Menu

20 in 20 for 2020 Day 7!

Slache

Done! Walked 3.44 miles (and my blister is FINALLY getting better!). Did arm work.

Reporting in this thread has been really good for me regarding the arm work - I get back from a walk, go to post that I'm finished with today's workout, and then remember that I'm supposed to do arms, too, lol.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My husband offered to drive us somewhere to walk today, and I gratefully accepted that. We went to an area nearby that has a nice walking trail that loops around a lake. We walked about 2 miles, so I'm calling that a check mark for the day. I'm within 100 steps of my minimum for the day. 

Before we left, I did about 10 minutes on the bike; I'll need to make up the remaining 20 at some point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 for 7. I finally had a rain walk. It was lightly sprinkling when I left the house so I grabbed my rain jacket. Then it dumped on me the last quarter mile. That's all right--we need to get our rainy season going. My college kid has been doing the challenge too, but she doesn't walk with me. She's usually out after lunch while I go out after school. But we both like to take the dog (she'll gladly accept as many walks as she can get). Today I was heading out at her regular time. She did not want to join me and she did not want me taking the dog! That's okay--I don't mind a solo caper.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tropical Storm Eta will stay well away from East Central Florida but it's still affecting our weather. Today was really humid thanks to the storm so I didn't want to walk outdoors. After missing yesterday completely, today I did a Leslie Sansone 3 mile strength walk. Google Fit doesn't count indoor walking steps since it counts based on your stride, and it doesn't have "workout video" as a choice so I always choose "other". It says I walked 1.49 miles while doing the 3 mile walk video. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Every 2 weeks, I go to the beach on Saturday to walk. So, today, I walked 3 miles on sand. The winds were very strong and the waves were turbulent, so, no surfers were around and hence I could find parking easily this time. There were lots of young families with small children and dogs on the sand.

20378F78-A4FF-4E07-B372-8A61B2E62C39.jpeg

E28CB754-8793-4733-A849-3D04039A4E91.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Okay, a little honesty. I did .15 miles the first day, then .35 miles the second day. Then my seizures came back and I became really sick and I haven't walked since then. I just did .15 miles and I'm going to try and do .15 miles again tomorrow. There's no possible way I can make 20 miles by the 20th, but I can try to establish a daily walking habit, even if it's not even a quarter of a mile.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, mathnerd said:

Every 2 weeks, I go to the beach on Saturday to walk. So, today, I walked 3 miles on sand. The winds were very strong and the waves were turbulent, so, no surfers were around and hence I could find parking easily this time. There were lots of young families with small children and dogs on the sand.

20378F78-A4FF-4E07-B372-8A61B2E62C39.jpeg

E28CB754-8793-4733-A849-3D04039A4E91.jpeg

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing beach pictures. Always share beach pictures!

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

Okay, a little honesty. I did .15 miles the first day, then .35 miles the second day. Then my seizures came back and I became really sick and I haven't walked since then. I just did .15 miles and I'm going to try and do .15 miles again tomorrow. There's no possible way I can make 20 miles by the 20th, but I can try to establish a daily walking habit, even if it's not even a quarter of a mile.

You do what you can do--it's all worthwhile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm so sorry about the seizures. 🙁 I think establishing a habit is a great goal.

@Junie Rest is good if that's what your body needs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rest day today. 

@Slache.  You do what you can do and that is all anyone can expect.  To me establishing the habit is more important than just checking off 20 miles and then moving on and not exercising again (or not regularly).  I am proud of you.  I am also very sorry about the seizures.  Take care of yourself and know we are rooting for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

Tropical Storm Eta will stay well away from East Central Florida but it's still affecting our weather. Today was really humid thanks to the storm so I didn't want to walk outdoors. After missing yesterday completely, today I did a Leslie Sansone 3 mile strength walk. Google Fit doesn't count indoor walking steps since it counts based on your stride, and it doesn't have "workout video" as a choice so I always choose "other". It says I walked 1.49 miles while doing the 3 mile walk video. 

I always choose "dance" since that seems the closest, but not sure that's an option on yours. 

And yeah, weather was meh today. 

• Like 1

I got my but kicked by a new yoga workout, and then was all distracted by the election stuff, so instead of the normal 15 minute 1 mile Leslie Sansone video I squeezed in the 10 minute Fast Walk video...probably not a full mile, but I also did the cool down after so that added some steps and the other day I did 1.25 miles, so it all evens out 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Slache said:

@Slache, take care of yourself. I am so sorry about the seizures. I hope that you feel better. 

You are awesome to try to establish habits in spite of having so much on your plate. I am rooting for you.

• Like 3