Menu

The Walking Dead -October 25. Please don't let this be true.

Annie G

I'm not optimistic about it with the statement Scott Gimple gave to The Talking Dead. Saying that we'll see Glenn or 'parts of Glenn'  or some version of Glenn (Perhaps in flashbacks) makes me worried he's going to be a walker or something. And I don't need that!

Glenn dies in the comic, so I expect him to be killed eventually, but can it be a better death than this? Like maybe protecting Maggie or something? 

My kids stopped watching when Beth died. I'm sad to lose Glenn but not quite ready to give up yet. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking he made it. As I was watching that scene unfold, I thought it looked strange and it wasn't until after that I realized the other guy fell on top of him and THAT was who was being eaten. Maybe Glenn escapes by being covered in walker blood and becoming 'invisible' to the walkers? Maybe the teen girl who left last week comes to his rescue some how?

I also read a while back that Glenn dies in the comic but there is some big story line that happens first, which is another reason I think he could still be alive (for now). Also, as a main character, I would have thought he would get a bigger send off than what happened. His 'death' was actually less covered than the minor characters who died last night. I loved the foreshadowing with the walkie talkies and the 'dumb ass' comment (my mouth fell open as I totally understood the implication), but was that really foreshadowing or just a set up so that we would believe more easily that he had died?

I suspect we won't find out next week, though, and will have to wait. I think next week will focus on Alexandria and not the outside folks. It may even be longer until we know because what if the scene where Daryl is tied up and Rick in the RV is an entire episode? It could be the mid-season finale or even the second half of the season's premiere  until we know Glenn's fate (ex next week, Alexandria folks, week 2 Daryl and Rick, week 3 Alexandria where Michonne gets back etc, then the 4th week (which would be in January, no?).... Glenn's fate is revealed. I sure hope we don't have to wait that long, though, to find out what really happened.

• Like 1

I'm not optimistic about it with the statement Scott Gimple gave to The Talking Dead. Saying that we'll see Glenn or 'parts of Glenn'  or some version of Glenn (Perhaps in flashbacks) makes me worried he's going to be a walker or something. And I don't need that!

Glenn dies in the comic, so I expect him to be killed eventually, but can it be a better death than this? Like maybe protecting Maggie or something? 

My kids stopped watching when Beth died. I'm sad to lose Glenn but not quite ready to give up yet. 

I'm not giving up and think all the signs and comments were pointing to him NOT being dead.  BUT, if he is, the "part of Glenn" that we could be seeing is, IMO, a baby.  I think maybe Maggie is pregnant.

• Like 3

I'm thinking he made it. As I was watching that scene unfold, I thought it looked strange and it wasn't until after that I realized the other guy fell on top of him and THAT was who was being eaten. Maybe Glenn escapes by being covered in walker blood and becoming 'invisible' to the walkers? Maybe the teen girl who left last week comes to his rescue some how?

I also read a while back that Glenn dies in the comic but there is some big story line that happens first, which is another reason I think he could still be alive (for now).

I hope he is alive! But when they do kill him, I hope they don't do it the way it is in the comic. Way too brutal. I don't think I could watch that. 

Someone said maybe Maggie is pregnant- what a great way to interpret GImple's statement!  

• Like 1

I hope he is alive! But when they do kill him, I hope they don't do it the way it is in the comic. Way too brutal. I don't think I could watch that. 

Someone said maybe Maggie is pregnant- what a great way to interpret GImple's statement!  

I haven't read the comic so I don't know what happens. I just read that he dies in the comic. I don't put much stock in the comic story line, though, as the show has deviated from the comic from what I have read (Daryl wasn't in the comic and Hershel never made it off the farm).

6packofun might be right---- if Maggie is pregnant, I wonder if that is the 'big story line' that I read about that is supposed to happen before he dies? Still.... it could be January before we know for sure if what I suggested happens. Ugh. The show has a way of drawing things out in a manner that is annoyingly long. LOL. 

I will be so disappointed if he is really dead because that scene and the way it was all handled just didn't do the character justice. But, then, maybe that was the point.

• Like 1

I will be so disappointed if he is really dead because that scene and the way it was all handled just didn't do the character justice. But, then, maybe that was the point.

That's one of the things I like about the show. No heros, no miraculous comebacks, just real people making real mistakes and sometimes dying for really stupid reasons.

• Like 4

Dang, just watched. There is no way Glenn is alive and that sucks. My guess is also a baby.

I was confused what Daryl was trying to accomplish in this episode?

That was really depressing.

Can I also say, moving the hoarde was a dumb idea. I can think of so many better ideas. Fortify the exit, put a guard there to start shooting, catch them on fire to slow them down, etc.

• Like 4

Can I also say, moving the hoarde was a dumb idea. I can think of so many better ideas. Fortify the exit, put a guard there to start shooting, catch them on fire to slow them down, etc.

Yes, they should have set them on fire. I don't think you can fortify the exit long enough. All that mass of humanity pushing will eventually break down anything (we've seen that over and over.)

I don't think there were enough bullets to shoot them all.

Setting them on fire would have been the best thing to try first.

I'm not sure about Glen. It did seem like his guts were up right by his neck, if it was him being eaten, so what a PP said that maybe it was the guy on top of him being eaten, and yet with aaaaaall those zombies, someone would take a bite out of his arm or leg before too long.

Rick and the RV. UGH. RICK AND THE RV!!! UGH!!! How will he get out of that one, especially since Daryl went back to complete his mission and didn't come to Rick's aid in the end.

I think Daryl's plan was to help Rick (because it's always good to have backup and not do things alone.) He felt comfortable leaving the couple in the car because there were 2 of them (backup.) But then Rick said something on the walkie talkie indicating that he was in place, Daryl decided to head back to where he was supposed to be (leading the herd.) And it just so happened that after he'd turned around, then he heard the gun fire on the walkie talkie, but by then he was back too close the other way toward the car-led herd.

But I can't stop thinking about Glen. Was it his guts? If not, is there any chance that he makes it out alive? I just don't see how it's possible. Even if someone distracts the walkers, they move slowly and one of them will get in a bite before they shuffle away.

I think he's gone and hoping that he's not is a false hope. I think we all worried that the guy he was with would let him down, and I think that instead of the guy he was with suddenly becoming dependable, he stayed undependable and Glen's trust in him was greatly misplaced. We worried that that guy (can't remember his name) would be the death of Glen (with his plots to kill Glen last season), and he was.

• Like 1

Ok, after too much time on the interwebs, I'm starting to question Glen being dead. Either way, this was a dumb move by the writers. Either he is dead for no reason or he comes back to life confirming that only newbies die.

When this is all over, what is the fallout for Rick? Will anyone trust him? We he go crazy with guilt?

They've been saying all season that "no one is safe".  I think by having Glen survive (by some miracle), that goes against the statement they made.  As much as I hate to see him go, I think that will be the outcome next week.  I don't want to see him as a walker though...that's too depressing!   :crying:

There was a mention of Rick's hand on Talking Dead for episode 2...Something about the comics which I haven't read.  Did anyone catch that?  

• Like 1

They've been saying all season that "no one is safe". I think by having Glen survive (by some miracle), that goes against the statement they made. As much as I hate to see him go, I think that will be the outcome next week. I don't want to see him as a walker though...that's too depressing! :crying:

There was a mention of Rick's hand on Talking Dead for episode 2...Something about the comics which I haven't read. Did anyone catch that?

I don't know about or read the comics but I'm wondering if they'll need to do to Rick's hand what they did to Hershel's leg. :-(

I don't know about or read the comics but I'm wondering if they'll need to do to Rick's hand what they did to Hershel's leg. :-(

One of the walkers had a knife either stuck in it or wearing it or something like that and Rick hurt himself on it, I thought?  Walking Dead has not done the whole "avoid blood and gore getting into your wounds so you don't turn!" thing that I've noticed.  lol  I mean, some of their cuts are FILTHY and it doesn't make them turn like a bite does, unless I'm not remembering correctly.

My thoughts in no particular order:

If Glenn isn't dead, this is lame storytelling. I don't watch the show for bait and switch gags. It had all of the hallmarks of a goodbye episode. I predict Maggie is pregnant and we see him as a walker. Dh thinks the walker thing was already done with Sophia, so they won't do that.

They were collectively getting overconfident in their own abilities. Being around the Alexandrians made them comparatively look invincible. I think they were starting to feel like only people could kill them, but walkers they could handle. Glenn's death will bring that home.

The stupid, stupid herd plan is a good example of that.

Why do they walk away from their friends being eaten alive without shooting them in the head? Why did that chick use her last bullets on walkers rather than herself? I do not get that.

The Talking Dead intimated that Rick loses his arm in the comic. I was thinking infection, but A has antibiotics, no? Maybe it's going to be a long time before he makes it back home?

Also on TD, one of the guests was a writer from Lost. He talked about the "unkillables" and how the longer a show is on tv, the more characters people start thinking of as permanent. Sometimes you have to kill an unkillable to move the story forward.

I will say that I'm starting to get to the point of wishing that TWD was like Breaking Bad, with a definite story arc and preplanned series ending. With BB I always felt like each episode had a purpose and we were continually moving toward resolution. TWD is in danger of becoming a soap opera if they aren't careful with the story crafting. How they handle Glenn will reveal a lot.

• Like 2

So I'm over the shock and I'd rather just let Glenn die than bring him back in some cheesy way. I still wish his death had been better, but it fits...they were acting stupid and nobody is safe.   

I'm also not the world's biggest Rick fan so if he loses a hand...whatever.  I always feel like he's weak...he's sitting there in the RV losing it. Get a grip, Rick! 

I will never agree that Beth's death was well done.  She deserved a better death. Just saying. 

Why do they walk away from their friends being eaten alive without shooting them in the head? Why did that chick use her last bullets on walkers rather than herself? I do not get that.

YES!!  My dh insists it's to not waste bullets, but I'm sorry, they are shooting willy nilly without making sufficient contact half the time and I think they could spare one for themselves or for their friends!  I mean, Michonne, and those 2 guys stood there and watched the poor man being crushed and eaten against the fence.  She had no problem stabbing the other dude in the head to just end it, so they didn't even have to use a bullet.  It's something that REALLY bugs me.

I don't like that Glenn couldn't go out as more of a hero, but I like it better than the writers playing games with us.

• Like 1

I was wondering why they didn't shoot their clearly dying, being eaten alive friends in the heads once they were down.  I really expected Michonne to use her sword on the guy through the fence.  That bugged me, too. 

I can see why the Alexandrian woman with the ankle didn't kill herself.  It would be really, really hard to shoot yourself in the head, even in that situation.  They just haven't had to face death enough not to still have that ever present terrible hope that somehow, in some way, they'll get better even after being bit. 

I'm on the fence with whether or not Glen should stay dead.  I mean, he's a main character and people love him, but in reality the odds of a married couple both surviving are so slim at this point.  One of them was bound to die.  It was somewhat inevitable.  Having him escape somehow just wouldn't happen.  It just wouldn't.  So if it happens, then the show is taking an easy way out.  I think he should stay dead.  But those guts didn't look placed in the right spot.

Rick was falling apart when he saw the stolen baby food.  That was probably Judith's supply so he knew she could easily be dead.  And if she was dead, it was possible that Carl was, too.  But Rick was stuck staying in the RV trying to draw away walkers.  And then the RV wouldn't start.  Yeah, even though he's Rick and seems strong, but a little crazy, I can't imagine that he wouldn't fall apart right about then.  (And he ran like 3 miles at a dead run.  And just had to kill 5 humans.  He was having a Very Bad Day.)

I was wondering why they didn't shoot their clearly dying, being eaten alive friends in the heads once they were down.  I really expected Michonne to use her sword on the guy through the fence.  That bugged me, too. 

That really bugged me- they just stood there watching him suffer! Why would they not have killed him?????

They've been saying all season that "no one is safe". I think by having Glen survive (by some miracle), that goes against the statement they made. As much as I hate to see him go, I think that will be the outcome next week. I don't want to see him as a walker though...that's too depressing! :crying:

There was a mention of Rick's hand on Talking Dead for episode 2...Something about the comics which I haven't read. Did anyone catch that?

In the comic...

Rick's hand was cut off by the Governor.

• Like 3

I was sure Glenn was dead when I first watched it, but when I rewound and saw the guts, they looked too high. That gave me some hope when I watched TTD and he wasn't on and they made the strange statement about him.

I think he's fine. I don't know how they will make it believable, but I'm willing to give them a chance because I like Glenn. I think he won't last long after this, though...I bet he'll make it through this and then really die in a few episodes- but he'll somehow be at peace with it because he thought he was going to die here and is now prepared...or something like that.

I think Rick will be fine because it's his show. I don't know why the walkers would harass him anyway since if the door's shut and he lays low they wouldn't notice him. They'd eat the people outside and move on. Maybe Rick's upset because it's slowing him down. As far as the hand...don't care. Again, it's because I know it's Rick's show and he'll be fine. Maybe he's sick...but he'll recover. Maybe he'll lose his hand, but they'll still make him King Rick- he'll be fine.

Why do they have Darryl riding a motorcycle anyway! It seems way too easy for him to be taken out leading the herd like that. Does he have endless gas? Do they want a warm, visible body in front? Sasha could just stick her head out the window and wave at the leaders of the pack. 

I think next week will be mostly a flashback about Morgan which I'm not too happy about. I'm more concerned about everyone now. I'd rather have a flashback episode before all this or after. I don't know what's up w/ Morgan. He was really exciting as a character in the beginning, but now he's too stupid to live. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure Maggie is pregnant - they hinted at that during the first episode, when the group was deciding who was going to move the horde and who was staying in Alexandria. Glenn and Maggie share a few words and it seemed clear that there was now a good reason why she should be staying back where they assumed it was safer.

I enjoy the show, but think the comics are better (with a few exceptions, like Daryl and the show's version of Carol). I would not be surprised if Glenn is really dead in the show, if only because the comic version of his death would be very difficult to show on tv due to its brutality. Yes, the show regularly shows people being ripped apart by zombies but this would be harder to watch imho.

One reason I think Glenn could still be alive is because the guy shot his right temple but fell to the right, grabbing Glenn. He should have fallen to the left with the momentum. Why else would this have been shot so? The guy could have fallen left with the momentum and Glenn could have simply lost his balance, falling to the shooter guy's right (the way he actually did fall). Now THAT would have been obvious as to whose guts we saw.

If he really is dead, then he deserved more. Not necessarily a brave death (hey, crappy things happen), but historically, the show has spent a fair amount of time on those who are leaving. Not so with this episode. Glenn had a very small screen presence in this episode.

And can I just say that I hate the whole killing off the 'major characters' thing? I know it started with Lost, but I much prefer the days of the Red Shirt folks (Star Trek reference). There is a reason a show works.... it's a combination of the story, the writing, and the CAST. When you get rid of a major/loved cast member, it affects the show. Beth's character was developing in a great way so I was sad to see her go. Had they not spent so much time developing her character and had left her a minor one, it wouldn't have been as big an issue to me. I know the show brought in a whole bunch of newbies but I'm not as invested in them as the original Atlanta gang. There are way too many chicken/annoying characters who could be killed off and not affect the show. Glenn being gone will affect the show. I could vent some more about that, but I feel better now so I'll stop. LOL.

Agreeing with others about Morgan. OMG, how do people survive in this walker world if they don't want to kill to protect themselves? Not buying it. It's very annoying and there are way too many of them on the show.

As for the lack of humane dispatching of those being eaten. YES. A thousand times YES!! I have wondered this for forever! And those who are alive saying "leave me, I'm slowing you down" and they are left behind, sometimes armed, and sometimes not. I don't understand letting them suffer.

• Like 2

I still don't understand the herd plan A or plan B.

I definitely don't understand Daryl in this episode.

Carol is cray-cray - like some kind of evil genius.

Rick has been like a madman - a slow but discernible descent since his wife died. He keeps enough leadership, loyalty, and wisdom to hold on but creates *nearly* as much damage as he does safety and security.

For my own processing, I am going with Glenn is dead. I'll be happy if they bring him back, but I do think that from a story line point of view, a main character had to go.

The suicide was hard to watch....

• Like 1

I'm so glad to hear some of you say you didn't understand the herd plan or what Daryl was doing. None of that makes sense to me at all. And I was starting to think I was just dumb or something...

Joanne, you hit the nail on the head- everyone looks to Rick like he's some awesome leader but he causes a lot of damage!!

Rick was falling apart when he saw the stolen baby food.  That was probably Judith's supply so he knew she could easily be dead.  And if she was dead, it was possible that Carl was, too.  But Rick was stuck staying in the RV trying to draw away walkers.  And then the RV wouldn't start.  Yeah, even though he's Rick and seems strong, but a little crazy, I can't imagine that he wouldn't fall apart right about then.  (And he ran like 3 miles at a dead run.  And just had to kill 5 humans.  He was having a Very Bad Day.)

Yes, Rick is worried about Judith being killed, but did you see what Yvette Nicole Brown (is that her name?) said on Talking Dead about Enid? and the Wolves? and the "hint" on the comic book of hers that Carl was reading?  Oh boy...  I don't like where I feel Rick is heading, honestly.  I just about gave up on the show after he became a nutjob when Lori died.

• Like 1

I think he'll crawl under the dumpster, use that walkie talkie to say goodbyes, then shoot himself.

If he lives..... that's super lame.  I like Glenn well enough, but that level of fake out and lack of realism (within the context of the show) is would make me feel cheated.

I still don't understand the herd plan A or plan B.

I definitely don't understand Daryl in this episode.

Carol is cray-cray - like some kind of evil genius.

Rick has been like a madman - a slow but discernible descent since his wife died. He keeps enough leadership, loyalty, and wisdom to hold on but creates *nearly* as much damage as he does safety and security.

For my own processing, I am going with Glenn is dead. I'll be happy if they bring him back, but I do think that from a story line point of view, a main character had to go.

The suicide was hard to watch....

Back off my Ricktator, Joanne!!

• Like 1

Yes, Rick is worried about Judith being killed, but did you see what Yvette Nicole Brown (is that her name?) said on Talking Dead about Enid? and the Wolves? and the "hint" on the comic book of hers that Carl was reading? Oh boy... I don't like where I feel Rick is heading, honestly. I just about gave up on the show after he became a nutjob when Lori died.

Nah. I don't even know what the Talking Dead is. Probably because I don't have tv and when I buy The Walking Dead from iTunes, I guess I should also be buying the Talking Dead? I'll have to research it. I guess it'll all be a big surprise for me!

I watched the dumpster scene last night again. I was so caught up in the first time, I missed how brilliant the actor who played Nicolas was. It was hard to watch again, agree with Joanne here. 

I'll admit, I'd be selfish. I'd off myself before shooting the zombie munching on my body. I think that part was lame too. It worked when they didn't know where more ammo was coming from. 

My Rickator, can we share?  :boxing_smiley:

If we throw Daryl in her general direction, Joanne will back off.  :p

True story. My son gave me a Daryl poster. I have it hanging in my room. On the inside of my closet door. I haven't had a poster hanging in my bedroom since the late 70's. Shaun Cassidy, Andy Gibb, Rick Springstein. ;)

• Like 3

This episode was frustrating...

I love Carol. I mean sure she is bat guano crazy like a fox, but she can cook with nothing and babysits, has kept her sense of humor, and she usually isn't a danger to her own team. I love her and Daryl's dynamic. Cracks me up.

I am bothered that Carl doesn't even look at the baby monitor too. It wouldn't surprise me if she slept through it all, but if there's one thing it seems should be second nature at this point after attacks it is to double check survival status.

I didn't understand why they didn't use the dumpster to jump the fence? Was it not close enough? Or even why they didn't get IN the dumpster. I was annoyed suicide guy (can't remember his name) didn't at least make his death helpful. He could have leaped away from the dumpster and shot himself in the head, giving Glenn at least a glimmer of greater odds. But no, had to do it in a way that could wipe Glenn out too. Idk if Glenn is dead. I'm thinking maybe he gets bit, but manages to get away. So he is as good as dead, but maybe will be in another episode or two. Possibly give him a chance to say goodbye to Maggie?

I fourth or whatever the annoyance that they don't take out their friends when they see them being mauled by walkers. I can understand not stopping and turning around to do it bc that's a luxury they don't have time for, but otherwise I would think they would. Especially Michione at the fence. I assumed she was going to use her sword and was a bit stunned when she didn't. It made no sense at all.

I'm surprised no one has commented on the hunter's claim that they "didn't choose" to do this. Are they being forced in some way? Family being held? Brainwashed? What? Between the satchel and the baby food, does this mean orevious enemies are returning? New ones? Someone has been scoping them out.

I think Daryl is desperate to not lose anyone he is really close to right now. Losing Beth was hard. I think he had a lapse in judgement and after Rick's lecture he decided to turn back.

Rick is sick of trying to trust people and sick of trying to protect everyone. He is consolidating to the few he feels worth "taking chances" for. I think Daryl and Michonne will win him back to seeing how important safety in numbers is though. I'm curious about his hand too.

The Enid girl is bugging me. I think she knew trouble was coming.