Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

This isn’t a joke or meme, but I made this sign for my husband’s bone marrow transplant today, and it made me giggle every time I looked at it. 😂 (I just whipped it together using the yard sale template on Pages, a “borrowed” google image of stem cells, and then I free-handed the derp faces.)66C25091-5812-4486-91A2-D5402EE6E50B.thumb.jpeg.90dea306566c6260f284670c51464619.jpeg

• Like 39
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

This isn’t a joke or meme, but I made this sign for my husband’s bone marrow transplant today, and it made me giggle every time I looked at it. 😂 (I just whipped it together using the yard sale template on Pages, a “borrowed” google image of stem cells, and then I free-handed the derp faces.)66C25091-5812-4486-91A2-D5402EE6E50B.thumb.jpeg.90dea306566c6260f284670c51464619.jpeg

This is so adorable. Prayers for a successful transplant and easy recovery.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

77540B6C-8795-4273-9A24-B02C5B9040BB.jpeg

I don't know about your cats - but mine wouldn't eat it.  He loves to kill mice - but just to admire them after he's played with them.  he doesn't drink milk/cream.   (I've offered a number of times - he might have three or four licks.  That's it.- give him fresh meat in tiny pieces, and he's on board.)

1 minute ago, gardenmom5 said:

I don't know about your cats - but mine wouldn't eat it.  He loves to kill mice - but just to admire them after he's played with them.  he doesn't drink milk/cream.   (I've offered a number of times - he might have three or four licks.  That's it.- give him fresh meat in tiny pieces, and he's on board.)

Most cats are lactose intolerant. I have always wondered why people are so stuck on the “cat with a bowl of cream “ idea. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Most cats are lactose intolerant. I have always wondered why people are so stuck on the “cat with a bowl of cream “ idea. 

I've had a number of cats that loved dairy.  Not saying it was good for them, but they really liked it.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

They're always portrayed that way in entertainment.  Maybe there are cats that still drink it.

Chicken doesn't agree with 1dd's dogs - they'll still wolf it down if given the chance.

• Like 1

Not a meme but a really funny story from Steve Greig, who rescues lots of senior dogs with special needs that no one else wants. He is also a really funny writer and has a popular Instagram account where he posts about all of his animals. (There was a really sweet article about him in the New Yorker last month.) 

Anyway, here is the story he posted on Instagram this morning:

wolfgang2242 I'm going to preface this post by saying I can be kind of a messy eater. Not like disgusting, no manners, but I always seem to be in a hurry, even when I'm eating, so... it can be a little messy. OK, now to the point of this story. Mrs. Woolworth had her spay surgery a few days ago and everything went very well. She was on pain killers for a couple days so she slept a lot. The day I picked her up from surgery a friend came over for drinks and we ordered some Mexican food. (Oh, I also need to mention that Mrs. Woolworth has very black eyes, solid little black eyes like two shiny buttons or pieces of coal. I promise I'm going to tie this all together soon.)

So, I'm sitting at the table eating my Mexican food, talking to my friend and holding Mrs. Woolworth on my lap while she slept. At one point I looked down at her and she had finally opened one of her sleepy, little eyes, so I gently stroked the side of her head when much to my horror, her eyeball slid down her face and onto my lap. I of course screamed like a man (read twelve-year-old girl) until I realized she was still fast asleep and the eyeball on my lap was nothing more than one of the black beans from my burrito bowl that had dropped off my fork, directly on to her face, EXACTLY where her eye was. I'm telling you it could not have been more perfectly placed had George Lucas's special effects team from the Star Wars franchise positioned it after hours of research, logistical discussions and rehearsed re-creations from computerized models. Mrs. Woolworth bean eye would have definitely won an Academy award for achievement in special effects. And I certainly would have been nominated for best scream by a male in the overacting category. 

Mrs. Woolworth woke up a little later, both eyes still intact, slightly confused about the twelve-year-old hysterical girl that had permeated her dreams. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 9.44.30 AM.png

Edited by Corraleno
  • Haha 19