Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

Last day of fiddle jam camp today.  I promised the girls a trip to the used bookstore afterwards.  

We still haven't gotten a status on our travel insurance claim.  It's pretty much impossible to get a hold of anyone on the phone, and my claims page simply says we may experience delays.

I'm in the market for new bath towels.  Anyone have a favorite brand?   

Coffee!

• Like 2

Morning.  No workout with dd today, she couldn't make it.  I slept in a little bit except for the dog making me let him out just before 5am.   We're heading to the lake this afternoon for a little while to meet some friends, outside and socially distanced.  I'm not sure how long we'll stay.  It's been so hot with crappy air quality so I'm just not sure.  

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Double chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting and some chocolate curls on top. 😍 I haven't really had much of a sweet tooth this pregnancy, but I might just have to make some of these. Soon.

Svengo - so much delicious!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Matt won't let me get a tattoo I just found randomly on the internet and have to have or I'll die.

I'm pretty sure no one has died from lack of tattoo.  Plus rules.

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

It might be the meds.  Maybe you should wait.  

Listen to Lynn.

1 hour ago, Slache said:

No, I don't think so.

See above.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have my computer back from the Geek Squad.   Now to test if it's REALLY fixed.   WTM is my ultimate test - how many tabs can I have open and it still run well?   Before I was able to hit 15 or so tabs without any problem.  My temporary computer I was having to wait for tabs to load with any more than 5 open.   So, we shall see.  

They did a complete wipe and a hardware diagnostic.  They said the hardware diagnostic originally came up with a problem (maybe from an entire glass of water being dumped in it?) but that it did a self repair and then passed the diagnostic when they ran it again.   So far it SEEMS to be doing okay.  It's definitely faster than the temporary one I was using. 

ETA:  Webroot was running a scan while I was typing this.  It came up with one alert - "This system has crashed in the past week".  Y'think?

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Okay, I have 26 tabs open and no blue circles, all fully loaded.   YEAH!!!!!

Patience is not one of my virtues.  Especially not with slow electronics (and yes, I do remember the days of dial-up.  What can I say, I'm spoiled).

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was wrong, it's not really fixed.  😒  I closed it to put files from the temporary computer into the Cloud so I could download them, then went back on that one to load Office.   It wouldn't load office, then it wouldn't do anything.  It took it 30 minutes just to shut down.   So, I guess dh calls Geek Squad again tomorrow for another appointment to drop it off again.  

• Sad 6

Good morning!

I left the house at Dark O'Clock to bring dd21 to college roommate's house - she is spending the week with her family in Hilton Head.  So jealous!  I hope they have a wonderful time!  

We are experiencing the Very Large Saharan Dust Cloud.  Dd13 wants to try to collect some of it.  Somehow.  

Coffee!

• Like 1

Morning.  I'm super tired, actually hit snooze on my alarm.  Something I NEVER do.   But I stayed up too late last night, ate food that makes me sluggish (pizza) and spent too much time out and about yesterday.   

Still meeting dd to workout, then home to do some cleaning up and laundry.   Kids finished their 2 weeks of school so I have to set up another 2 weeks this weekend.  

Dh is still at his moms but thinks he'll come home tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

Homeschool planning and house cleaning today.

I usually plan the next year's homeschool during VBS (I drop all of the kids off and go back home to an empty house), but I realized that VBS is most likely not going to happen.  Poof!  There went my planning week. 😞

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

Homeschool planning and house cleaning today.

I usually plan the next year's homeschool during VBS (I drop all of the kids off and go back home to an empty house), but I realized that VBS is most likely not going to happen.  Poof!  There went my planning week. 😞

I feel this.  Not enough alone time since March for sure.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Junie said:

Ack!  Send them to Camp JJM?

• Like 2

Jacoby (our GSD) hasn’t been finishing his breakfast lately, and then will beg for food later on, refusing to eat the leftover food in his bowl.  So this morning I called him back over and told him he need eat the rest because it was a waste of food and he’s not getting more later.  I said it in the same tone I would to my son.  He sighed (I think he learned that from me), and he ate his food.  I got quite the chuckle out of it.  This is the same dog who won’t eat his food until you sit down to eat yours and tell him it’s okay to eat. I love this dog.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Jacoby (our GSD) hasn’t been finishing his breakfast lately, and then will beg for food later on, refusing to eat the leftover food in his bowl.  So this morning I called him back over and told him he need eat the rest because it was a waste of food and he’s not getting more later.  I said it in the same tone I would to my son.  He sighed (I think he learned that from me), and he ate his food.  I got quite the chuckle out of it.  This is the same dog who won’t eat his food until you sit down to eat yours and tell him it’s okay to eat. I love this dog.

#doglifeisruff  ❤️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday!!!!

Hot!!!!🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥😩😩😩😩

Well, I didn’t dream about velociraptors getting me, but I did dream that everyone was calling me and asking me to babysit their kids. Even people I only knew slightly from church....”well, we’re going to the hospital to have a baby and we can’t find anyone to watch our other kids”, and I remember thinking (in my dream) “I didn’t even know you were pregnant AGAIN”.

I Need to work on my CLAD class again. Assignments are due this weekend. I am such a rebel. The book I have to read for my class noted another book with an opposing viewpoint, so I went and ordered that book. Just to see. It’s a good book, and I actually agree with its arguments. I knew I would, because I vehemently disagree with the underlying presuppositions and worldview of the class.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I think my nesting has kicked in. I really want to clean reorganize the cabinets in the pantry and laundry room before the baby arrives. And maybe pull everything out of the kitchen cabinets/drawers and give them a thorough cleaning, too. It seems that every time I get started on something, though, Youngest, Oldest, or DH need me for something else. Why can't I get anything done? 😭

Your dh needs to take the kids and get out of the house somewhere.

That's the only way I get any time to work on something without interruption.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Nobody is taking this thread seriously.

I took a nap.  Now back to tidying back deck.

18 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I think my nesting has kicked in.

I am nesting on your behalf.  I'm scolding various family members on their slovenly ways and ordering people about.

• Like 2

Travel Refund Advice Needed!

So our flights (British Airways) to England that were cancelled came to $1500 and change.  We purchased travel insurance through "TG" - we should be getting a refund for those tickets but the insurance company is still "working on it."  They are understandably overwhelmed and way behind.

Enter the company through which we purchased the tickets - company "O".  They have been calling me all week.  I finally spoke to the person and felt pretty sure it was a scam, as they were requesting a $400 service fee to be paid up front.  Sorry no.  (I *might* have accused her brother of being a "Nigerian Prince".)  But she is still calling and emailing me and starting to get s little concerned about what to do with my refunded money.  She said they would now simply deduct the service fee from the refund and also give me a voucher toward another flight.  I told her I would think about it. 

Dh wants to take the deal from "O" because it would be done with and he doesn't believe the insurance co. will honor the policy.  I'm inclined to wait until "TG" insurance comes through on their claim.  Ds suggests we take both options. 😂

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Travel Refund Advice Needed!

So our flights (British Airways) to England that were cancelled came to $1500 and change.  We purchased travel insurance through "TG" - we should be getting a refund for those tickets but the insurance company is still "working on it."  They are understandably overwhelmed and way behind.

Enter the company through which we purchased the tickets - company "O".  They have been calling me all week.  I finally spoke to the person and felt pretty sure it was a scam, as they were requesting a $400 service fee to be paid up front.  Sorry no.  (I *might* have accused her brother of being a "Nigerian Prince".)  But she is still calling and emailing me and starting to get s little concerned about what to do with my refunded money.  She said they would now simply deduct the service fee from the refund and also give me a voucher toward another flight.  I told her I would think about it. 

Dh wants to take the deal from "O" because it would be done with and he doesn't believe the insurance co. will honor the policy.  I'm inclined to wait until "TG" insurance comes through on their claim.  Ds suggests we take both options. 😂

No. MIL has cashed in insurance multiple times and this is ridiculous. She pays a small fee at the time of purchase, but not when she gets the money back.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Oh my. Youngest just got ahold of my drink (he's discovered whatever is in Mommy's cup is usually better than what's in his) and drank half the cup before I realized I'd left it in his reach. Sweet tea. His first taste of anything with caffeine ever. I'm watching and waiting to see what happens when it kicks in and praying I can get him to sleep tonight.

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry...