Menu

It's so hot that...

Mrs_JWM

It is so hit that I turned the AC on even though it is leaking enough to ruin our floors. Oddly though it isn't currently leaking. I haven't used it in over a month because of this leak and turned it on today because it feels like 105 and we're having guests over in a bit. No leak present. I'm confused

• Like 2

It's so hot that a high of 105 would be noticeably cooler than our high temperatures every day for the last many weeks (and the next many weeks to come).

I would never live in an area with high temps like that regularly. A week or 2 of it is bad enough

• Like 3

Not in Phoenix right now, but one summer it was so hot that my cold cheese sandwich I grabbed on the way out the door had toasted itself by the time I got the kids buckled into their carseats

It is so bleeping hot in Phoenix right now (specifically in my poorly ducted bedroom) that I am starting to seriously question whether I might be menopausal at 38. We have AC. I should not be this warm!

• Like 2

I can't wear a sweatshirt at night.

I realize that may seem stupid, but I *adore* having warm days and cool nights.  One of my favorite things in the world is going out in a tank top and having a sweatshirt in the trunk to throw on when the sun goes down.  That is how we do.  Our house has 1 window AC unit, which is usually turned off after dinner so we don't wake up freezing.  Last night, with the AC and a fan on, I broke a sweat. It was in the 70s overnight. It's supposed to feel like 95 this afternoon.  :glare:

I get that it's so much hotter elsewhere, but it's not supposed to be like this here!

• Like 1

It is so bleeping hot in Phoenix right now (specifically in my poorly ducted bedroom) that I am starting to seriously question whether I might be menopausal at 38. We have AC. I should not be this warm!

That reminds me... in NL, they consider it a heat wave if the high is >86F for 3 days in a row (ROTFL, right?). One time, in our 1 bedroom apartment in DFW (top floor, facing south-west or so), we had a "heat wave" inside with the central A/C running full time. That was not fun. We even vaguely contemplated buying a window unit, but seriously, it was 1 bedroom, living room, tiny kitchen, tiny bathroom - having central A/C AND a window unit would've been insane (and so was our electric bill, even without a window unit).

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 3

I can't wear a sweatshirt at night.

I realize that may seem stupid, but I *adore* having warm days and cool nights.  One of my favorite things in the world is going out in a tank top and having a sweatshirt in the trunk to throw on when the sun goes down.  That is how we do.  Our house has 1 window AC unit, which is usually turned off after dinner so we don't wake up freezing.  Last night, with the AC and a fan on, I broke a sweat. It was in the 70s overnight. It's supposed to feel like 95 this afternoon.  :glare:

I get that it's so much hotter elsewhere, but it's not supposed to be like this here!

Quoting myself.

My heat index just reached 101. This is WAY beyond normal!

• Like 1

It's so hot that I set my AC at 80 and it feels cool when you come in from outside. I set it at 80 because I picture dollar bills flying out the vents as it turns on incessantly trying to keep it "cool" at 80.

My upstairs unit can't even keep up and it's over 80 up there anyway.

• Like 1

And we had a frost last night. Don't hate me. You can remind me of my post in January, when it's -40 here.

Yeah, I've been reminding myself that I was also very grouchy about the weather when it was single digits this past winter. Now it's 98 with a heat index of 110 or some such thing. That's ehat Maryland weather is: freezing freezing cold, then burning, burning hot. I think we get 3 pretty days a year. ;)

I live in the Chihuahuan Desert. And it's August.

My electricity was out for 8 hours the other day, and for 7 hours yesterday.

Translation: No A/C.

It's hot.

Edited by Kinsa

I live in the Chihuahuan Desert. And it's August.

My electricity was out for 8 hours the other day, and for 7 hours yesterday.

Translation: No A/C.

It's hot.

You win. :D

• Like 5

It's so hot/humid that my tomatoes are rotting before they're even ripe, the pepper plants refuse to put on fruit and I have completely given up on the garden because I refuse to go outside during the daylight and there's 1000 mosquitoes at dusk.

Luckily my A/C is keeping up, after the upstairs unit being out for a month.  The only relief we've had was 2 weeks ago when a storm came through and knocked down both the trees in my front yard and this morning when it was looking like rain and I went to the grocery store. An hour later upon leaving the rain had disappeared but left all it's sticky heaviness in the air and the sun was back in full force. I still hate Winter more but I'm reconsidering.

It is so hot that the pool isn't even refreshing. Cold showers are the only solution after working outside these days.

I thought about taking the kids to the pool today.  Decided it was too hot to walk to and from the car.  :tongue_smilie:  (And I definitely wasn't walking that mile!)

Debbi, he was probably just too hot, too! [emoji6]

You know, I would be just a little annoyed that he made me feel guilty. A guy should not show disappointment that a woman alone does not stop to help him.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Okay, guys - most of you win. I should clarify that I'm in central NY, and 90 degrees is just too hot for snow-lovers like us! We went swimming today and it was like bath water - not refreshing! 🔥🔥🔥

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

The humidity it's what's killer. The air is reminding me of southern China. You don't just walk out there, you have to push your way through the thickness of the air.

Mostly I'm feeling grateful. Apparently a huge swath of my neighborhood and the surrounding 'hoods are all in the midst of a giant brown out. Hoping not to jinx it because I really, really don't want to spend tonight without a/c.

You have not experienced hot until you've hung clothes out to dry on the line and actually had them shrink!  Into forms of curvilinear sculpture no less!

That requires some dryness to the air.  Clothes hung outside don't dry down here -- they mildew.

Until the rains finally came 2 days ago we had several weeks of temps over 100, heat indexes over 110, and humidity to match.

It is so hot that just thinking about opening a curtain causes one to break out in a sweat.

It is so hot the saying is now "like a bat out of here".

It is so hot that even the newest transplants now understand why my car gets festooned with towels throughout the inside.  Even with the towels covering things we still have to use some as hot mitts to buckle our seat belts or touch the steering wheel.  Thank goodness for really good vehicle a/c -- I can actually get the steering wheel cool enough to touch without a hot mitt by the time I'm home with the shopping.

It's so hot even insulated shopping bags with freezer dogs isn't enough to keep the frozen food fully frozen for the 15-minute drive home from the store.