Menu

Someone needs to start a popular (or controversial) thread today.

creekland

It's okay I'll be proctoring National Tests (standardized tests) in April and May and I can guarantee I will need to be amused, is it okay if I start the treads instead?

It's ok as long as it's a day I can play.  ;)

Some days when I'm at home it'll be close enough time-wise.  I'm not chained to the computer at home, but there are days when I just don't get much other stuff done.  Most of us are female and ought to be able to understand why.

WHAT, I SAY!   WHAT? 

No, I'm sorry, most of us probably won't be able to wait that long.  I know, you need to fast forward your calendar at work.  Or, play from home - right?  

Today is not likely to be as good of a day for me to play.  I opted to stay home to avoid a severe weather drill scheduled today (part time has its privileges!).

Instead, I'm going to be outside playing with our stallion.  I noticed yesterday that he's tangled his thick, long mane and he looks atrocious - well - not really that bad, but he needs a good part of my time as a salon worker.

This is what he's supposed to look like if you're curious:

http://s45.photobucket.com/user/creekland/media/Web%20Photos/2014-06-12047.jpg.html?sort=2&o=6

Imagine that mane with two tangles in it.  I want to fix it now before there are more than two!

I doubt he'd be that interested in having me divide my time in the stall and I doubt my laptop would be thrilled with stallion sniffing and the inevitable fur and dust.  ;)

Re: leg shaving...

I remember as a young woman being heartily annoyed that the farther up I shaved (mid-thigh), the harder the hairs were to shave.  They were finer or something.  I was expecting perfection from my double-bladed pink disposable, after all.

Then I came across a photo of a model wearing short shorts, with sunlight behind her, highlighting all her mid-thigh and higher hairs (she was wearing SHORT shorts).  At that point I realized, that if SHE can't have perfectly hairless legs up that high, then why am I bothering?!?  I put a lot less effort into leg shaving after that and these days I stop a few inches north of my knees.

So THANK YOU, nameless model from the early 90s with hairy thighs! 

OooooOOOOoooh.... I got one:  most people rely on their social security and THAT's why no one in this country saves for retirement.  They're hoping the government is going to support them in their old age.  And savings????  That's only for vacations!*

*snicker, again*

I may have misunderstood this, as I don't live in the US, but I thought that the money people drew on in retirement came from contributions they made as workers?  In which case, it wouldn't really be government support?