Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Summer Rush

The blackberries drop potent berries

Bright black beetles on the deep green plush

Of a green ground, not yet abandoned by the rain.

Over the fence the pumpkin vines shout, "Hurry, hurry, hurry"

Because it's a short season,

The space between plenty and drought,

And now, now, now

Is the only time to grow.

R. Musings

Will that do? I don't like the heat, but when you can almost hear the vines climbing the fence, it's something else.

So lovely!  

• Like 2

We had Big Screen Church and I picked up ds15 from his campout before the Big Storm hit.  I was so happy and relieved that he seemed to have had a genuinely good time with no major issues or conflicts or meltdowns.  You never know what to expect with him.  Then we stopped by the store to pick up a couple things (they don't seem to carry It's Its here 😞 ) and on my way out of the store, heaven poured out it's wrath on the Kroger parking lot and I was soaked through.  Even though I had an umbrella.  The cake and other stuff fell out of the van onto the parking lot in my hurry to get out of the rain, but no damage done.  Dh and ds24 should be home from church soon.  

48 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We had Big Screen Church and I picked up ds15 from his campout before the Big Storm hit.  I was so happy and relieved that he seemed to have had a genuinely good time with no major issues or conflicts or meltdowns.  You never know what to expect with him.  Then we stopped by the store to pick up a couple things (they don't seem to carry It's Its here 😞 ) and on my way out of the store, heaven poured out it's wrath on the Kroger parking lot and I was soaked through.  Even though I had an umbrella.  The cake and other stuff fell out of the van onto the parking lot in my hurry to get out of the rain, but no damage done.  Dh and ds24 should be home from church soon.  

That cake must come from hardy stock!  Very impressive.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Glad DS had a good time. Glad you survived the storm. I got a couple packages of It’s Its from the grocery store yesterday as a Father’s Day treat for DH.  

• Like 3

I'm having some success with garden greens this year; I haven't done well with leafy greens in the past so this is encouraging. Bok choy and lettuce so far. I've been roasting the bok choy with some sesame oil and salt, it is good that way.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Glad DS had a good time. Glad you survived the storm. I got a couple packages of It’s Its from the grocery store yesterday as a Father’s Day treat for DH.  

I was thinking it's Its was a typo but evidently not....

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

They are huge ice cream sandwiches made with real cookies. 

Sounds yummy.  0

• Like 2

Good morning! It's The Queen's favorite day!

Dd21 just got home from working the night shift.  Oy.  I'm taking the girls to a fiddle class in a hour - it's too far away to come home during the class and drive back to pick them up, so I need to come up with something to do in the meantime.  Orthodontist appointment and mandolin lesson this afternoon.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩😩😩

Hot!!!🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️😩😩😩😩 Temps are to be over 100 degrees for the entire foreseeable forecast.

Busy day!! Lots to do for work. And I have to drive up the the Big City to sign loan docs. We are refinancing.

Today I start my first “real” class for my CLAD (English language learner authorization for my teaching credential). The class is called Culture and Inclusion. I read and took notes  on the first chapter already.  The book is extremely partisan, and written from a philosophical and religious view point I strongly disagree with.  But, I want to do well in the class, I need to pass all these classes to keep my job, so I suppose I will just be a hypocrite and regurgitate it all. “Resistance is futile. You must assimilate.”

• Like 4

Morning. Getting ready to blast through my to-do list this week. But there's a lot on it. I might require more caffeine and epic music. Other than that, not too much going on. I need to go to town and am putting that off as long as I can because I spent the weekend in the car and I'm not ready to get back in it. 

• Like 4

I got dinner in the crock pot and am starting pasta salad. I will be getting home from the Big City very close to dinner time.

First assignment for my class is done (introducing myself on the discussion board) and I started reading chapter 2 in the book.

Laundry is getting done.

All kinda of things are being accomplished today.

🏆🏆🏆

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I watered my garden.

I have never made the time to get our irrigation system optimized for the garden--former homeowners just had grass, and while there are lots of sprinklers it just isn't well set up for the stuff I have planted.

So I do most of the watering by hand. I figure it is good, peaceful outdoor time for me and that is a good thing.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, maize said:

I watered my garden.

I have never made the time to get our irrigation system optimized for the garden--former homeowners just had grass, and while there are lots of sprinklers it just isn't well set up for the stuff I have planted.

So I do most of the watering by hand. I figure it is good, peaceful outdoor time for me and that is a good thing.

I love watering by hand. It gives me a chance to see how the plants are growing and Commune with nature.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Nobody is taking this thread seriously.

I folded laundry.

I completely forgot about laundry.  Oh well.  Not really enough time today.  

In other news, I served about the least healthy dinner you could ask for: seasoned curly fries (from freezer) topped with thick cut bacon and mozzarella, and sriracha hollandaise for dipping.  There was also a mixed baby greens salad to offset the rest of the meal (somewhat). 😁

I'm pooped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Day two of remote audit.  I'm having to repeat everything like 5-6 times before the auditor gets it.  The others involved are having the same problem with him.  He appears a lot more confused than during previous audits I have had with him.  Aging is hard. 😞  

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Good morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!L?~D

Tuesady!!!!

HOT!!!☀️☀️☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥😩😩😩😩😩 

I got an apt at the bank this morning to wire some money to the title company to close this refinance. It makes me feel so glamorous... wiring money. Like it’s from some off-shore account in the Cayman Islands Or something for some nefarious purpose. But it’s not . It’s from a credit union. For the purpose of a lower interest rate and so we can pay off our house before we retire. It’s amazing how glamorous my life is....not.

Then my little girls’ friend is coming over to play.  And I’ve got some things for work. And I need to do some reading for my class. I got a 10/10 on my first assignment. But that was easy.... just introducing myself in the discussion board.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morning. Busy day here. I had to put some notifications on mute for today. Camp NaNoWriMo is coming, I have three projects I want to work on, and I need to clear my project list this week and get one ready to go. (Meaning I need to look at feedback, probably stamp around and shout angrily for a few hours, and then think and decide I know what to do to fix it.)  I also need to pick paint colors for my next watercolor project and set that up so I can work on it daily. And clean. And cook. I need a clone.

• Like 5

awwww, baby ducklings!  Welcome!

I am home from my first colonoscopy.  Not too bad. Can't drive the rest of the day or sign important documents, lol.  So, any revisions to ITT regulations will have to wait.  Theoretically I won't remember much of the day, but I feel fairly normal at the moment.  Let me know if I get out of line, lol.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Congratulations, Lynn.

I am frustrated. Today we can start ordering Classes for our high school students and The system is over-loaded and jammed up.😡 I’m not terribly concerned, but I would like to get this done. It’s kinda like Walmart at 5:30am on Black Friday.

but I did get a Booya/h out of the whole thing.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We are back from the places.  I went back to the giant used bookstore during fiddle class. Because books.  Found a couple fun things for ds's birthday coming up.  We got home and had story time.  Imma change the key for Sea Of Love (ukulele sing-along) because it doesn't seem to fit anyone's voice in G.  I think C will work better.  We're having an early dinner (falafel tacos) and then going mini-bowling for Father's Day.  Ds15 is currently getting a haircut!  

• Like 2