds ~

Plush toy organs including a heart, uterus, testicle, and more

Jingle Vagina Ornament

A uterus reindeer ornament

Regards,

Kareni

Hmmmm, I was looking to see if they have a pancreas.  I may look elsewhere.  
I need to get the vagina ornament for my mil, who has a tree on her street I call the ‘Vagina Tree’.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

Hmmmm, I was looking to see if they have a pancreas.  I may look elsewhere.  
I need to get the vagina ornament for my mil, who has a tree on her street I call the ‘Vagina Tree’.  

Where I grew up the corner house on our block had a planting right on the corner: one tall bush flanked by two short round bushes...lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, SusanC said:

😂 Why??? Please share. Perhaps a picture?

Well, I live 1.5 hrs away so I can't take a pic.  But I did look on google images and this tree looks similar except the v on the Vagina Tree is much higher and overlooks the street.   Every time we pass it I say, there's the Vagina Tree and my mil laughs like it's the first time I said it.  😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, WildflowerMom said:

Thank you @Kareni!   I think I'm getting that cookie cutter to use for ds' diaversary in January as kind of a 'screw you' to all those people who say, 'awww, he can't have sugar now??' 😆

You are very welcome; I hope he'll enjoy it. 

49 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

My oldest is getting this plush thyroid for Christmas, since her own organ is being such a tool. We do appreciate a bit of dark humor here. 😉

Very nifty! (Note: I see there is a thyroid cookie cutter, too.)

Sending good thoughts to you and your children.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Moncha said:

... I got these kind of as a joke for my husband because he always knocks his glasses off the nightstand in the middle of the night, he loves it! and now I want some for my newly needed reading glasses 😮 

What wonderful designs, Moncha! Which one are you thinking for yourself?

While reading your post, I was expecting you to post something like

this

this

this

or this

Regards,

Kareni

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, Kareni said:

of finds ~

Dadvil

My youngest would love this!

19 hours ago, Kareni said:

games related posts

I've learned from previous years' experience that if I even open these threads it doesn't end until I buy something. My jam-packed game cabinet tells me that we are more "aspirational" than actual game players. 😄

15 minutes ago, EmilyGF said:

I've been thinking about my coffee-loving brother

I'm sorry that this is out of stock. We had one years ago and people often had that brief moment of panic when they saw it.

Here's another funny one

Or this one

• Like 3

On 11/20/2021 at 4:25 PM, Hen said:

okay, I have two finds today

first, a pretty sunflower necklace made out of gems, on sale. There is also a matching ring.

sunflower necklace Ross-Simons

Alphabet mystery murder jigsaw-game over at amazon.  This one is "F is for Feline" but there is also a "Grounds for murder" game. 

Love that necklace! Very pretty!

• Like 1