Menu

Further adventures of the monolith

Terabith

10 minutes ago, Terabith said:

It has a light on top of it now!  

I guess it's possible that the monolith is actually a base for a lighthouse.  

I have yet to see it illuminated, but progress has been made!

Maybe it's a beacon to signal the Mothership.

• Like 8
  • Haha 17

The mothership, originally: "Only light the beacon in the direst of emergencies. We want this study of human civilization to be thorough and expect it to last years. Don't even finish assembly unless you think it's the end of the world."

Neighbor: "I am the greatest Ubarlistkajaban scientist to have ever lived. I will not fail in my mission."

Narrator: "Then, 2020 happened."

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, Moonhawk said:

The mothership, originally: "Only light the beacon in the direst of emergencies. We want this study of human civilization to be thorough and expect it to last years. Don't even finish assembly unless you think it's the end of the world."

Neighbor: "I am the greatest Ubarlistkajaban scientist to have ever lived. I will not fail in my mission."

Narrator: "Then, 2020 happened."

“Abort! Abort!” 

😄

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Terabith said:

We are currently experiencing a monsoon.  It makes it awkward to go for a casual stroll and take pictures.  

You think you can count on someone, and then they just refuse to go strolling through a monsoon to take monolith pics for you. 😒

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

1 minute ago, purpleowl said:

You think you can count on someone, and then they just refuse to go strolling through a monsoon to take monolith pics for you. 😒

It's supposed to rain for the next FIVE days.  When there's a break, I'll venture out.  I haven't seen it lit at night, or I'd definitely stop, rain or no.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, purpleowl said:

Some people only think about keeping themselves dry and not those of us trying to explain the hilarity to our nonplused husbands without a visual aid!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Pen said:

My first thought too!

but now hearing about monsoon, I think it may have to do with ark guidance

..... [ 50 posts later] :

".....and so that's PROOF that the mothership is the ark, the lighthouse is a beacon built by the Illuminati (Lighthouse = ILLUM-inati!, who else would be so brazen?!), NOT the aliens themselves, as a trap for the Romulans, and the "monsoons" is code for the beginning of the uprising of the lizard people! 
QED"

image.thumb.png.d1c1da819b2496443cbbb8fd7b132177.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Momto6inIN said:

Truth be told, I'm a little let down that it seems to be ... just a really big lighthouse. Not nearly cult-like enough.

*sigh*

But thanks for taking the picture! 😊

Yeah, I'm like....I've been following this for a year for...a LIGHTHOUSE???  That seems super anti-climatic.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

I don't know what kind of light I was hoping for, but...a "just a lighthouse" light wasn't it. Hmph. 

But, OP, you did manage to get a picture. So, if you need some virtual cookies, LMK. I'd even take a picture of the rhubarb cookies I want to try with the kids sometime soon, so they wouldn't be just any old cookies. (Disclaimer: Making cookies with 4 kids under 10 means they don't always turn out pretty, but they consistently get eaten.)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, barnwife said:

I don't know what kind of light I was hoping for, but...a "just a lighthouse" light wasn't it. Hmph. 

But, OP, you did manage to get a picture. So, if you need some virtual cookies, LMK. I'd even take a picture of the rhubarb cookies I want to try with the kids sometime soon, so they wouldn't be just any old cookies. (Disclaimer: Making cookies with 4 kids under 10 means they don't always turn out pretty, but they consistently get eaten.)

I long ago decided that there is an inverse correlation between how pretty a dessert is and how delicious it is.  This is probably self defense on my part, since my cakes are always horrifically ugly.  Virtual rhubarb cookies sound interesting!  

4 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I long ago decided that there is an inverse correlation between how pretty a dessert is and how delicious it is.  This is probably self defense on my part, since my cakes are always horrifically ugly.  Virtual rhubarb cookies sound interesting!  

Mostly I want to make them because we have a ton of rhubarb. And pinterest suggested the recipe. And since basically every single day in our weather forecast calls for at least some rain, it seems like a good time to try a new recipe. Add in the fact that this baby seems underappreciative of sweet things, and rhubarb cookies just seem like the thing to do.

• Like 1

Just now, barnwife said:

Mostly I want to make them because we have a ton of rhubarb. And pinterest suggested the recipe. And since basically every single day in our weather forecast calls for at least some rain, it seems like a good time to try a new recipe. Add in the fact that this baby seems underappreciative of sweet things, and rhubarb cookies just seem like the thing to do.

Random question:  Did the baby have thrush?  My oldest had thrush after antibiotics in the NICU and hated sweet stuff till they were about four.  But then my MIL got thrush as an adult, and it changed her taste and she's permanently given up sugar.  

4 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Random question:  Did the baby have thrush?  My oldest had thrush after antibiotics in the NICU and hated sweet stuff till they were about four.  But then my MIL got thrush as an adult, and it changed her taste and she's permanently given up sugar.  

Well, no, because this one is still an in-utero baby (3 more months, 3 more months, I can do this, it's only 3 more months). But...our oldest wasn't a particular fan of sweets as a toddler. He also had multiple bouts of thrush. Now you've got me wondering if there was a connection!

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 4:07 PM, Terabith said:

It's supposed to rain for the next FIVE days.  When there's a break, I'll venture out.  I haven't seen it lit at night, or I'd definitely stop, rain or no.  

I think you should suit up and sneak out at midnight. This will make for a nice picture with the monolith lit up against a dark sky.

Okay, I just saw the pic. Thank you. I know what it is now. It is a lighthouse and the boy holding the ball is the patron saint of all souls lost at sea. He is a young Maturinus...holding his favorite ball.

Edited by Liz CA