• July
    • August
    • Sept
    • Oct
    • Nov
    • Dec

Just curious. 

I have been reading that the least birthday months are Feb and then April

The highest number of births are Aug and Sept, with Sept. 9th being the most common birthday in the USA.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 1

My birthday is March 31 so almost an April baby. My kids have birthdays in January, April, May, June and July. Dh is in January as well.

My bio dad's birthday is September 9th lol that is too funny about it being the most common birthday. So his birthday was 9-9, his older sister's birthday was 4-4 and his mother's birthday was 2-2. All by coincidence, far too long ago to really try for designer birthdays like they do nowadays.

Our family has birthdays in July, July, September, October, and December.

ETA:  Those 2 July birthdays are not a fun time for me because I am hosting 2 parties 5 days apart.  Once they grow up, it will be fine.

Edited by hellen

dh is the only august bd in our family incl dsil (eight people).   we have 2 january, 2 may, 1 july, 1 aug, 1 oct. 1 nov.   grandbaby is due in sept.

out of curiosity - I went and looked up my grandmother and her sisters.  there were ten girls total.   so - 12 people (parents incl).  out of all of them - there were  1 august, and 1 sept. but  2 in feb and 2 in nov.

In our family, we have Jan, Feb, Sep, Oct, and Dec.

ETA: In the extended family, there are 2 cousins (of 6) and 1 stepbrother (of 2) that also have Sep bdays. The other cousins/brothers are 2 in March, 1 in Apr, 1 in Jan, and one in June. Add in the grown-ups and there are 2 more Sep, 1 May and 1 Aug. 

So, for our family/our sibling's families, September is the most common and would seem to back up the stats you've read about.

Edited by TheReader

20 hours ago, whitehawk said:

February should have the fewest just because it has the fewest days.

Our "party season" is Nov./Dec./Jan. However, the Nov. preemie should've been born in late Dec. or early Jan.,  and the Jan. preemie should've been mid-Feb.

Lol. Our party season is Oct./Nov./Dec. Our December baby was due late January.  5/7 family members have birthdays during this three month period. The other two are in June and August. After Christmas it’s good to know we’re done with major celebrations until June. Conveniently I always forget about Easter in the spring until a couple of weeks before the holiday. 

• Like 1

Interesting. 

In my extended family and close friends circle, only one person has a birthday from August 1 through September 30.  (That birthday is in fact September 30.)

I have no close people born in February, but a couple step nephews were born in April.

For my crowd, October, January, and May seem most popular birth months.

On 8/11/2018 at 3:32 PM, whitehawk said:

February should have the fewest just because it has the fewest days.

Our "party season" is Nov./Dec./Jan. However, the Nov. preemie should've been born in late Dec. or early Jan.,  and the Jan. preemie should've been mid-Feb.

Oh, this brings up an interesting point. 

My Sep preemie should have been Nov; my Dec preemie should have been Jan; and my Feb preemie should have been April. 

• Like 1