Menu

covid19 memes

gardenmom5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

this is me.  I was supposed to be flying out on Saturday to go to my dd's.  oh, who are we fooling - it's my grandson I want to see.

I don't have grandkids, but I have parented my kids without grandparents near. They miss you too! I am so thankful we were able to see my family just before everything shut down. 

2 hours ago, kbutton said:

I don't have grandkids, but I have parented my kids without grandparents near. They miss you too! I am so thankful we were able to see my family just before everything shut down. 

He's 19mos, and doesn't really trust me.  I didn't get too close to him at Christmas.  I'm hoping to spend some time with just him before the new baby comes.  I'll look at going late summer, and hopefully that will work.   though Texas is hot then . . . . .  

dd was supposed to be going to Switzerland for a wedding and I was going to stay and help her dh with the baby.  (with a few days either side to spend with her.)

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

He's 19mos, and doesn't really trust me.  I didn't get too close to him at Christmas.  I'm hoping to spend some time with just him before the new baby comes.  I'll look at going late summer, and hopefully that will work.   though Texas is hot then . . . . .  

dd was supposed to be going to Switzerland for a wedding and I was going to stay and help her dh with the baby.  (with a few days either side to spend with her.)

I am sure your DD and her DH would rather have you come than not, and I hope you get to go bond with him this summer! 

23 minutes ago, kbutton said:

I am sure your DD and her DH would rather have you come than not, and I hope you get to go bond with him this summer! 

it's not wanting to risk me being in an airport, and on an airplane with people who aren't taking this seriously.  that's why I cancelled.   I'm hoping things will be better to go late summer.  Then I can go when the baby comes too.  ;D

• Like 1

Just now, gardenmom5 said:

it's not wanting to risk me being in an airport, and on an airplane with people who aren't taking this seriously.  that's why I cancelled.   I'm hoping things will be better to go late summer.  Then I can go when the baby comes too.  ;D

I am just trying to say that I think they probably wish you could come as much as you wish you could go, even if the little one is at a skeptical age. 🙂 I wouldn't travel like that now either! 

12 minutes ago, kbutton said:

I am just trying to say that I think they probably wish you could come as much as you wish you could go, even if the little one is at a skeptical age. 🙂 I wouldn't travel like that now either! 

dd was disappointed.  I really like my dsil.  they're a very good match.  He was really excited I was coming to help when dd was supposed to be gone.

• Like 2