covid19 memes

gardenmom5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, PrincessMommy said:

alone.jpg

I don't like this one.  I could imagine a scenario where I leave my mask on in the car.  For example, needing to stop at the pharmacy on the way home from grocery shopping.  If my mask is placed well and not fogging my glasses I'd probably just keep it on.   I know this is meant to be funny but knowing people might judge me makes me sad.

Eta:  Irl, if I were chatting with someone or a friend posted this I'd say/post the same thing.  Some people probably do think a mask in the car is stupid until someone says "no, there are possible reasons".  Here on the Chat Board I felt free to chat but apparently was supposed to scroll on by.  I'm case there was confusion, I don't think this should be taken down or anything.

Edited by happi duck
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, happi duck said:

I don't like this one.  I could imagine a scenario where I leave my mask on in the car.  For example, needing to stop at the pharmacy on the way home from grocery shopping.  If my mask is placed well and not fogging my glasses I'd probably just keep it on.   I know this is meant to be funny but knowing people might judge me makes me sad.

I don’t like every meme posted here but that’s ok. If we only post memes that every person likes, we will post zero memes. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, happi duck said:

I absolutely hate wearing a mask. I hyperventilate after a short time, it's hot, I have sensory overload with it touching me and can't see the things around me. I would never leave it on for a second longer than necessary and I can't imagine another perspective or someone leaving it on by choice. They're awful. I imagine the meme comes from people like me, not understanding your perspective. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, happi duck said:

I have Rx sunglasses that I wear while driving, and if I'm not going into a store for long, I don't bother switching to my regular glasses. I bet some people think the same about me when I do this.

I think part of this stems from people complaining that they have to wear masks all the time--I do know some people who are truly confused about when to wear them. I have some friends/kids of friends that have lower IQs, and memes about people not being bright bother me in ways they wouldn't have years ago. I saw one today about people being dropped on their heads as kids, and it shows. I have a second cousin who fits that scenario, so it's not so funny. 

Hugs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Slache said:

I absolutely hate wearing a mask. I hyperventilate after a short time, it's hot, I have sensory overload with it touching me and can't see the things around me. I would never leave it on for a second longer than necessary and I can't imagine another perspective or someone leaving it on by choice. They're awful. I imagine the meme comes from people like me, not understanding your perspective. 

Seems appropriate meme :

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 11.26.43 AM.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

4 hours ago, sassenach said:

I don’t like every meme posted here but that’s ok. If we only post memes that every person likes, we will post zero memes. 

Exactly. There are many memes that I may not like. We don't have to say so. I just scroll on by. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, happi duck said:

I knowing people might judge me makes me sad.

I recall once years ago, hearing something along the lines of: if you knew how little time people spend thinking about you, you wouldn't worry so much about what they're thinking.

I've been listening to podcasts on how to overcome social anxiety.  #1 - stop being so concerned about what other people think.

If you wear a mask in your car - so what.  if you don't wear a mask in your car - so what.  if someone judges you for _not/wearing__ - they need to get a life as they would seem to have too much free time on their hands.

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

I recall once years ago, hearing something along the lines of: if you knew how little time people spend thinking about you, you wouldn't worry so much about what they're thinking.

So much truth. I was told once to recall something embarrassing I did, then to recall something embarrassing that someone else did, but I couldn't. I never forgot that.

• Like 7