Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

1 hour ago, historically accurate said:

I may have to get the skateboarding T-Rex & gnomes. I've always loved the T-Rex eating the gnomes, but my 80+ yo next door neighbor loves garden gnomes, and I'm afraid I would offend her/hurt her feelings if I displayed it. But the skateboarding one is cool enough and not offensive to her garden gnomes LOL.

I have a neighbor who has a lot of gnomes - I would have the same concern.  Don't want to offend them.

What I'm really looking for is a flat metal bear. a big one, not one of these little things . . . I've found a few in the 3 - 4' long range.  we have a 'dry' waterfall on a slope with salmon. (fixing the lights on the fish, and cleaning it up is on my list) it really needs a bear at the top.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

What I'm really looking for is a flat metal bear. a big one, not one of these little things . . .

Are you looking for a silhouette? Because you might be able to find a metal business in the area that would do it. I have no idea how the price would compare. We happened into a situation like that a number of years ago and I ended up really satisfied.

• Like 1

Just now, Miss Tick said:

Are you looking for a silhouette? Because you might be able to find a metal business in the area that would do it. I have no idea how the price would compare. We happened into a situation like that a number of years ago and I ended up really satisfied.

yeah.

hadn't thought about looking at metal workers here.  Not sure how to find one . . . 

I have found a few that would work (some with modification, like bolting something to be able to attach stakes) - I even found a family (mama and two cubs). . .

2 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

hadn't thought about looking at metal workers here.  Not sure how to find one . . . 

Well, I don't know how much effort you want to put into it, particularly if you have found something you like, but you could ask any general contractor you've liked (that was my situation) or search for a sheet metal company in your area and see if they can do it or recommend somebody. But if you've already found something then that sounds easiest. Looking forward to pictures!

• Like 1

Screenshot-2023-04-17-231342.jpg

Full disclosure: I took my kid to the right hospital at the right time (sort of--it started pouring when we were on the highway, so I was a little late) today, but I totally waited in the wrong place for the wrong service, lol! He's had so many appointments this year that I just spaced out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

image.jpeg.f315a037e506ac8a8c132ee262f5b694.jpeg

I have multiple stashes of "decoy scissors" - including in the drawer next to the *SCISSORS*.  (my family knows death will be paying them a visit if they use my *SCISSORS*).

Of course, I hardly ever do any sewing anymore (fabric stores here only have quilt, home decor, and costume fabrics.), but still - don't touch my ginghers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kbutton said:

Screenshot-2023-04-17-231342.jpg

Full disclosure: I took my kid to the right hospital at the right time (sort of--it started pouring when we were on the highway, so I was a little late) today, but I totally waited in the wrong place for the wrong service, lol! He's had so many appointments this year that I just spaced out.

I forgot to take my dog to the groomers. I drove half way there before I realised.

Another time I took my dog to the groomers, went to visit my mum, then drove home without the dog.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

image.jpeg.f315a037e506ac8a8c132ee262f5b694.jpeg

Not decoy but I have several pairs of left handed scissors in various drawers. I marked them with a K and told my guys they're lefty scissors. They grab them anyway and it's a little funny to watch them struggle when cutting until they realize what ones they have. That was me all through school only I didn't have the option to put them back and get ones made for lefties. Sometimes a classroom had one pair but not always. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, heartlikealion said:

Most pens are blue or black so wouldn’t they turn the same color as one another, if any new color at all? I get that it’s supposed to be funny because of the punchline but this part confuses me. 

I assume that different brands might use different ratios of pigments to make up the blue/black and this they would look different when broken down and spread by the water or alcohol.

Edited by Emba
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1