Menu

Just a poll on Counting On

Audrey

Did you watch the Duggar girls' "Counting On" special(s)?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Did you watch the Duggar girls' "Counting On" special(s)?

• Yes, I watched, and I was a regular viewer of the 19 and Counting series.
    • Yes, I watched, and I was an occasional/casual viewer of the 19 and Counting series.
    • Yes, I watched, and I had not previously watched the 19 and Counting series.
    • No, I did not watch, and I was a regular viewer of the 19 and Counting series.
    • No, I did not watch, and I was an occasional/casual viewer of the 19 and Counting series.
    • No, I did not watch, and I had not previously watched the 19 and Counting series.
    • I have not watched it yet, but will, and I was a regular viewer of the 19 and Counting series.
    • I have not watched it yet, but will, and I was an occasional/casual viewer of the 19 and Counting series.
    • I have not watched it yet, but will, and I had not previously watched the 19 and Counting series.
    • I have not watched it yet and will not be watching it at all, and I was a regular viewer of the 19 and Counting series.
    • I have not watched it yet and will not be watching it at all, and I was an occasional/casual viewer of the 19 and Counting series.
    • I have not watched it yet and will not be watching it at all, and I had not previously watched the 19 and Counting series.

I watched the episode where the Duggars came on Say Yes to the Dress, and I've watched a few minutes of other episodes, but I wasn't hooked.  If Counting On comes on Netflix, or if I sign up for Hulu again, I might watch a little.  Maybe I'll love it and stick around and watch more.  Who knows?

That tends to be how I go with TV.  I watch a couple minutes and I'm either bored and don't come back to it, or I'm hooked and I watch the whole season before I move on to something else.

I didn't answer the poll because I'm not sure that my 15 minutes of viewing adds up to "I was an occasional viewer" or "I did not watch".  

• Like 1

Didn't watch, occasional viewer (as in I watched a few episodes years ago to see what it was all about and was way turned off by the whole dynamics of reality TV in general and some Duggar stuff specifically)

Since I was curious, I did read a few articles that pulled out quotes from the show from the Duggar girls and Anna about Josh's infidelity, lying, etc.

ETA: I realize I should have voted: haven't, won't be, and "occasional viewer". Changed my vote.

Edited by LavenderGirl

Haven't and prob won't. I might read a recap, out of curiosity.

I don't have cable, so was never a regular viewer. Now I just disagree so strongly with Gothard that I don't think I'll ever be a fan, even in a mild way. But I do wish them the best. (My best is prob different from their best, though.)

Can someone recap what it was about for the mildly interested yet lazy among us?

Kind of a catch up on what's happened since the Megyn Kelly special. 

Jill and Derek are pursuing some missionary work in Central America. Derek quit his accounting job at Walmart, got braces, and had his jaw broken to expand his palate. He's lost a lot of weight and looks unhealthy. 

Jessa giving birth wasn't shown (this was one of three episodes so it'll be shown soon), and she spends the episode being pregnant. Ben is shown cooking breakfast for Jessa and is sporting a Justin Bieber 2010 haircut. 

Jinger, Jana, Joy Anna, John David, and Joseph are shown giving some pretty heartfelt sentiments on how life has been since Josh's Ashley Madison account was exposed.  I was most impressed by John David's response, which was that he told his brother he no longer wants to be like him.  Tears from the girls, somber statements from the boys. 

Some clips of Anna have been released today so it looks like she'll be featured Sunday, at least a little. 

The show was poorly edited...like AWFUL. No continuity at all...they just kept inserting Josh scandal talk in between every scene.  It was just poorly done. 

The advertisers were nonexistent in my area- almost all of the ads were for other TLC shows. Some areas had local ads or some other things but ours were primarily TLC ads with a few other commercials sprinkled in. The episode was 90 minutes and could have been done in 15.  With time to spare. 

• Like 3

I occasionally watched episodes of the original series when they were free online or on Netflix. I studied social psychology and sociology in undergrad, and find it interesting to get a peek into other's lives, even though I know it's programmed for TV. But once Josh took the job in DC and I found out about them being Gothard followers on these boards, I stopped watching completely and will never watch again. While they may claim they are doing the show to share their faith, I think it's all about the money and the sanitized version of their beliefs they share on TV just confirms it.

Can someone recap what it was about for the mildly interested yet lazy among us?

I know there's another recap, but IMO the recap is: 😓😓😓😔😓😔😔😩😩😩ðŸ¼ðŸ¼ðŸ¼ðŸ¼ðŸ¼ðŸ¼ðŸ¼ðŸ¼

• Like 2