Menu

What's your triumph today...

bettyandbob

I got a few things done, its almost dinner prep time, and I am not exhausted. Thank you primary doctor for keeping up professionally and knowing about the MTHFR mutation. I have got to get myself a Life Is Good tshirt.

It's not a complete victory yet, but I managed to get everything out of the pantry to clean and organize it before the holidays. I can't put everything back in until I vacuum all the crevices, which I'm waiting to do until after the baby's nap.

My other victory is that the baby is actually taking two good long naps today. He's almost a year and has been dropping his second nap some days, but he's not ready for that. We've had a few rough nights as a result. I'm hoping the whole good naps lead to good night sleep holds true tonight.

• Like 3

My triumph today was that I managed to attend 4 different therapy or doctor appointments in 4 different locations and for 4 different people,, did half of the seasonal clothing swap, and completed all normal homeschool work.

My preschooler just announced that he peed in his car seat, so I might be in need of wine.

• Like 7

I was in a long line at Costco (normal Costco crowd + Thanksgiving + early Christmas shopping = Costco Hell).... I did the risky thing of switching lines to a line where I'd actually be behind, as it was moving faster.  This almost never works for me, but today it did.  :D

• Like 4

I was in a long line at Costco (normal Costco crowd + Thanksgiving + early Christmas shopping = Costco Hell).... I did the risky thing of switching lines to a line where I'd actually be behind, as it was moving faster. This almost never works for me, but today it did. :D

Good for you! This never works for me. I always end up behind someone paying by check for two separate orders. And then I imagine the knight from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade telling me I chose poorly. :-)

• Like 3

Found a really old backpacker pantry meal in the cupboard (really old but still not quite expired), made it for lunch and the kids actually ate it and one even liked it!  One less thing in the pantry, thanks to my mission of cleaning out the old by the end of 2016.

Also watched another big bunch of garden carrots.  Did the final harvest of the garden this past weekend (about  weeks after the usual frost date here!) and got soooo much stuff.  Now I'm trying to process a big chunk every day either for snacking or into salads so we actually eat it instead of having it sit in my vegetable crisper and go bad.

• Like 2

Good for you! This never works for me. I always end up behind someone paying by check for two separate orders. And then I imagine the knight from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade telling me I chose poorly. :-)

Yes, I'm pretty sure I've used up my "good lane switching Karma" for at least the next year based on how seriously crowded/long the lines were. 

I got out of bed.

Seriously, that was hard enough and I reset my alarm multiple times. I'm just so tired and sore and not sleeping well here in the final stretch of pregnancy.

I have company arriving tomorrow and today I finished my to do list of things I needed to do before they arrive. Usually by the day before i start scratching things off my list without doing them...hey, they're family, I don't really need to vacuum under the litter box...

But today I did all the things.  And I wish a friend would stop by unannounced because my whole house is clean. 

• Like 2

My accomplishment is that I really didn't do a lot today.  It is the first day of my vacation and I have a very-busy-no-fun 8 days coming up.  I decided to take today and pretty much relax.  I talked to my mom on the phone, spent some time online and made some appointments.  But I am getting antsy, so my goal of a whole day on the couch is coming to an end. LOL   I did manage 4 hours of nothing important though, so that is a huge accomplishment for me!

• Like 4

Yay, for triumphs, no matter how small they may seem! A triumph is a triumph!

I managed to assuage a customers concerns today and avoid a cancellation - for now. I'll take it!

Even made some suggestions which she appreciated. Woohoo!

Now to go to my writers meeting, which is always a good thing. Ciao!

• Like 2

My family and I unpacked about 2/3 of our house today. We moved this weekend. We'll finish the final details tomorrow. I couldn't be more thrilled. I also cooked three meals - but only because we're all a little shocked from the transition and sitting together for a meal always feels very grounding.

• Like 2

We do a little "co-op" that I run with two other families from church who are also doing Kindergarten this year. We take turns hosting and tie the co-op to the books we have been reading or to a holiday.

Today I hosted Thanksgiving co-op, which I had planned out. There were a total of 8 kids and 3 moms and we read several books together, made "thankful for" wreaths and handprint turkeys and had a FEAST with al the normal Thanksgiving food. It went so well. We had friends here from 11-3 and just had a lovely time.

But then I was TIRED!

• Like 3

My triumph today is in biting my tongue when I really want to tell people what freakin' idiots they are.

Oh, and forcing myself to go to a church meeting this evening. I really didn't want to go, but I did it.

I guess I'm just a grump today, huh? (LOL)

I passed my karate test last night.  It was a really big deal for me, because last time I tested (in August) I broke my tibia.  I was really scared to try again.  Pretty much every time I did something last night, I asked my training partner, "Are you ok?"  Nobody got hurt, and I passed.

I need a Tylenol and another quart of water for my poor muscles.

• Like 5

I tried a new recipe for baked eggplant parmigiana and it turned out really well. The real triumph is I got all of the foods (spaghetti, frozen meatballs, jar sauce, plus a zucchini veggie bake AND a glutenfree pasta bake for Diamond) ready on time before SweetChild had to leave for dress rehearsal. Show weeks tend to be horrible nutritionally for us, too much drive through nuggets and burgers and general junky food. So for tomorrow's opening night she will have AWESOME leftovers with plenty of veggies for a big lunch and deli sandwiches before the show, as is her preference.

GIANT HIGH FIVES to everyone who had any sort of triumph today, big or small. And GIANT HUGS to anyone who believes there was nothing triumphant today. Hoping tomorrow will be better.

Edited by Rebel Yell
  • Like 2