Menu

Parenting Accelerated Learners social group

Pegs

I'm the owner, but I have that same message when I click to access the topics. I don't see any option for me to start a new topic there.

...Okay, wait, I was able to start a new "topics" board (look for the one called "Real Topics"), and I could start a thread there. Can some other members check and see if you can respond to that post of mine, and if you can start your own threads in "Real Topics"?

Also, if anyone is interested in joining, please let me know. It's a private group so we can discuss issues related to parenting accelerated learners with a bit more privacy and non-googleability, but I'm happy to add people who request to join. :) 

• Like 3

Okay, this is really weird - now when I go back in there, I can click on the post I made from the "what's new in this group" part, but the "real topics" thing has disappeared as an option. BUT when I do click on the post, it shows up as being part of a completely different club entirely, one I'm not even a member of.

So I'll be happy to share how I'm getting there, but getting there doesn't seem to do much good at the moment!

On my desktop: At the top, under "The Well-Trained Mind Community," there are four tabs, and the first one is Browse. With the Browse tab selected, there are three options under there - Clubs, Forums, and Leaderboard. If I click on Clubs, that takes me to the social groups (I assume clubs is the new name for them). Once I'm there, it has Club Directory as the main focus, but over to the right are "My Clubs," with a list of all clubs I belong to.

On my phone: I click on the menu hamburger on the top right. I choose "Browse." Then I choose "Clubs." I have to scroll down to the bottom to get past the club directory and see the "My Clubs" section.

@desertflower, I'll be happy to add you to the group, but at this point with all the weirdness I'm not even sure if it will work or if I'll add you to some random other group! So I will hold off for now. Once things seem to be working normally again, I'll send you an invite (and if you don't hear from me then, please remind me).

• Like 1

Ack! It disappeared.

I used to be able to see the group at least. I'd go to 'clubs' (to the left of forums under browse). My clubs (previously called social groups) are listed on the right, and new activity in any of them is listed under that.

As of yesterday, they were listed there correctly, but only one was active again since the blackout. The owner of that group seemed to have to start a new topic, like Amanda said, so there are two 'topic' headings to click.

But our AL parenting one now is MIA, for me at least. Can anyone even see it?

Just an update: my other social group that was working well as of yesterday, is now not working either. That second 'topic' heading I was talking about is now gone, and the other won't open. I can see 'recent activity' down the side, but if I click it gives an error.

It's also a private group and I'm sure those members won't want their posts turning up in the wrong groups either.

22 hours ago, purpleowl said:

Okay, this is really weird - now when I go back in there, I can click on the post I made from the "what's new in this group" part, but the "real topics" thing has disappeared as an option. BUT when I do click on the post, it shows up as being part of a completely different club entirely, one I'm not even a member of.

So I'll be happy to share how I'm getting there, but getting there doesn't seem to do much good at the moment!

On my desktop: At the top, under "The Well-Trained Mind Community," there are four tabs, and the first one is Browse. With the Browse tab selected, there are three options under there - Clubs, Forums, and Leaderboard. If I click on Clubs, that takes me to the social groups (I assume clubs is the new name for them). Once I'm there, it has Club Directory as the main focus, but over to the right are "My Clubs," with a list of all clubs I belong to.

On my phone: I click on the menu hamburger on the top right. I choose "Browse." Then I choose "Clubs." I have to scroll down to the bottom to get past the club directory and see the "My Clubs" section.

@desertflower, I'll be happy to add you to the group, but at this point with all the weirdness I'm not even sure if it will work or if I'll add you to some random other group! So I will hold off for now. Once things seem to be working normally again, I'll send you an invite (and if you don't hear from me then, please remind me).

No worries! Thanks for trying. I hope this gets fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just tried again starting a new topic, and this time it seems to have worked and posted it in the correct group.

Next thing is to deal with making sure people have access to it. Right now it's telling me that there are 25 members in the group, but the list of members only includes 3 of us (me, Runningmom80, and silver). So I need to hear from...

1. @Runningmom80 and/or @silver - can you guys access the group?

2. Anyone else who was already part of the group pre-upgrade - can you access the group?

I don't even know where to go on the website to find the group! Can someone please post a link to it as I was a member pre-upgrade? 

On another note, it seems that there are still a lot of issues that they are working on ...

3 hours ago, purpleowl said:

So I just tried again starting a new topic, and this time it seems to have worked and posted it in the correct group.

Next thing is to deal with making sure people have access to it. Right now it's telling me that there are 25 members in the group, but the list of members only includes 3 of us (me, Runningmom80, and silver). So I need to hear from...

1. @Runningmom80 and/or @silver - can you guys access the group?

2. Anyone else who was already part of the group pre-upgrade - can you access the group?

Nope. It no longer shows up in the list of clubs that I’m part of, and I can’t even find the group in the list of clubs available. There were only a few threads there. I wonder if it would be easier to simply start a new group. I’ll be honest, though - now that it doesn’t show up in the listing of sub-forums in my main page, I’m unlikely to ever remember to check in.

16 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Nope. It no longer shows up in the list of clubs that I’m part of, and I can’t even find the group in the list of clubs available. There were only a few threads there. I wonder if it would be easier to simply start a new group. I’ll be honest, though - now that it doesn’t show up in the listing of sub-forums in my main page, I’m unlikely to ever remember to check in.

I had been thinking the same thing, and the old threads (from before the upgrade) were not showing up anyway.

I have just started the creatively titled Parenting Accelerated Learners II and invited (I think) everyone in this thread. If I missed you, let me know. If you had been a member of the group before and want an invitation now, let me know. I have no way of accessing the list of who was in the group before, so you will need to get in touch if you want an invitation!

If you get the invitation but you can't figure out how to get to the group, let me know that too, and we'll see if we can get you there. ?