Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I am nesting on your behalf.  I'm scolding various family members on their slovenly ways and ordering people about.

That’s what I did, too. I have one who just drops things and leaves them there on the floor. And then looks amazed when I tell her to pick it up. Like... “How did that get there?”

• Haha 2

Dh and I spent a couple of hours straightening out the Basement of Doom.  He took one load of trash (mostly cardboard boxes) to the dump.  I am hoping that we can make a Good Will run soon.

And we have a plan for storing the Stuff the College Kids Left Behind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Dh and I spent a couple of hours straightening out the Basement of Doom.  He took one load of trash (mostly cardboard boxes) to the dump.  I am hoping that we can make a Good Will run soon.

And we have a plan for storing the Stuff the College Kids Left Behind.

Did you move in with Jean?  I wanna come too!

57 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Me either! Is it weird that he actually seemed calmer afterward? As in sat down and played quietly in one spot in the kitchen for nearly an hour while I cooked dinner. I expected the tasmanian devil, roadrunner, or something of the like. Odd.

Caffeine helps some people focus...I am one of those people.  Though I guess I wouldn't have thunk it for a Very Young Person.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I went to the grocery store. I’ve been to the Afsa exactly once since the Apocalypse. The grocery store is much more expensive than the Afsa, but I just can’t bring myself to go to the Afsa.

I felt this way about Aldi for a long time.  I've been shopping there again the past couple weeks and it has been fine, though I'm still only allowed 3 dozen eggs at a time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

I've been watching the final season of "What Not To Wear" on Amazon Prime.  I think they would not encourage my love for the color brown.  Though today I *am* wearing navy blue. 😂

I wear a lot of black. It’s my preferred neutral.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the house before this one we had:

the Closet of Doom -- open the door at your own risk,

Purgatory -- the closet where I put toys, etc. if I wasn't sure that I wanted to get rid of them,

Moria -- the closet under the stairs,

and

Narnia -- the small group of trees  on the side of the house with a lamppost inexplicably placed among them .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Junie, did you need levels 4 or 5 of Beast Academy?  I’ve been meaning to ask

Sure!  My girls would love them!  I think all of us read the level 3 books. 😉 Can you send me a PM with the cost and I'll give you my address again if you need it.

• Like 1

Movie Night begins in a few minutes.  (As soon as dd13 is finished with the dishes.)

The Sound of Music Live! (the one with Carrie Underwood) free on youtube this weekend.

ETA:  The hills are alive with the sound of booyahs.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Sure!  My girls would love them!  I think all of us read the level 3 books. 😉 Can you send me a PM with the cost and I'll give you my address again if you need it.

I have your address.  Just shipping.  I need the bookshelf space ! 🤪

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Sound of Music Live was a lot of fun.

I particularly liked the characters of Max and Elsa -- although I never liked them before.  Captain VonTrapp was also particularly good.

This production was different from the famous movie version -- it was much more like the stage production.

My high school put on The Sound of Music my sophomore year and I fell in love with it.  (And memorized it!  That kind of happens when you spend 10+ hours at rehearsals each week for 10 weeks.)

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

I got to sleep at a decentish hour last night (1:30) and I slept pretty well.

Off to read Ezra and Romanos (Romans).  This year for my Bible reading I'm trying to read through the OT in English and the NT is Spanish.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Morning.  I went to bed at a semi-decent hour and got up super early.   I've been up for about an hour and I still have 45 minutes before my alarm goes off.   I really feel much better rested when I wake up without the alarm so I should work on doing that more often.

Our ring doorbell went off at 3am and there was some funky white flapping thing.  Dh thinks it was garbage and we had a bear visit.  I'm afraid to look outside but will have to do it soon.  

Meeting dd to workout and laundry are on today's agenda.  Dh is coming home today.

• Like 3

Coffee! 

The cat woke me early to let me know she was about to die of death because empty food bowl.  She is now lounging across the main walkway through the living room like a full figured lady in a Peter Paul Ruben's painting. 

We're going to second service today because they're recognizing graduates.  

• Like 5

Good morning!

I woke up in the middle of the night with a case of the hiccoughs!  Finally got myself to the kitchen for a drink of water,  We are going to a restaurant in The Big City tonight for ds24's birthday which is in a couple days.  We got a spot at the early service this morning.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

Went outside to water the garden and check on the garbage and, it looks like no bear visited because there is no garbage all over the place.  

Dd's tai kwan do is starting outdoor classes this week.   It sounds great but I'm still torn on whether she should do them or not.   One, it's summer and hot and we've been having air quality warnings plus late afternoon thunderstorms which is just when she'd be in class.  Two, they are doing the classes in the parking lot and grassy area in front of their building.  Which is on a highway that sees major traffic during rush hour.  Which is the time the classes are scheduled.   

My main concern with both of these issues is dd has asthma.  Mainly exercise induced but does seem to have an allergy component.   I feel bad that she's taking such a long break from training but I also don't want to set her up for having to leave class early like she had to do with Zoom.   But, on the other hand I don't know if we'll ever get back to actual indoor, in real life classes so this may mean she no longer does TKD.   Although, I don't know what they'll do in winter in that case.   I think I'd prefer indoor classes with the air conditioning but wearing masks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, maize said:

I may or may not have ordered a new bookshelf from Amazon this week...

DH just agreed we could convert the closet in the school room to bookshelves.  He suggested I could do it when I replace the carpet with tile. 😆 Apparently I “have done it before and have the vacation time.”  But yeah, if I get the budget to do it, I’m so going to take him up on that.  My mind is full of ideas.  And he suggested a small couch for some comfortable seating.  You know, all of the things I mentioned previously that are now his ideas 🙄 ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ikslo said:

DH just agreed we could convert the closet in the school room to bookshelves.  He suggested I could do it when I replace the carpet with tile. 😆 Apparently I “have done it before and have the vacation time.”  But yeah, if I get the budget to do it, I’m so going to take him up on that.  My mind is full of ideas.  And he suggested a small couch for some comfortable seating.  You know, all of the things I mentioned previously that are now his ideas 🙄 ❤️

Just a testimony of your great management and communication skills!  🏆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!!!

I am not sure what we are doing for church today. DD wants to go, DH and I want to stay home. 
Baby Informed me there are 15 dried out worms on the front walk .

It was 107 degrees yesterday. Today it’s supposed to be 94. Tomorrow 85. You know what that means...... wind and lots of it. My allergies are going to go biserk.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Coffee! 

The cat woke me early to let me know she was about to die of death because empty food bowl.  She is now lounging across the main walkway through the living room like a full figured lady in a Peter Paul Ruben's painting. 

This is such an awesome description.🤣🐱

• Like 3

We were supposed to be back at church for the first time today--they split the congregation into three groups and assigned each a different service time so people could be spread out, encouraged mask wearing, planned a shortened service, and recommended anyone in a higher risk group stay home. Then they cancelled the plan to resume services entirely two days ago because of increasing case numbers.

So we're doing home church again this morning.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Oh my. Youngest just got ahold of my drink (he's discovered whatever is in Mommy's cup is usually better than what's in his) and drank half the cup before I realized I'd left it in his reach. Sweet tea. His first taste of anything with caffeine ever. I'm watching and waiting to see what happens when it kicks in and praying I can get him to sleep tonight.

He'll probably chill, and possibly nap.

23 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I went to the grocery store. I’ve been to the Afsa exactly once since the Apocalypse. The grocery store is much more expensive than the Afsa, but I just can’t bring myself to go to the Afsa.

I'm glad our Afsa has pick-up. Although, the past couple of times they really messed up. It got fixed though, and I still will use it.

22 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Me either! Is it weird that he actually seemed calmer afterward? As in sat down and played quietly in one spot in the kitchen for nearly an hour while I cooked dinner. I expected the tasmanian devil, roadrunner, or something of the like. Odd.

No, not weird. Caffeine has the opposite effect on children. This is why some people "medicate" their really energetic (or AD/HD kids) with caffeine.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Renai said:

He'll probably chill, and possibly nap.

I'm glad our Afsa has pick-up. Although, the past couple of times they really messed up. It got fixed though, and I still will use it.

No, not weird. Caffeine has the opposite effect on children. This is why some people "medicate" their really energetic (or AD/HD kids) with caffeine.

Since the Apocalypse, the Afsa can’t guarantee anything on grocery pickup. That’s why stopped doing that, too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We are back from the Big City.  The restaurant had magicians and a ghost pianist who took requests.  The kids had the most fun with this - they would request something ("Thurston, play You'll Be Back from Hamilton") and if he knew the song he's play a couple high notes and then start.  If he couldn't play the song, he'd smash a couple low notes.  Sometimes he'd play something similar or another song by the same artist.  He even played a D scale. Lol.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My girls had never had cherry pie because A) I don't make pie and B) most store-bought cherry pie contains Red #40 (which two of the girls are allergic to).

Once upon a time, my father-in-law (who was in his mid-80s at the time) decided that cherry pie should not be missed.  He went out to his cherry tree, picked cherries, made pie filling (without dye) and made a cherry pie for them.

I almost cried.  It was such a sweet gift.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Junie said:

My girls had never had cherry pie because A) I don't make pie and B) most store-bought cherry pie contains Red #40 (which two of the girls are allergic to).

Once upon a time, my father-in-law (who was in his mid-80s at the time) decided that cherry pie should not be missed.  He went out to his cherry tree, picked cherries, made pie filling (without dye) and made a cherry pie for them.

I almost cried.  It was such a sweet gift.

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I haven't seen the Rainier cherries in the grocery store yet.  What's going on, Jean?  It's almost the 4th of July!  We NEEEEEEEEDDD Rainier cherries! I wonder if they would make a good pie?  

I have been eating them for the past couple of weeks.  But they are a local cherry so maybe we get them first?  I don't think that they would make a good pie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

I woke up about half an hour ago and couldn't get back to sleep.  I slept pretty well. :)

A tiny bit of my headache is still lingering. 

Some of my kids were supposed to start camp this morning.  I feel bad that I told them no, but I feel that it's the right decision.

• Like 3

Morning.  Went to bed pretty early last night so woke up early again this morning.  Dh is home so I had an omelette for breakfast.   

Meeting with dd to work out today.  We've been doing a lot of yoga lately.  It's too hot even early to walk outside, and we've both been stressed and tired.  

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have been eating them for the past couple of weeks.  But they are a local cherry so maybe we get them first?  I don't think that they would make a good pie. 

That makes sense.  We probably have to wait until the full crops are in.  And I haven't checked all the stores.  I have never made a cherry pie.  Could be fun.  Or a disaster.  But I'll save the Rainiers for fresh eating.

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Everyone is sleeping in this morning except the rabbits who were thumping around earlier.  Not much going on today - I have a mandolin lesson this afternoon and there's a picnic with the Scout Girls tonight.  I have gotten started on freezer meal planning for the fall.  I want to get at least the soups done and a good start on other meals before we bring the puppy home.     

Coffee!

• Like 2

Hello. I'm not dead. Just busy. But I caught up and am glad to see I'm not the only one with a severe case of book fever. Making a list today for purchase. 

I'm kind of waiting on some news right now that may mess up the rest of my week, but we'll see. I'm planning to spend most of it at home working on writing, getting everything ready for Camp NaNoWriMo, and easing back into school after three weeks off. We'll see if I get to do that or not.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1