Jokes & memes

Katy

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

I'm sorry for those of you who dealing with that winter storm this weekend but this is me.

271994730_460120165670704_2963310223530469199_n.jpg

Yup. This is plenty cold enough. Went outside to take the dogs out this morning in the 42F weather and saw two neighbors in the same outfit i had on - a robe with cartoon pajama pants sticking out the bottom, and flip flops. I guess that's the Florida winter wardrobe, lol!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Just now, ktgrok said:

Yup. This is plenty cold enough. Went outside to take the dogs out this morning in the 42F weather and saw two neighbors in the same outfit i had on - a robe with cartoon pajama pants sticking out the bottom, and flip flops. I guess that's the Florida winter wardrobe, lol!

I went out this morning (same temp) to take the sheets off my plants and let them get the day's sun before covering them again. A jogger went by in shorts while I was out there! When I told dh said "must be a recent northern transplant" lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Terabith said:

14776A78-2B10-4D93-9529-54A013E08898.jpeg

In their defense, those weird primates will clear other plants from a large area of land to ensure it's exclusively for your use and even chase other creatures away if they want a taste.

Not me, though. I have no use for hellmouth.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Terabith said:

A054CD6E-0449-4F50-B2E8-65113363E98D.jpeg

I hope that isn't a real server room.  Please tell me that was staged.   I can see my dd crying already, before she whips it into shape and makes miserable whomsoever left it in such a state.

12 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

I'm sorry for those of you who dealing with that winter storm this weekend but this is me.

271994730_460120165670704_2963310223530469199_n.jpg

Years ago, mil was telling dh all about her new snowblower.  Dh responded: What's a snowblower?

See the source image

See the source image

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Baseballandhockey said:

I am hoping @ktgrok will come tell us if they have iguana days like we have snow days.  Gotta protect those kids at the bus stop from falling iguanas!

While this invasive species has been spotted in Central Florida (where ktgrok and I live) they're mostly still in South Florida. They're horrible in some areas - you can barely walk on certain piers because they're everywhere. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Terabith said:

222C4E6C-B0E0-42A4-9540-517781064409.jpeg

So, I know a man who was working at a US consulate in Latin America, interviewing people for visas. A woman  with a baby came in seeking a visa to the US; I'm not sure of the exact details, but the baby had a claim to US citizenship (maybe through the father) and the mother was probably seeking a visa as close family of a US citizen. Anyway, the consular officer didn't doubt the baby's claim but was skeptical that this woman was really the child's mother--he thought she looked too old and was maybe the grandmother. When he questioned her on this, she whipped out her breast and squirted milk straight onto the glass window in between herself and the interviewer.

She got her visa. And was maybe fortunate that the consular officer had a breastfeeding wife at home and wasn't shocked...at least, not too shocked 😂

• Haha 19

7 hours ago, Slache said:

I don't understand.

I think it is like (my understanding of) the movie Don't Look Up. No This scientist has traveled back in time to warn people of something terrible coming (asteroid, plague, Elon Musk elected president, whatever) and they already know about it and can't be troubled to do anything about it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Negin said:

31.jpg

I did some shopping at World Market this past Christmas. It's not someplace I regularly shop, but they had what I needed, they offered a discount at purchase, and I knew I would be returning again before Christmas. I was invited to join their rewards program and if I allowed them to text me, I would receive benefits. And I was assured they only send out a couple of texts/emails each month. I figured since it was Dec there would be more texts/emails than the rest of the month, but getting one each day was a bit much. And it didn't decrease after Christmas. I'm now been removed from both their texting program and email. The quantity of emails/texts I received was totally annoying! (And, come to think about it, I think my spam texts increased significantly once they had my phone number. Never again!)

• Like 1