Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

2 hours ago, smfmommy said:

127448e3-3ea2-7565-6bb9-d28d84cc87a0.png

We discussed this when we made some tweaks to homeowner policy. Our TV was like 700$ in 2006. They said, you'll get very little for something that old in a total loss. Okay, but with tech upgrades as they are, even a $200 TV is probably a huge improvement. That and you grossly overestimate how much I watch or care about TV. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

So it's the "necessities" that have gone up and the mindless entertainment to keep everyone compliant that have gotten cheap.  

aka: bread and circuses. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lady Florida. said:

FB_IMG_1710004679449.jpg

My 14yo and I just had this conversation. 🤣

We were listening to the radio and Matchbox Twenty came on.  He'd never heard it.

"Is this, like, old music?"

"Dude.  It's from 1997."

"So 30 years ago?  Yeah.  That's old."

My mind did a double-take.  I told him it was 10 years ago, don't care what he thinks.  His math is wrong.  All wrong.  1980?  20 years ago.  1993?  11 years ago. 

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

My 14yo and I just had this conversation. 🤣

We were listening to the radio and Matchbox Twenty came on.  He'd never heard it.

"Is this, like, old music?"

"Dude.  It's from 1997."

"So 30 years ago?  Yeah.  That's old."

My mind did a double-take.  I told him it was 10 years ago, don't care what he thinks.  His math is wrong.  All wrong.  1980?  20 years ago.  1993?  11 years ago. 

🤣🤣🤣

The millennium broke us. I will admit, however, that I am annoyed by every radio station playing “best of the 80s, 90s, and “today.”  

Also, that appears to be code for mostly 80’s with some of the last year.  Is it too much to ask for a 90’s alternative station?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_4979.jpeg

something kind of similar happened the last time I supervised a playdate for my first grader. It didn’t involve a turtle, but the poor kid needed emergency dental care. 

The elementary school noted at conferences that both kids had been doing much better since the whole staff had been working to keep the kids apart, both in class and at recess. Apparently they egg each other on to get in trouble. 😳