Menu

Someone needs to start a popular (or controversial) thread today.

creekland

I'd leave.  I married a man not a woman.  Might remain my best friend though.

Woo Hoo, I can create controversy.  :)

I married a person, not a penis.

- I'm not really looking to create controversy.  Just trying to keep the OP entertained.

• Like 5

How about this:  I don't like Trader Joe's.

Over the years I have put up with so much carp on this board, but this is the final straw.  Cupcakes, kilts, crockpots, how old is the earth, who should use what bathroom, can you change your baby on a table in a restaurant.....you name it.   But this I cannot tolerate.

Just kidding!   Honestly, my love affair with Trader Joe's has waned over the years for various reasons.  

AND I don't like coffee, with the exception of coffee drinks that are more cream/milk/chocolate sauce than coffee.   Sometimes I like coffee yogurt.   But REAL coffee, barf-o-rama.  Plus, it makes me feel crazy and hyper, which is the last thing I need.  

• Like 1

*Raises hand* I hate my Keurig too. It's a dust collector on my counter - don't care for the coffee that comes out of it, even with my refillable cup and it is expensive. I have a french press I adore for w hen I only need one cup. I tried to give it to my mother and she didn't want it either. Apparently she has one my brother gave her that she isn't using... :)

ETA: I've never been to Trader Joe's. None in my neck of the Montana woods. And I never put bread in the fridge, except when I lived in south Florida (things mold fast down there). 

• Like 1

AND I don't like coffee, with the exception of coffee drinks that are more cream/milk/chocolate sauce than coffee.   Sometimes I like coffee yogurt.   But REAL coffee, barf-o-rama.  Plus, it makes me feel crazy and hyper, which is the last thing I need.  

Zebra, how do you feel about coffee ice cream?

We've already discussed the bleach thing once on this board - having to do with kids removed from a family but I can't remember the thread title.  

I don't eat bread.  i can't eat wheat or gluten and in my opinion gf bread (even Udi's) tastes like cardboard.

I don't drink coffee.  I hate coffee.  I hate coffee ice cream and candy.  I even hate the smell of coffee.  (Though I still go to Starbucks for my Passion Iced Tea with no sweetener).

I like reading in school.

I like bathroom walls.  Without them things would be a bit exposed!  

• Like 1

I put apples and oranges in the fridge.  I do think they last longer.  And I think they are more enjoyable to eat when they are cold.  :)

That's what the people here prefer too.

Then again, my kid thinks ice cubes are a snack, so....

My dd has discovered ice cubes make good cat toys. Until someone wearing socks steps in the puddle left behind.

• Like 1

Don't have a Keurig, so I've never tried the coffee.  Seems expensive because I prefer unlimited amounts of caffeine.

At a get-together last spring, the hostess had a Keurig and I was sad because I knew there would be no coffee to sip on for the guests (there were a dozen of us attending, coffee wasn't offered and I assume it would have been expensive to have offered it).  It was a cold morning and a warm cup of coffee would have been wonderful to hold in my hands. 

It seems like if there's a full pot of coffee waiting, it's more welcoming than a K-cup where each cup of coffee is precisely measured out.  The whole "well, if it's already made, sure I'll take another cup of coffee" doesn't work with K-cups.  No top-offs if your coffee gets cold, or if you add too much cream and it's too sweet.  

I am old fashioned though.

• Like 3

I hate going to store to find the bread on the shelves has a "poke" mark in it. Even worse--when the meat has a "poke" mark. :ack2:

Yes, I know it doesn't change the content or flavor but somehow it's less appetizing to me. :p

DS10 was poking 1/2 cut melons (wrapped in cellophane) at the store a few weeks ago.  Now I'll have to make sure he's behaving himself around the meat as well.

• Like 2

I'm back now - after reading about Sleep Deprivation making us sick, fat, and stupid - quite the sobering article and well worth reading.  (I read more than that one article, but that was the one that made an impression.)  I only had to remind one young freshman what READING meant (sigh).  Every year I have to train the 9th graders.  Once they're trained I rarely have problems.

Then it was kind of important to show announcements too - and that has to be from this computer - so I lied when I said 35 - 45 minutes.  Sorry.  Normally I don't believe in lying, but this is a controversial thread, so...

I regularly tell my students not to kill each other/have deadly accidents during school hours because...paperwork.

Same here - and reminders that blood on the floor/desks is not allowed as I don't care to clean up the evidence.  ;)

My question is, if you know your waiter is earning $15/hr, and your favorite casual dining spot has raised prices, are you still inclined towards a 15-20% tipping model?

I am not opposed to a good server earning a 6 digit salary, so my tipping would not be affected.  We tip VERY well for what I consider good service.  I consider it part of the cost of eating out.

• Like 1

Question - How far up do you shave your legs?   Up to the knee?   Above the knee?   Interested in knowing what others do!   :lol:

Hmm, no privacy on a message board, huh?

How much I shave depends upon the day (what I'm wearing, doing, etc) and the season.  There are actually days/times where I don't shave.  ;)  My grandmother would be so mad at me if I were even in an accident on such a day, but I do promise I've changed my underwear - as long as you catch me AFTER barn chores are done.  (I shower after those too.)

• Like 1

LOL - I was going to start another but instead, here ya go-

Question - How far up do you shave your legs?   Up to the knee?   Above the knee?   Interested in knowing what others do!   :lol:

I don't shave my legs in the winter. In the spring/summer I shave to just above the knee. 

• Like 1

ETA: I didn't see Jean's post. I guess he's not the only one that doesn't like the smell of coffee. I wonder if it's like the cilantro gene. I hate cilantro. If so many are repulsed by cilantro, why is it so hard to find salsa without cilantro?

I like cilantro!  

One of the benefits of having adrenal problems - no or very little shaving.  

• Like 1

It depends on what I'm wearing.  Usually I don't shave at all, because I wear jeans.  If I'm wearing a skirt (mine are all at least knee length), I'll shave up to the knee.  If I'm wearing shorts, or a bathing suit, I adjust accordingly.

• Like 2

Here's a topic for someone to post about—the MMS/CD "cure." I'm still speechless that this is an actual thing that parents are doing to their children.

Darn.  I wish I knew about this treatment before my kids left the house.  They missed out...

:nopity:  :scared:

(And to anyone reading who is not familiar with my posts... they often have a wee bit of sarcasm to them.  I am NOT endorsing that "cure."  Just mentioning...)

• Like 2

Bread/grain= evil. Inflammation. (that should be good for a page or two of controversy)

Would I stay? I honestly can't say for sure.

Keurig - meh. Waste of money and environmental leech, IMO. I'm not a fan of coffee.

Cilantro is good.

I try to avoid shaving as much as possible. When I do shave, it depends on mood, outfit, etc.

I love Trader Joe's precisely because it's small. Perfect to help combat the Paradox of Choice issue.

Don't poke the fruit! It's fragile. Meat is tough, it can handle it.

Restaurants in Canada manage to pay full wages (minimum wage and up) and stay open and profitable. Wait staff still makes tips.

• Like 3

I'm giving up cloth diapering for baby #4. There I've said it. In fact, I've already converted and 2yo in full-time paper now with a Diaper Genie and everything in his room. I don't care what it costs or what the environmentalists think me!

(Still using cloth wipes at home though because they work so well and are ubereasy to clean. <run and hide>)

• Like 1

I'm giving up cloth diapering for baby #4. There I've said it. In fact, I've already converted and 2yo in full-time paper now with a Diaper Genie and everything in his room. I don't care what it costs or what the environmentalists think me!

(Still using cloth wipes at home though because they work so well and are ubereasy to clean. <run and hide>)

This environment lover still chose disposable diapers - with no regrets.

• Like 2

Over the years I have put up with so much carp on this board, but this is the final straw.  Cupcakes, kilts, crockpots, how old is the earth, who should use what bathroom, can you change your baby on a table in a restaurant.....you name it.   But this I cannot tolerate.

Just kidding!   Honestly, my love affair with Trader Joe's has waned over the years for various reasons.  

I am a trader. I went from putting Trader Joe's in the top spot to preferring Sprouts now but neither of those top the co-op markets.

The enema cure-what the? Science is important.

If my spouse wanted to transition I would 100% support my spouse and would probably remain married. Can't say for sure since I am not in the situation.

I don't drink coffee. The waste of the kuerig makes me shudder but I do understand the appeal.

Shaving - less of that with every passing year. I only shave if I am going to be wearing a skirt or capris. Only to the knee. I am not a hussy ;)

I love trader joes for certain items

Do not poke the fruit, the bread, or the meat.

Mostly I store my bread in the microwave. Bagels go in the freezer. Sometimes I freeze regular bread but once it has been frozen it is only good for toast.

• Like 1

I love my Keurig. I'm highly offended that others don't. I don't think I can play with y'all anymore.

Never been to Trader Joe's. We don't have one here in the boonies.

I'd divorce (get an annulment) but still be his best friend and love him and spend lots of time with him. Male or female, he'd still be wonderful!

Anyone who's giving their kid bleach should be locked up.

I'd love to make my own bread but don't know where to start.

Oh I forgot! I shave above the knee. I cannot stand to have a hairy knee!

I've got a question... Do you call the stuff on top of cupcakes frosting or icing? There's only one right answer. :D

I call it yummyness and it has never complained.

I shave to the knee

You all made me drink coffee today. I have a regular coffee pot and I let my electrical grinder grind my beans.

I've got a question... Do you call the stuff on top of cupcakes frosting or icing? There's only one right answer. :D

I'm on lunch now - munching my apple in the room as two dedicated students prefer staying here to continue working on their project rather than heading out to lunch.

So... back to lunchtime... it's a good thing I don't really care that much about cupcakes since you're tossing that out while I'm eating an apple... if I were a sweets lover, that would be torture I think.

But it's frosting on top of the cupcakes, unless it's the fancier stuff used for decorations, then it's icing.

Hubby still gets that question wrong every now and then.  ;)

[quote name="onelittlemonkey" post="6260243" timestamp="1427213704"

That is frosting on top of the cupcake. Icing is flat, similar to a glaze.

• Like 1

On the question of kids drinking bleach.  I only have anecdotal evidence, but my kids drank gallons of chlorinated pool water when they were preschoolers, and neither of them is autistic.  (Nor dead.)  So there is that.

• Like 1

The sex change discussion reminds me of that episode in Star Trek TNG where Beverly falls for that symbiotic person and reexamines her feelings when the host being changes from male humanoid to female humanoid.

I can't believe I missed a Star Trek tie-in!  I'm distraught now -- I always find Star Trek tie-ins during discussions.  I might need to go re-watch all of them.

• Like 1

On the question of kids drinking bleach.  I only have anecdotal evidence, but my kids drank gallons of chlorinated pool water when they were preschoolers, and neither of them is autistic.  (Nor dead.)  So there is that.

Ok, now we all want to know why you were sneaking out to the pool to fill your preschooler's sippy cups...  :lol:

I can't believe I missed a Star Trek tie-in!  I'm distraught now -- I always find Star Trek tie-ins during discussions.  I might need to go re-watch all of them.

For shame!

So what's the tie-in for poked meat? Frosting vs icing? White vs wheat? Shaving up to the knees or above?

I think there is one for demonic parasites but I can't think of it right now. :laugh:

Here's something controversial: sherbert, sherbert, sherbert!

With chlorine or without?  

Used as frosting or icing?

Served to children to cure . . . what?

And . . . could you be in a serious relationship with someone who adored that nasty frozen confection, even if they spell it and pronounce it correctly?

• Like 1

I like bathroom walls.  Without them things would be a bit exposed!  

I've seen pictures of a public toilet with walls of one way glass - so the person inside feels like he's in the middle of a public square, but no one can see in.

I think it would inhibit the workings for a lot of people.

• Like 4

Enemas.

The bleach is not administered through the mouth.

The demons reside in the other end. 

• Like 2