Menu

What are you watching?

madteaparty

I need some shows for the treadmill bc it's the only way I get on it ;)

I just caught up to the Outlander series (even though I didn't love the books)--I am obsessed with this, and it's achieved something more miraculous than time travel=me on treadmill for an hour or so.

Otherwise, I like the usual, Call the Midwife, Downton Abbey etc. fairly boring. I started that french one Versailles but was not a fan.

I vote for The Grinder on Netflix. Love how Rob Lowe lampoons Hollywood (and himself?). And Fred Savage cracks me up in this show. Only lasted 1 season. 

I also love The IT Crowd. 

Doc Martin!

Some parts of both all 3 of these can be a bit blue, but since it's just for you...

Edited by Angie in VA

I vote for The Grinder on Netflix. Love how Rob Lowe lampoons Hollywood (and himself?). And Fred Savage cracks me up in this show. Only lasted 1 season.

I also love The IT Crowd.

Doc Martin!

Some parts of both of these can be a bit blue, but since it's just for you.

I like all of these. I’m binge-watching 30 Rock since it’s vanishing from Netflix tomorrow. :(

• Like 1

I have only seen one episode and it's probably total trash, but dh, dd18, and I are watching Riverdale.  LOL  I'm ashamed.  :P  IMDB's little blurb about it:  A subversive take on Archie and his friends, exploring small town life, the darkness and weirdness bubbling beneath Riverdale's wholesome facade. 

Parks and Rec gets sooo much better after season one!

I liked Riverdale...Archie and the gang meet Twin Peaks! What's not to love!

I don't know what's on what service but have really liked Grantchester. Broadchurch is intense but great. I especially liked series one and three.

Exercising to tv sounds like a good idea!

Edited by happi duck

Hulu

The Good Place

The Orville

Bess of Both Worlds

Will and Grace

Netflix

Dark Matter

Amazon

Salvation

HBO

The Leftovers 

and basically treading water until Westworld season 2 comes out

CBS All Access

Discovery

The Big Bang Theory

Acorn

Vera

The Heart Guy

and anticipating Second Sight (just hope it's as good as I remember).

Rats. Well, I won't get this in before it goes. I need to see what else is leaving Netflix.

DD got us to start watching Parks & Rec, but we never finished season 1.

Regarding Parks & Rec, it is honestly one of my very favorite shows...but season 1 is terrible. It gets much better as season 2 goes along. You should give it another try 😊

• Like 3

Thanks. I love British stuff. Any other gems on acorn?

I haven’t had a chance to watch much else yet, but they have other Agatha Christie shows, the original Poldark, and quite a variety of comedies and dramas I’ll be checking out that I’m not familiar with.

I have only seen one episode and it's probably total trash, but dh, dd18, and I are watching Riverdale.  LOL  I'm ashamed.   :p  IMDB's little blurb about it:  A subversive take on Archie and his friends, exploring small town life, the darkness and weirdness bubbling beneath Riverdale's wholesome facade. 

I actually liked Riverdale much more than I thought I would. ;)

Regarding Parks & Rec, it is honestly one of my very favorite shows...but season 1 is terrible. It gets much better as season 2 goes along. You should give it another try 😊

Dd said the same thing. It's still on Netflix right now. *Fingers crossed*

Edited by Angie in VA

We have recently watched Father Brown (nice, funny gentle entertainment)

Hinterland (deeper and darker)

White Collar (funny suspense stories - some more suspenseful than others)

Fortitude (interesting setting for a show - off the coast of Iceland, explores scientific repercussions of bacteria / virus in permafrost but is fictional and has interesting characters)

I just stumbled upon The Durrel's in Carfu on amazon prime when I ran out of Home Fires. I like it. A widowed British mother moves her 4 kids to a Greek isleto start over. It's funny :-). I'd never heard of it, but I really like this type of show.

I really liked the 2005 movie of it.  My kids loved the book that it's based on ("My Family and Other Animals") 

• Like 2

Check out Schitt's Creek on Netflix. I absolutely adore it and find it so funny. But warning - it won't be everyone's cup of tea as one of the characters is pansexual (I had to google it, lol). It stars Eugene Levy and his son Daniel, Catherine O'Hara, and is a Canadian show written by the two Levy men. Love.

• Like 1

I recently finished the Nurse Jackie series.  I really liked it, and I liked that each episode was just 30 minutes.  It's definitely not for everyone though.  There is some rough content in it, and some language.  Nurse Jackie is a drug addict. 

I also just watched the BBC mini series Worricker with Bill Nighy.  Very good.

Check out Schitt's Creek on Netflix. I absolutely adore it and find it so funny. But warning - it won't be everyone's cup of tea as one of the characters is pansexual (I had to google it, lol). It stars Eugene Levy and his son Daniel, Catherine O'Hara, and is a Canadian show written by the two Levy men. Love.

The third season will be on Netflix later this month. Eugene Levy's daughter is also in it (the waitress).

Edited by Word Nerd