Menu

Favorite Water Bottle with no straw?

Tenaj

I'm shopping.  My plastic Contigo with a straw/flip top has a perpetual mold problem (YUCK!).  I need to replace it but want something without a straw or complicated mechanism that needs cleaned all the time.  I have a stainless steel Contigo with the Auto-Seal top that I love but use it mainly for tea so want something else for water.  I like the idea of the insulated stainless steel so it would stay cold for at least a bit.  Bonus points if it comes in pretty designs 🙂

Any recommendations?

I love the 22oz Sipp (also made by Thermos) hydration bottle.  It can be flipped open with one hand  (don't have to screw top off) and closed up tight the same way. No straw, easy to clean. Lightweight non BPA plastic.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Ounce-Tritan-Hydration-Bottle/dp/B004VFHKNU/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr2_1?keywords=sippy+22+oz+hydration&qid=1558037617&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr2

ETA: I missed that you prefer the insulated stainless. The bottle I mentioned above also comes in insulated stainless; it just weighs a bit more and holds a bit less (17 oz). But you might prefer it... same top, one hand open/close, no straw. 

https://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Vacuum-Insulated-Stainless-Hydration/dp/B003PGRU4A/ref=mp_s_a_1_27?keywords=thermos+insulated+hydration+bottle&qid=1558038458&s=gateway&sr=8-27

Edited by Matryoshka
  • Like 1

I LOVE my Zojirushi. It keeps things cold for a long time and it locks closed so no accidental spills. Easy to clean and most of all slim. I have small hands. 

https://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-SM-KHE48AG-Stainless-Steel-16-Ounce/dp/B005PO9T44/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1HSFOA3I5PUMA&keywords=zojirushi+thermos&qid=1558050283&s=gateway&sprefix=Zoji%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-2

• Like 2

For the Yeti-style ones, like steel tumblers but water bottles, I haven't found any great difference between brands. They all work extremely well and keep liquids cold for hours even without ice, so I just buy the style I like when I see a pretty design. The style I like is mostly 'more like a disposable water bottle and less like I'm trekking through the desert.'  If you have a Tuesday Morning near you, they often have them at a good price. The widest selection I've found is at gift shops - that's possibly not the right title but that's what we call them, stores that specialize in specialty and locally themed items. And water bottles, apparently. 

7 hours ago, klmama said:

Why not get another Contigo Auto-Seal, since you already know you like it?  Just choose a different color for water.  

This is what I do, except I have two stainless steel Contigos. The color eventually flakes or scratches off of the colored ones, which kind of bugs me. I have one for coffee and one for water. For me nothing works anywhere near as well as Contigo Auto Seal. I love how long they keep things hot or cold, and I'm often klutzy. I really need that totally non-spillable yet so easy-to-use lid. I love that I don't have to remove a lid to drink (and then juggle/keep up with it) and that there's no annoying flip up lid to hit me in the face or obstruct my vision every time I take a sip.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, klmama said:

Why not get another Contigo Auto-Seal, since you already know you like it?  Just choose a different color for water.  

A "duh" moment for me - lol!  Why not?  I have no idea except that I've always had two different styles of bottles one for hot and one for cold.  Now I feel stupid 😀

I have one like this, Bear Grylls Triple Vacuum Insulated.  Keeps stuff hot for 12 hours, or cold for 24 hours!  (at least, that's the claim.  I haven't tested it.

https://smile.amazon.com/Bear-Grylls-Triple-Vacuum-Insulated/dp/B0755LMTLD/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3BEINMIXY776X&keywords=bear%2Bgrylls%2Bwater%2Bbottle&qid=1558327150&s=gateway&sprefix=bear%2Bgrylls%2Caps%2C211&sr=8-1-spons&th=1

• Like 1