Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning.   We had plans to meet at the lake with a friend today but it looks like it's going to be a "scattered showers and thunderstorms" kind of day.  I"ll wait and see if it looks clearer later or not but we may not go.  000000000000

Those stupid zeroes.   This new laptop I'm using, I thought it was exactly like my laptop but I keep hitting the bottom of the number keypad with the mouse, which I never did on my laptop,. 

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Junie said:

I was looking at/stalking dd17's instagram and found out that one of her new friends at college is the daughter of a friend of mine from college.  🙂

🥰

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Baby helped make dinner. She is really a good cook. She made apple crumble for dessert and this summer pasta stuff that was divine. She’s only nine years old. She has a couple of good cook books and knows how to follow a recipe.

🥰

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am older than all of you - except for Queen Ellie. 

🥰

• Like 1

Good morning!

I have foolishly scheduled TWO major activities for today: sketching and jam making.  These two things don't go together well.  The plan is to sketch first and start jam after that.  Normally I start jam early so I can be done by lunch.  Dh may have yo go pick something up today.  Grape and Wild Blueberry Grape.  Hopefully I have enough grape puree for 4 batches.  I haven't made jam in 2 years!

Coffee!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Renai said:

Pregnant women in hospitals need an advocate at all times, whether in labor or not: especially if they are young, 1st time mothers, and/or people of color.

Yes, I was so concerned when you said boyfriend would be there instead of you.  Not cause I have anything against him.  I just think she should have you too!!  😢💓

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I received an email that Notgrass is taking pre-orders now for their new elementary US geography curriculum...

John would just die over this. I might buy him the text just for kicks. He's read Our Star Spangled Story by himself probably twice and is currently turning our house into an American history museum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sketching and jam are done for the day.  I only had enough grape pulp/wild blueberries for 3 batches of jam.  I guess I could have gotten started on the triple berry but I had everything cleaned up and put away before I thought of it.  I keep tweaking my sketch and thinking I should add a bit more color.  Dd21 was a rebel and did watercolor instead of sketching. 😄

Dd21 just left for work and Wally is running.  I should get stuff out for dinner.  Thai peanut chicken.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm sad that something happened that required that, but I'm proud of her for doing it.  

Me too! She was just telling me the other day that she might need to use my frontal lobe a little longer (I was telling her uh uhn). Then yesterday as she was telling me things and her responses, I was like, "see? You don't need my frontal lobe!" Hers kicked into gear.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  Happy Juneteenth!

I have phone calls to make today and a library run.  I am also on a quest for rhubarb.  It's very difficult to find around here.  Once in a while I can find frozen.  This afternoon we are going to the community pool - dh has a half day of work.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

Good morning!!!!

COFFEEEE!!!!~D

Driday!!😘🎉🎉🎉

The cats have been very naughty in the morning, right now they are doing the Indy-500 Around the house. Yesterday Misty brought a dead mouse into the house and was batting it around on the tile under the table until DH scooped it up and threw it out. 

I don’t know what I’m going to do today. I’ve been cleaning up the office. There’s a few odds and ends left to finish up the school, year for work. I should probably get a jump on my CLAD (English Language Learner Certification) class which starts on Monday. I’ve got a month to do the class, but I’ve also got jury duty and vacation in there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

Whatcha makin' with rhubarb? We have a rhubarb plant that grows in our back yard that never seems to die. Comes back every year. I only figured out what to do with it in the last two years. Chop it, freeze it, and use it to bake cakes and pies. I really should venture into other areas with it.

I want to make strawberry-rhubarb jam.  My mom (in MN) has a gorgeous rhubarb plant, too.  I have tried to grow it down here, and know people who have had success, but so far I have not been able to manage it.  My mom said she made rhubarb crisp the other day and I got a major hankering!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Junie said:

The little girls have been doing a quarantine count-up: how many days since they have left our property.  Today is day

We are self quarantining because we went to Colorado, but we've always gone on walks. 100 is a long time!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Slache said:

We are self quarantining because we went to Colorado, but we've always gone on walks. 100 is a long time!

I can't really go on walks with them, but we do have a good-sized backyard.  That helps with some of the stir-crazy.

• Like 3

EdPo:

Bible memory verses for upcoming school year have been decided on and formatted. We are memorizing Psalm 103, Luke 2 and John 1:1-14. I have also decided to do CLE Bible curriculum for all next year. We used one Light Unit at the end of this year, since we finished God’s Great Covenant at the end of April.  The girls liked it, and since I bought 2 Light Units, we might as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I need to decide what to have for take-out tonight. We are committed to local restaurants and not chains, although chains do employ locals.... so whatever. The kids are kind of burnt out, but I don’t want to cook. First world problems, I know.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

Happy Friday.   I forgot it was Friday, even though I knew yesterday was Thursday.  

I'm working on a bunch of stuff for the science center - laminating, cutting, printing, trying to get things cleaned up and organized before I start interviewing teachers.   So far I have two resumes, but I didn't post the job on the local homeschool board yet.  

I have to do something to get the younger two kids more active.   I meet up with oldest dd every day but they wouldn't come to that (and honestly, I like that time with just oldest).   But I think I need to start something daily with them.  Maybe bringing them to the science center and doing some exercise every day.  Or something at home but our space there is really small. 

• Like 2

We are back from the pool.  They were allowing half capacity and had all the lounge chairs set up in pairs 6 feet apart.  Only half of them were occupied.  We got to try out our new swimsuits and they were deemed satisfactory.

We are out of butter so Imma run back to Kroger and get more rhubarb (and butter).  Anyone need anything while Im out?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We are out of butter so Imma run back to Kroger and get more rhubarb (and butter).  Anyone need anything while Im out?

An ice cream sandwich. No.... an It’s It. Those take ice cream sandwiches to a whole new level.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

EdPo:

Bible memory verses for upcoming school year have been decided on and formatted. We are memorizing Psalm 103, Luke 2 and John 1:1-14. I have also decided to do CLE Bible curriculum for all next year. We used one Light Unit at the end of this year, since we finished God’s Great Covenant at the end of April.  The girls liked it, and since I bought 2 Light Units, we might as well.

This sounds so nice. Very simple, peaceful, doable. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I was actually wondering the same thing and about to post and ask if there's any update.

How do you do that blue box name thing? I've been beckoned to other threads I forgot I even posted on by this method, but have no clue how they did it.

You type the @ symbol and then start typing the person's username -- without a space in between.  A drop down box usually pops up so that you can choose the person that you want.

You can @ me to practice if you want to.

• Like 1

@Junie  Well that's fun!  I can @Junie all day long!  Until bedtime.  Then Junie must sleep.

@Junie Booyah!! 

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Dd15 and I started watching Gone With the Wind tonight.  Part 2 will be tomorrow night because that movie is 4 hours long.  I think Peter Jackson must be a descendant of its director.

The movie is much better than what I expected.  We are enjoying it.

• Like 1