Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

13 hours ago, TechWife said:

Thanks for explaining about the batteries @kbutton and @Tap. I had no idea. The only hand power tool we have is a drill. It’s orange & the same brand as our hands vac. The brand sounds like two last names, but I have no idea what it is at the moment. The batteries aren’t interchangeable so that never would have occurred to me! You can tell we don’t do a lot of work around the house. I can repair minor stuff but neither one of us would try to build something.😀

Black and Decker?

We used to have some financial advisors whose names were . . . . Black and Decker.

2 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

IMG_5420.jpeg

This hits close to home. There are a lot of dead bodies on that mountain.

dh's schoolmate (and dsil's 1st cousin once removed) - summited Everest.   After a previous failed attempt, he gave a talk about his experiences.  From the humor of going for a run in China and basically waving at the Chinese police assigned to watch him. (they weren't going to keep up), to the tossing a shoe on the floor in Nepal so the cockroaches would scatter, to watching a teammate slide 1000ft down a glacier before falling to her death knowing there was absolutely nothing they could do for her.  She had been rated as the best female climber in the world.  Not known if it was a mistake (I looked it up - they were at 26K feet, but above 15K ft lack of oxygen easily leads to mistakes), or equipment failure that led to her death.    

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Sad 5

On 1/4/2024 at 9:00 PM, kbutton said:

It’s a battery thing. Since the advent of rechargeable took batteries that can power a suite of tools, you kinda have to choose a brand.

DS spent a lot of thought in his brand. He’s not a dad, but he started collecting tools as a young teen.

That was what I thought of immediately, too. My DH has all DeWalt, because once you start buying you want to get all one kind that share batteries, and that was what he bought first. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

Okay, this isn’t funny; there’s a real likelihood this is how humanity ends.  

IMG_4617.jpeg

Oh, that's not ok. Did we learn nothing from covid? Do not introduce the weird new thing into the population!

• Like 2