Menu

Wanna see my thrift store deal of the day?

DawnM

I went to 3 thrift stores today looking for a costume for my son's play he is in tomorrow and I found this (not part of a costume!):

https://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-NS-ZCC10-Uncooked-Premium-1-0-Liter/dp/B00007J5U7/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481748841&sr=8-1&keywords=neuro+fuzzy+rice+cooker

It came with all the accessories and looks like it has never been used.

$5

I am thrilled. Ours is old and not nearly as nice.

Dawn

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 41

I had already checked out and was leaving when I glanced over and saw this zojirushi rice maker. It was with the stereo equipment and speakers/TVs/Stereos.

When I went to check out, the checker said, "Is this some kind of radio?"

HAHAHAHA! That explains why it wasn't in the kitchen area.

• Like 10

I had already checked out and was leaving when I glanced over and saw this zojirushi rice maker. It was with the stereo equipment and speakers/TVs/Stereos.

When I went to check out, the checker said, "Is this some kind of radio?"

HAHAHAHA! That explains why it wasn't in the kitchen area.

Too funny!!

• Like 1

That is a great deal!

I have a funny rice maker story.....we got one for a wedding present 6 years ago. It has been in the box unopened all this time. A few months ago our stove top went out...,and because we are about to remodel our kitchen we decided to make do without it for a while...so we brought out the electric skillet, crock pot, electric griddle....and the rice maker.

Dh, ds15 and I all tried to figure out how to work it. We all failed. Several times. Dh FINALLY figured out that water has to be added to the tank AND to the dish that holds the rice. We were putting JUST rice in the rice dish. I feel so foolish when I saw how simple it was....duh, follow directions.

• Like 1

I love thrift stores and when I wasn't working, I would spend a lot of time going to them.  I don't have nearly the time anymore.  I try to get to at least one per week, but even that doesn't happen anymore.  I pass a few on my way home if I go a different direction.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Yesterday, I was in one of those Goodwill distribution centers--The large store with a computer store, and bin auctions. The place was filled with Costco x-mas returns.  So many things in new or near new condition.  I resisted going overboard.  But, I did leave with following: TI-84 plus, a Crate & Barrel butcher block cutting board, a Stiga top of line ping-pong paddle, with case; an unopened pack of Uni-ball gel pens and  oxo garlic press. Over $300 of stuff for $11.00. Had a good day.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I think I  have a problem. After DawnM posted of her Zojiroshi rice cooker find at the thrift, I spent 2 months looking for one. I found one February 2017.  After sitting on the counter without being used once in over a year, I went to move it to storage.  I found a nice spot in the back of a kitchen cabinet.  Went to move out the stuff out of that  corner to make room. Guess what I found there-- a Zojroshi rice cooker. It certainly is a used cooker.  I have no recollection of every buying it.  I don't even have any recollection o  knowing what it was until I read DawnM's post and the attachment.   Judging by the stuff that I pulled out of the corner, that  rice cooker has been there over 6 years.  I better start a new hobby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, gstharr said:

I think I  have a problem. After DawnM posted of her Zojiroshi rice cooker find at the thrift, I spent 2 months looking for one. I found one February 2017.  After sitting on the counter without being used once in over a year, I went to move it to storage.  I found a nice spot in the back of a kitchen cabinet.  Went to move out the stuff out of that  corner to make room. Guess what I found there-- a Zojroshi rice cooker. It certainly is a used cooker.  I have no recollection of every buying it.  I don't even have any recollection o  knowing what it was until I read DawnM's post and the attachment.   Judging by the stuff that I pulled out of the corner, that  rice cooker has been there over 6 years.  I better start a new hobby.

USE IT!  Seriously, we use ours 3-5 times per week.  I now have two, my old used one and my newer one.  I am going to give my old one to my son, who has an on-campus apartment at college now.