Menu

Let's have a cyber Friday Happy Hour - drinks and appetizers - what will you bring?

I'll bring cranberry juice and sprite.

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

This is just seasoned shredded chicken, blue cheese dressing and Frank's Hot Sauce --- all to taste. Heat until bubbly. Because I love you all, I'll chop up some celery and sprinkle it over part of the dip. Serve with bagel crisps, crackery things and celery and carrots.

Anyone else?

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

This is just seasoned shredded chicken, blue cheese dressing and Frank's Hot Sauce --- all to taste. Heat until bubbly. Because I love you all, I'll chop up some celery and sprinkle it over part of the dip. Serve with bagel crisps, crackery things and celery and carrots.

Anyone else?

oh.my.gosh. Do you know how good that all sounds? I am tempted to go to the store RIGHT NOW and actually get all that!

Now back to cyberspace - I'll bring some happy pills because I think we all need some of those. And some chocolate.

Let me tell you something right now. I will bring crab cakes and they will be the best anyone on this board has tasted, no matter what a certain poster (Jane) from North Carolina said.

Which, btw was a part of my award-winning, life-altering, "maple syrup" thread, found here.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65419&page=5

In case you were unfortunate enough to miss it.

Edited by Blessedfamily
Reason for editing? Self promotion and grandiosity

O-kaaaay -- I guess I'll share the rest of my jug of apple cider that I rendered hard.

I also have plenty of Halloween candy my younger son collected that I'd like to be rid of - any takers on that? No made in China products....

Then I will bring cinnamon donuts.

Let me tell you something right now. I will bring crab cakes and they will be the best anyone on this board has tasted, no matter what a certain poster (Nancy) from North Carolina said.

Which, btw was a part of my award-winning, life-altering, "maple syrup" thread, found here.

I love crab cakes. Can I have a few to take home?

Anyone bringing triple chocolate brownies?

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

Anyone else?

Bottles of Mike's in a tub of ice..

Let me tell you something right now. I will bring crab cakes and they will be the best anyone on this board has tasted, no matter what a certain poster (Jane) from North Carolina said.

Ahem. Some people participate in Group Hug threads while throwing the gauntlet! No concession with grace, I see.

At the risk of breaking board rules, I will say that the blue crabs of our neighboring blue states fail to see the political boundaries. Given that we both agree that Blue Crab is the stuff of importance in this contentious issue, shall we sign a truce?

Jane the Peace Maker (and crab cake lover)

Ahem. Some people participate in Group Hug threads while throwing the gauntlet! No concession with grace, I see.

At the risk of breaking board rules, I will say that the blue crabs of our neighboring blue states fail to see the political boundaries. Given that we both agree that Blue Crab is the stuff of importance in this contentious issue, shall we sign a truce?

Jane the Peace Maker (and crab cake lover)

Blue state?:svengo: ...... :001_rolleyes: O.K. I'm sorry......And blue crabs are the important thing (along with some old bay seasoning) so I'll accept your white flag.:001_smile:

Blue state?:svengo: ...... :001_rolleyes: O.K. I'm sorry......And blue crabs are the important thing (along with some old bay seasoning) so I'll accept your white flag.:001_smile:

:grouphug:

By the way, the secret to my success with crab cakes (which I shall now reveal to you, my friend) is pressing the formed patties in Panko before I broil them. What is it about Panko? Not just ordinary bread crumbs.

Peace,

Jane

:grouphug:

By the way, the secret to my success with crab cakes (which I shall now reveal to you, my friend) is pressing the formed patties in Panko before I broil them. What is it about Panko? Not just ordinary bread crumbs.

Peace,

Jane

Why, thank ye.

As long as it's not like a Maryland crab cake- 80% bread crumbs, 20% crab meat and they burn them like it's cajun food.

I just know someone from MD is going to get in a huff...:gnorsi:

Then I will bring cinnamon donuts.

state of Minnesota---Tom Thumb donuts from the Minnesota State Fair (which are tiny, hot cinnamon & sugar-covered donuts) and plenty of cheese. I second the idea for the cheese fondue---as long as we have a chocolate fondue! Hey! I have one of those chocolate fountains! There are so many goodies that go well with chocolate!