Menu

covid19 memes

gardenmom5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Slache said:

Are there aliens now? Is this the new thing? What did I miss? Are they like green and proby or like Thor with the gorgeous blue eyes, because my these factor into my level of fear.

Yes, the Pentagon released something... but I really do have 0 interest.  LOL.. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/politics/pentagon-ufo-videos/index.html

• Like 2

On 4/27/2020 at 10:26 PM, gardenmom5 said:

ebay.  I like ordering in lots - not $5 or even $18 for ONE rhizome!. (plus shipping)  I get vintage ones that way.   One person, to "thank me" for buying from them, included a lone iris of a completely different type . . . . it's sitting by it's lonesome, finally going to bloom this year.  I think it doesn't like where it is.  it's yellow . .  . . I'm ready to put it with the dark purple ones dh wanted.  husky colors - purple and gold.

it started when I decided I wanted some irises like the ones my mom had growing up. - so I knew it had to be early 60s or probably earlier.   but the newish owners had remodeled and ripped out them out.  so, I had to guess.    My first attempt was definitely wrong.  (pleasant enough - but bland.)  so I ordered more.  (alcazar)  and then I ordered more.    I have one I found in a vacant lot across the street 30+ years ago (pretty sure it's indian chief). extremely hardy and vigorous, but not quite what I want.  I've given so many to my daughter (I just ripped out a clump that was competing with rugosas) - and I still have multiple clumps that need to be thinned.

this time, I ordered one because it's pretty.  Looks a lot like acacia rose - but it was unnamed. (  she was selling in lots).

so - I have several varieties that are in the 100 years old range.

Awww, I love irises. My dad ordered my mom every iris in the "special" catalog one year. She was so surprised and the house was surrounded in irises the next year. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

Last week, I put on a pair of jeans for the first time in over a month. 😲 Told DH that I need to schedule a weekly "jean check" so I can keep myself on track. #theyweresnug

I'm dreading trying mine on. I know that they won't fit. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, klmama said:

I've regained about half the weight I lost over the past year.  On the positive side, I still had the larger jeans.  

I have clothes in all sorts of sizes in order to accommodate my crazy fluctuations. Very soon however, I don't think that I'll fit into even the largest sizes. I can't focus on weight right now. Neither do I want to. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Negin said:

i128.jpg

This totally parallels me with my kids. 😂😂

Then: Get off the computer, learn something that will serve you for life!

Now: Before you go online to lead your scout meeting, could you please show me again how to share a Google doc while I'm on a Skype call?

• Like 5
  • Haha 8